Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 01:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn, he beat me to the XC Coupe idea! long live bogan blood!
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 01:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JAZE wrote on Sun, 30 May 2004 05:22

.......if you can purchase a 1GZFE for around the 1500 dollar mark, even allowing 500 for shipping, why the hell wouldn't you?

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie will crack it, thats why!
sandman
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe Getting heated in here....

The one I saw at auction was for $2300 (Conversion from Yen obviously) I would have to get an importer to nab it for me, as I don't have a clue how to get them from there to here. So basically double the price should be feasable.

Now if someone would just buy my current car (Hopefully the car fair will get rid of it!) I will have the necessary funds to start. (I expect to take at least 6 months to restore a body, locate a engine, put it in, get it engineered, fill the inside with cow, etc..so I should have time to save the extra $$ as needed.)

1968 Aston Martin DBS coupe without engine and gearbox for $12k...sounds kinda rare? Thoughts?
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You want rare......

Bolwell Nagari.

Now that would be cool. Cool
sandman
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bolwell would be nice....Kinda harsh to destroy an aussie icon though, especially as there are so few left!

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 12:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha... That would be sick!

Sounds like norbies kinda car... "The self-made car for the self-made man"

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i21/2116_3mg.jpg

I can imagine it now:
With only $2795, a metrinch set and some custom made "brackets" norbie makes his own V12 5ltr Bolwell Nagari!
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a cool car.

"i just want one" Cool
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Sun, 30 May 2004 19:06

You want rare......

Bolwell Nagari.

Now that would be cool. Cool

There is one just around the corner from our place. Sounds nice and sweet even for a fffffffFord, and still looks bloody classy.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 15:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a 1GZFE in an MR2 would be absolutely insane, making the MR2 something I would want.

^_^

I'm sure it could be done, you'd want a big hammer though.

sandman
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Sun, 30 May 2004 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Evil....totally evil...

Can you imagine the heat soak behind the back of the seats?
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Mon, 31 May 2004 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.W.P. wrote on Sun, 30 May 2004 01:43

lumpy wrote on Fri, 28 May 2004 09:08

I had the good fortune to see a 2000GT in the flesh last year in a classic car rally.

What rally???

2003 Climb to the eagle (OK it's more a cruise than a rally). I saw it sitting in line at Vic Park racecourse..but never saw it at the eagle or in victor harbour. Also spotted 2 roaring 40's GT40 replicas Shocked Shocked Niiiiice. And an AE86 (gunmetal grey with letterbox grille) Laughing . I had the good fortune to be the passenger in my mates Alfa GTV6.
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Mon, 31 May 2004 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Mon, 31 May 2004 23:13

Also spotted 2 roaring 40's GT40 replicas Shocked Shocked Niiiiice.

there ya go what about a V12 GT40 replica?
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shelby Cobra
1GZ-FTE
Skyline GTR running gear (4WD & manual)

Not exactly unique (the above has been done but with a 1UZ-FTE), but would be fun Smile

1UZ-FE GT40 isn't unique either, theres a few of them. So I wouldn't consider a 1GZ-FE GT40 to be much more unique. IMHO

a 1GZ-FE with ITBs on the back of a GT40 would look soooo nice.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shelby Cobra replica is a great idea. You can probably pick up a half-finished one for a good price, and although there'd be some fabrication it'll heaps easier than chopping up a standard car to put it in.

Dunno about the GTR running gear tho..4WD wouldn't be as much as fun as RWD.

Or build you own Morgan Plus 12!! Shocked
sandman
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I considered the cobra / clubman style cars but discarded them due to complete lack of practicallity. I also have not seen a cheap cobra replica or clubman even in a half finished state for some time now (Kinda rare)

A cheap clubman kit requiring lotsa parts will still cost close to $20000 to build plus engine! Cobra kits run out about twice that.
Just not worth it IMHO

Production car also has the appeal of being more of a sleeper.

Just wish my car would sell so I could go pick up an Aston Martin!! damn their sexy for their age.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JAZE wrote on Sun, 30 May 2004 03:29

...or if you have a bit of bogan blood in your veins, a ford XA, XB, or XC coupe would take an engine as thus and there are less and less of them around every year thanks to rust......nuff said.

