Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Lo1ux
Newcomer

June 2005
3y engine Mon, 13 June 2005 13:16 Go to next message
hey how u all doin. i have done a search and didnt seem to find any info. so heres my Q

i have a 3y engine in my lux and i want to get more performance out of it possibly 120kw which is almost double wat it has at the moment is this going to be possible. the reason i ask is that i dont have the time to take my truck off the road for along period of time to do a conversion nor do i have the cash

any would be much appreciated

cheers lo1ux
  Send a private message to this user    
JFAllen
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: 3y engine Mon, 13 June 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lo1ux wrote on Mon, 13 June 2005 22:46

hey how u all doin. i have done a search and didnt seem to find any info. so heres my Q

i have a 3y engine in my lux and i want to get more performance out of it possibly 120kw which is almost double wat it has at the moment is this going to be possible. the reason i ask is that i dont have the time to take my truck off the road for along period of time to do a conversion nor do i have the cash

any would be much appreciated

cheers lo1ux

I had 1986 hilux with a 3Y (AKA: the Ghetto Lux.) had a whopping 90hp at the crank, which equates to about 67kW at the fly, thus <45RWkW. However I maintain it's not how much power you've got, it's how much power your prepaied to use. Note: when driving through the hills it'd get past 65km/h in 2nd before I'd go looking for 3rd, and past 95km/h before grabbing fourth. While that's not much for a performance car, I think l01ux can aprecitate how hard that's working the poor 3y.

There are no bolt on mods in my mind that'll get that motor up to 120kW. However a new carbi, exhaust system and let it rev to 7,000RPM+ and you never know what'll happen.

however money would be better spent on a 1G-GTE.

Jordan

P.S: I once to had dreams of modding a 3Y, they were quickly layed to rest with the purchase of a GT4.

[Updated on: Mon, 13 June 2005 13:54]

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 3y engine Mon, 13 June 2005 14:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on the 1ggte you could allways use the 1g superchager to boost your 3y would probably not be worth it tho
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: 3y engine Mon, 13 June 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You could all ways do breathing mods, better extractors / exhaust, that sort of jazz, it won't make enormous power gains, but enough to make some of a difference.
Lo1ux
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: 3y engine Mon, 13 June 2005 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im runnin extractors and a 2inch freeflow exhauast at the moment and i make it work its arse off. but it is still slow as a wet week. do pod filters/cai/ram air do much for it. im even willing to change cams, leads so on and so forth i just cant afford a engine conversion unless it is pull out and put back in little to no mads required to the engine bay and all the other shit.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 3y engine Mon, 13 June 2005 17:35 Go to previous message
find/make an engine that will fit,

buy/mod/make all the bits you need to do it, assemble it all out side of the car, (crossmember, geabox, intake, ignition etc.)

then whack the whole lot in.

the only issue i can see you having then is the tailshaft, (connecting the motor the wheels)

and the exhaust, which will have to be custom...

just do it slowly, and pull it off the road when you have a wek or two holidays to spare.

if it all goes sour, you have the old stuff to use.

alternativly, buy a $300 ke70 or something to suffice while your doing it, then, fix the rust and sell it for $800 Smile

Eldar.O.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Widebody Camry oil leak
Next Topic:gze bigport head vs ge bigport head
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 26 14:20:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.1574878692627 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.