Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Supra 4-Pot Calipers Sun, 12 June 2005 08:32 Go to next message
Was wondering if anyone could give me any info on JZA80 4-pot Calipers, the ones that are used on the 323mm Supra Rotors for the TT Supra's,

Its just ive been told these are really expensive to buy, like $1000-$1400 and i was just wondering why?
I got the impression they were about as good as an R32/Z32 4-pot Caliper,
But $1400 is what you would pay for a set of Brembo's, not a set of R32/Z32 Calipers,

Anyone know who make the supra 4-pot Calipers?
What the piston size is?
Why they are so expensive?
  Send a private message to this user    
barned01
Regular

September 2003
Re: Supra 4-Pot Calipers Sun, 12 June 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i asked this once to some guy selling a set for 800 dollars.
and the answer he gave which seems 99% plausible is
"demand"
it has the supra name to it, everyone wants them and not many people get rid of them.
same scenario goes for supra front cut...8 grand for a 92 model supra...compare to soarer ~3 grand (a front cut that is not as in demand but contains still good engine nonetheless...yes i know the engine isn't quite the same in the 2 models but it is the best comparison i can come up with) or an sr20-det s13 half cut (commonly more than a soarer half cut).
with simple answer being demand.
people know they can get the money because they know people pay it.
my 2 cents
as for who makes them....ummm. no idea...i think sumitomo make a lot of OEM callipers though (including r33 gts calliper)
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Supra 4-Pot Calipers Sun, 12 June 2005 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll sell you a kilo of charcoal for $1.25, or a kilo of diamond for, well, you can't afford it! Same thing, different form. Supply and demand.
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: Supra 4-Pot Calipers Mon, 13 June 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool, kinda thought it would be something like that,

Ok, next dumb caliper question,

Why are Brembo calipers so expensive, im pretty sure they dont have bigger pistons than the Z32 300zx Calipers and id be surprised if they were lighter, so why are they so darned expensive - talking about the ones of WRX's and the like???

Few Prices of Brembo's..........
http://www.tweakit.net/shop/index.php?manufacturer s_id=37&osCsid=7740cda117cf1a4b3cc0206acc9618a d
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Supra 4-Pot Calipers Mon, 13 June 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those are EVO and GTR calipers - and I can tell you they're a lot bigger than Z32/R32 calipers!
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Supra 4-Pot Calipers Mon, 13 June 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was importing EVO Brembo calipers from the UK a little while ago. They owed me about $400 AUS a pair by the time they landed here. But after some experimentation, they turned out to be shit.
For example if you get some heat into them and then apply some pressure, they crack!! Shocked
I hope that aftermarket race oriented Brembo calipers are a bit better quality Confused
aussie260z
Regular

April 2005
Re: Supra 4-Pot Calipers Mon, 13 June 2005 10:45 Go to previous message
I dont see how they could be alot bigger then the Z32 which has - 42mm times 4 pistons, thats pretty darn huge (thats like 1.65" piston diameter),
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:oil pressure 3tgteu
Next Topic:4age questions
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 22:34:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074849128723145 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.