Hey! Mad Mad Mad Shocked Very Happy Laughing Laughing

He's right about the rust, I've spent a lifetime fixing these bloody things, but I still love them!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandman wrote on Tue, 01 June 2004 18:43

I considered the cobra / clubman style cars but discarded them due to complete lack of practicality.......Production car also has the appeal of being more of a sleeper.

http://www.smasa.com.au/documents/archives/2000/pictures/mem_cars/kedwards_comm_wagon_02.jpg

V12 Commodore station wagon. Unsuspecting (we all know they're slow as shit) and practical.

Now less dreaming, more converting.
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Tue, 01 June 2004 12:47

Shelby Cobra replica is a great idea. You can probably pick up a half-finished one for a good price, and although there'd be some fabrication it'll heaps easier than chopping up a standard car to put it in.

Dunno about the GTR running gear tho..4WD wouldn't be as much as fun as RWD.

Or build you own Morgan Plus 12!! Shocked

morgan 12 aye, like chitty chitty bang bang?
sandman
Occasional Poster

May 2004
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If my RVR would sell, I would already have the aston in the garage. It is guaranteed to have sold before I sell my current toy though *cry*

That commodore wagon idea is totally offputting...I just don't know a: why people buy them in the first place , b: why people would spend money on them , c: why anyone would want one of the death traps to go faster than 30km/h!!

Have a look at the devaux car...maybe if I had $150,000 to spare I could get him to build the toy for me with a v12 in it..
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got a nice 27 chev truck it would slip into Razz
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
M.W.P. wrote on Sun, 30 May 2004 02:13

lumpy wrote on Fri, 28 May 2004 09:08

I had the good fortune to see a 2000GT in the flesh last year in a classic car rally.

What rally???

My Guess would be the classic adelaide rally ..

They get all sorts of rare muscle cars entering ..

Ill be co driving in one this year - A ford Perana Gt - 500 ever made Smile very rare early 70's muscle ford

its heaps of fun!
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Road & Track had an article years ago that I still have that featured a Cobra replica with a Ferrari V12.

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2004 19:47]

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about importing one of these

http://www.calspyder.com/

[Updated on: Tue, 01 June 2004 22:16]

kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 01 June 2004 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shame any engine that goes into a new cobra car has to be brand new!and i mean not reconditioned it has to be brand spanking new so it becomes expensive doing a cobra now as the new rules are in force.
mick
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Wed, 02 June 2004 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mick, you can still buy replicas that are already registered but have big old V8s in them. Then do a conversion. Don't have to manufactor a new one (and comply to all the new rules)
7M-Brisbane
Forums Junkie

November 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Wed, 02 June 2004 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

if you can purchase a 1GZFE for around the 1500 dollar mark, even allowing 500 for shipping, why the hell wouldn't you?

The same question I asked Norbie...
mgrindel
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Mon, 13 June 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Get us a motor and we'll fit it up for you,
Actualy this is one of the motors we are interested in.
Mark
Devaux Cars
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Mon, 13 June 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice thread digging dude Rolling Eyes

Thread died over a year ago.
Big Rob
Regular

March 2005
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Mon, 13 June 2005 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would dump that engine strait into a 1963 Chevrolet 4-door hardtop impala. Then we would be pimping.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Mon, 13 June 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sun, 30 May 2004 22:23

Haha... That would be sick!

Sounds like norbies kinda car... "The self-made car for the self-made man"

http://us1.webpublications.com.au/static/images/articles/i21/2116_3mg.jpg

I can imagine it now:
With only $2795, a metrinch set and some custom made "brackets" norbie makes his own V12 5ltr Bolwell Nagari!

ahh theres one of theses things down at sandown every couple of months or so... red one really nice - he picked it up for $500 i think he said but it had a blown motor but he had an xa v8 lying around so he bung that in... nicest thing ever..
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Mon, 13 June 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mechanic has 2 of those bolwell's in his workshop at the moment, one is his. Personally I don't think they are all that special.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 14 June 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TIME WARP!!!

OK, it's been 12 months... who's done a V12 conversion?

*looks around*
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 14 June 2005 00:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put it in an MZ21 soarer
Bodgie Luigi
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 1GZ-FE 5litre V12 Dimensions and weight?? Tue, 14 June 2005 03:17 Go to previous message
What about one of the mid engine alfa sprint based cars. They're called the giacatollo or something like that. As far as I know they had an aussie V8 and were made in QLD somewhere.

Pages (2): [ «  <  1  2]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EP82 into what ? ?
Next Topic:Oil for 2T-B
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:28:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.023313045501709 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.