Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Thu, 03 March 2005 23:55 Go to next message
Hi guys,

I've got a T series diff lying around (no axles/brakes)

Just wondering what alternatives do i have in terms of axles (S series fit?)

and more importantly, which discs can i adapt with little modification? Would the S series drums fit on?
  Send a private message to this user    
Turbo_Tim
Regular

February 2005
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Fri, 04 March 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I too might be interested to find this out for later reference. I think preferably discs. Wait and see how the ra60 fronts pull it up first i guess.
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Fri, 04 March 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I haven't ever tried it, but the AE86 drums look VERY similar to the T18 ones and could well fit.

RA60 axles fit, and maybe some other celicas like RA40 and RA2*. S series axle splines fit, but the bearing is too small.

Hen
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Fri, 04 March 2005 02:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R31 skyline discs Evil or Very Mad
Simon-AE86
Forums Junkie

Banned user

July 2002

Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Fri, 04 March 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drums are same as ae86 S series but axles are not, bearings different size
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Fri, 04 March 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm so the S series drums will bolt straight on ?! Surprised

RA60 axles sound close, i guess the next wreckers run will involve mr tape measure
Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Fri, 04 March 2005 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[EDIT - I just discovered RA60 axles actually need 10mm shaved off the end to fit properly, but are otherwise spot on]

Hen

[Updated on: Wed, 30 March 2005 14:40]

TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Fri, 04 March 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
S series drums definately do bolt on, as do MX13/23 corona drums.

Cheers
Phil
ninja_86
Regular

January 2005
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Wed, 30 March 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jesseT18 wrote on Fri, 04 March 2005 13:15

R31 skyline discs Evil or Very Mad

how did you make them fit???
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Wed, 30 March 2005 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ST-141 disk with ae-92 calipers I hear fit nicely, or if you want something painfull use ae-82 calipers. See my worklog link in my signiture for more details and pics soon.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Thu, 09 June 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Sat, 05 March 2005 00:22

S series drums definately do bolt on
Cheers
Phil

Ok can someone else put input into this statement cause I have read conflicting arguments about this.

Some say Sprinter S series drums can not be put onto T18 T series axle and others say it does...... so which is it?

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 04:05]

4a-c
Regular

April 2003
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Thu, 09 June 2005 05:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to use S series brakes you have to grind out the hole in the backing plate (what the shoes and slave cylinder etc attach to) so that the larger bearing of the T series axles can fit through. Other than that i believe they are identical.
drift86levin
Forums Junkie

August 2004
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Thu, 09 June 2005 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
purley because i have a habbit of twisting, and then snapping axles, i have had to find an alternate source of T-18 fitting axles..RA40 celica ones fit right in, with the top 3-4mm shaved off with a grinder or similar object..this doesn't effect the engagement of the spline, and for some reason, when you say i need rear wheel bearings for an RA40 celica, they come up cheaper than ones for a t-18..and geuss what THERE THE SAME PART NUMBER! but yeh..i havn't snapped a celica one yet either, go figure Rolling Eyes

Matty
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon14.gif  Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Tue, 14 June 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4a-c wrote on Thu, 09 June 2005 15:14

If you want to use S series brakes you have to grind out the hole in the backing plate (what the shoes and slave cylinder etc attach to) so that the larger bearing of the T series axles can fit through. Other than that i believe they are identical.

Thanks mate.... yeah I had alook on the weekend. They are identical minus the actual size of the hole where the bearing goes through.

Thanks for your help!
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: what axles/brakes fit T-18 diff assembly? Tue, 14 June 2005 05:10 Go to previous message
If you want drums just grab some RA23/8/40 drums as they bolt to the T18 housing.

S like people say can be made to fit, but easier to grab something already from a T series diff.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Changing the water pump in a 1JZ
Next Topic:clutch guru required
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:23:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046238899230957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.