Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon14.gif  **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Tue, 14 June 2005 10:41 Go to next message
Time has come to sell my beloved car.

1973 TA22 Celica with a 3TGTEU, twin spark, fuel injected, turbo . Full mod plate for conversion.

Full 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust
Front mount inter-cooler with custom piping
Type 3 B.O.V.
2 Pack paint in Ferrari Red
Auto Technica racing bucket seats ( with mod plate )
Glass Sunroof ( tilt only )
Forged custom pistons
Basic boost controller
5 Sp manual
Custom made clutch by Jim Berry's workshop
3 core radiator
Battery relocated in boot
Cold air induction
Boost Gage
Oil pressure Gage
Alarm with remote central locking
Turbo timer wired into alarm ( shuts car down and triggers
alarm if anything is opened while running when armed )
Personalized plates (Qld, to be sold with the car,"73DVL") And much more

Car is unregistered. Head gasket has been replaced ( car only traveled 50k's since then.) Must go as unable to take with me when I move house. Much loved and owes thousands more.

$ 6500

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12534http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12535http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12536

Attachment: car back.jpg
(Size: 14.96KB, Downloaded 2330 time(s))
Attachment: car int.jpg
(Size: 16.39KB, Downloaded 2275 time(s))
Attachment: car side.jpg
(Size: 16.64KB, Downloaded 2289 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 03:16]

Send a private message to this user    
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Tue, 14 June 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This used to be my car... it was in great condition when I owned her, but I havn't seen her for quite some time.

I can tell you the sills have been cut and replaced with new items and rust has also been removed from the usual window trouble areas. All work was steel plated by Camerons Smash Repairs at Coopers Plains.

I regret selling this car and would dearly love to buy it back, but my new toy (RA28) is keeping me quite busy Smile

Who ever buys this car will honestly be getting a bargain and will never want to sell it.

Cheers,
Kirk

Good luck with the sale Sam...
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Tue, 14 June 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing much has changed Kirk, maybe goes a bit harder Very Happy

Please excuse the pics, the car is rather dusty from being in the garage.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Tue, 14 June 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks a beaut...any engine bay pix by any chance?
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Tue, 14 June 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here it is... Not as pretty as the outside of the car, but never got around to getting it done.http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=12538

Attachment: engine.jpg
(Size: 17.99KB, Downloaded 2319 time(s))

KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Wed, 15 June 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whoever offered $1500 for this car is dreaming... I paid 3k for this car before the engine conversion was done... let alone the rust removal.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 02:11]

croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Wed, 15 June 2005 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I nearly fell off my chair laughing when I read that PM. But you get that from someone who isn't even old enough to have a licence.
DenZel
Regular

January 2004
    -
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Thu, 16 June 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are those seats?? would you part them?
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Thu, 16 June 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The seats alone will cost you $8000 and just because I'm a good guy.. I will throw the car in for free.

But on a serious note they are not that dear from memory just shop around and if your buying a pair work out a good price.

Sorry I would like to keep the seats myself but I have nothing to put in their place. So they have to stay in the car.
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Sat, 18 June 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump...

Its gotta go... make some offers people ( reasonable please )
Smokey228
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Sun, 19 June 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much would it cost roughly to get it to sydney?

say i deffinetly wanted it, but i wanted to pick it up, and wouldnt be able to get up there for another 3 weeks, would u hold it till then?

i did have a plan to get do a turb conversion on a ze and stick it in a ae92. but after looking at simons ta22 that sold today, i must get one...

tah mate,
jason

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2005 05:29]

berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Sun, 19 June 2005 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it runs its like 380 bucks to sydney
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
icon10.gif  Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Mon, 20 June 2005 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM Sent.
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Fri, 24 June 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C'mon people, the missus has put her foot down and has told me it must be sold.

The price is more neg for interstate buyers (as the personalised plates cannot be used )
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Tue, 05 July 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well its come down to the crunch, if this does not sell then I'm up the creek. I have to sell it or the liquidators will take it ( due to finanical reason's as of this week). I will take the seats out ( not selling them separately, If I take them out I will keep them), and no personalised plates. Come and get it, as is with other bits thrown in. I'm serious if it doesnt sell it most probably go to waste.

This car owes me over 5 times that.

**** $6500.00 no seats and plates.****
or
Offers ???

[Updated on: Tue, 05 July 2005 11:59]

lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Wed, 06 July 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just curious if its just going to get wasted neway why such a high price?? like as i have noticed ppl rnt going to pay the 6500-7500 that u had on it. with a lower price u might get a few more bites. like my car is fully rw and registerd til march next year and there is no way that i will be able sell it for more then $2000.

just my 2 cents, its not worth much i know but im just trying to keep the car out of the crusher. and if u really must "hide it sumwhere" my house has an empty garage that u can park it in and just say u sold it.

laterdays
TRD78
Regular

March 2003
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes mate ur car might well be fully roadworthy and registered but u can't really put it in the same category as this car that's had this amount of work done to it, trust me i also own a TA that owes me over $20K and altho u'll obviously never see ur money again, it's not gonna sell for $2000!!!

So u gonna be parting with the personalised plates now? what are they?
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not sayin he should sell it for $2 but like just come down a lil bit. like i would hate to see another car go to the crusher.

good luck with the sale
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now let me see.... here is a brief breakdown of what has been spent on the car.

New sills and repainting the whole car in excess of $2500

Engine and front cut $2200 ( approx )

Fitting the engine and getting it running $1000 or there abouts

Intercooler and piping $ 1700 odd

Engineer to certify the car $ 200 ( that is just to look at it and attach a small aluminium plate with rivets )

Exhaust ( remember this is a 3" with a 2mm wall ) anywhere from $1000 - $1700 depending on what muffler you want fitted.

Seats and mod plate $ 800 odd

Clutch $ 1500 ( Completely custom )

Alarm system with central locking and wired into the timer $ 700

And don't get me started on the cost of dyno tuning, the initial cost of buying the shell to start with, the custom forged pistons, the new carpet, retrimmed back seat and all the other stuff that comes with it.

Just a quick add up ( at the most ) your looking at $9800

What I'm asking is quite cheap for a car that does 13's over the standard 1/4 mile.

Yes Im prepared to make a loss on this car.. but I'm not going to let it go for a song just because some kid thinks its a good looking car but doesn't have enough cash. Hell will freeze over before this car will go to the crusher.. But I need to get it gone and fast.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im not sayin u spent nuthin on it. i have receipts for well ova 16k for mine and i dont even have a turbo engine yet, i dont have an alarm or imobiliser,

the problems i see with your list are as follows, this is just my opinion so i dont care if u just ignore it.

- the rust repair, to tell the truth who pays for it nemore.
- paint , like $200 for paint and $100 for primer filler
- the front cut, why did y spend 2200 on a front cut???
- installation, why didnt u do the work yourself??
- 13 seconds ?? how is this a 13 second car?? if this is a 13 second car i would luv to see wat mine does.

to me it looks like u just go around with your car and just say to ppl fix this and this. like yer mayb u have a job so u can afford this but y wouldnt u work on a classic car yourself???

laterdays

end of rant

[Updated on: Thu, 07 July 2005 12:20]

croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13 seconds is quite easy considering that the last time the car was dyno'd it made 125 RWKW or 167.63 Hp ( and over 90% of that power was made within one column of the dynograph), apply that to how much these cars don't weigh and you have a potent package. Since then the car has been has been re tuned and spools alot earlier.

The prices are what I was quoted on earlier this week, and the reason why I did not do all the work myself is that at the time I was working over 12 hour days and 2 jobs. I barely had time to enjoy the car on a social level let alone do the work myself.

End of me justifying the price of my car.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 12:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok sounds fair

good luck with the sale

laterdays
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lilcrash wrote on Thu, 07 July 2005 22:18

- the rust repair, to tell the truth who pays for it nemore.

Next time my sills are rusting out dude, I'll come see you, seeing I don't have to pay for it! Shocked

- paint , like $200 for paint and $100 for primer filler

You should start your own shop... and offer $300 paint jobs and free rust repair. You'll rake in the money in no time.

- the front cut, why did y spend 2200 on a front cut???

Um... it's a 3TGTE. If you can find anyone who has a front cut and is WILLING to let it go for under 2K these days, show me the way.

He's a lazy sod... Leave him alone Smile

Sorry dude....
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Fri, 08 July 2005 03:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im guessing your the guy who has the silver ra28 formally known to me as bens celica.

and i will do any work u need done for a small fee of $10 per hour cash in hand.

laterdays
KiRK
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Fri, 08 July 2005 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice... Surprised

Yep, that's the old beast...
Sorry for the smart ars comments... but I just woke up.
lilcrash
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Fri, 08 July 2005 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont care wat ppl say im me so u dont like it u can f**k off.

and by doin any work i mean i will do yard work, clean roofs nethin u want done.

laterdays
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Sat, 09 July 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message

He's a lazy sod... Leave him alone Smile

Sorry dude....[/quote]

DUDE !!!!! Thats harsh..

Does your mother know what your doing on the internet ???

Very Happy
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Fri, 22 July 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
$5000 ?????

Its still here for the time being and really has to go...
Powderfinger
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Wed, 27 July 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm'd
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Thu, 08 September 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if I dont get anyone GENUINELY interested in this car I'm also looking at taking out the engine, ecu and all the other bits and replacing them with a 18rgu ( twin carb ), and sell my drive car and drive this car again. Anyone out there who wants to swap a good condition engine and some cash for the 3t???

Just getting a feel of the idea. Dont go bezerk just yet.
rosey
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** Thu, 08 September 2005 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OH Cruizer you have come back at a good time (just a little early though)I'll be coming over to take a look very soon. My only problem is I'm waiting for money from my house settlement, any time up to 6 weeks hopefully earlier...
cheers Rosey !
Wink
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Tue, 13 September 2005 01:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes Im back. I have moved house and am still waiting on my dsl connection to be done *coff* fuggin telstra * coff coff *.

o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Tue, 13 September 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats quite a bit of car for $5k. good workshop rust repairs arent like average backyard jobs, they last... the proof is under the paint on my car... i did the third rust repair. The first is in good cond... second is waht prompted me to do the third. I wouldnt use $200 paint on a datsun 120Y!! good paint is worth the extra... and sumone who can spray in a booth, no bugs or dust, and bake the paint is worth money. It could be done in a backyard... but not as well as what has been done here. good luck with the sale and free bump.

Cheers, Owen
BAD_22
Regular

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Tue, 13 September 2005 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
regardless whether it is a 13 sec car or not, its 32 years old. It has no rust and has an engine that will start first time everytime. You cant buy an original condition celica these days for less than what he's asking. Whoever knocks his price can go to hell. Try this website instead: www.thewiggles.com

Peace Out Razz
shelldrake
Regular

May 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Wed, 14 September 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent.
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Tue, 06 December 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok the story so far... Yes a few have come to see the car, alas no buyers. I want to sell this car so I can buy my fathers old car from his estate. Any genuine enquiries please get back to me.
The Untouchable
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Tue, 06 December 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pm sent
BigWillieStyles
Regular

October 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Tue, 06 December 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice ta22, pity u arent in vic, its exactly what im after!

Got any pics of the car standing back and off the whole car?

Any chance this car would make it down to vic if i were to drive it?
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: **** FS: TA22 Celica 3TGTEU **** PRICE DROP !!!!!! Tue, 06 December 2005 13:47 Go to previous message
Truly.. I wouldnt drive it to victoria.. It would be cheaper to put it on a transporter or put it on a trailer. I used to drive the car every day to and from work and where ever without any major problems. Its not registered and would need to be for you to drive it and I dont have the time to get that organised.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MR2 1990 SW20 TARGA TOP FOR SALE
Next Topic:92 V8 Limited soarer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 16:23:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0078518390655518 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.