Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AlexT
Occasional Poster

August 2004
NRMA Comprehensive Policy Wording Tue, 14 June 2005 11:00 Go to next message
Reading the NRMA "Product Disclosure Statement and Policy Booklet" today this got my attention:

Quote:

We may refuse a claim, cancel this policy, or do both if at the time of the incident

• your vehicle was being used or was attached to a vehicle being used for events relating to a motor vehicle club, bash, or charity event, unless
    you have told us your vehicle will be used for any of these purposes and we have agreed to cover it

Thinking "Surely not..." I called NRMA and asked them to explain the meaning of the clause.

They assured me it does not refer to events such as ToyMods cruises.

However they did not give me any concrete examples of what it does apply to.

The phrase "events relating to a motor vehicle club" could be applied to a lot of scenarios, and despite the assurances it still makes me feel uncomfortable. Confused
  Send a private message to this user    
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: NRMA Comprehensive Policy Wording Tue, 14 June 2005 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"events relating to a motor vehicle club" sounds like track days to me
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: NRMA Comprehensive Policy Wording Tue, 14 June 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id be pissed if i went in a charity cruise to raise money had a small spill and didnt get a pay out because of that Mad
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: NRMA Comprehensive Policy Wording Tue, 14 June 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
do a search .. do u remember that fast fours cruise where these fuckers parked on the emergency lane off the F1 ... if an accident happened there (and i think it DID!), im guessing this clause would come into play
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: NRMA Comprehensive Policy Wording Tue, 14 June 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in theory, any event organised by a club should have insurance coverage...

for instance, the TCC Qld mob met up at a nearby Toyota dealership to drive up en-masse to the All Toyota Day event - point was mentioned that it was an official club event (mentioned in club newsletter) and if someone got hurt while were organising at motorama or pulling into the event site, the club could have got sued.

Driving on the road was probably covered by our own insurance (and the statutory CTP) unless an accident occured that was directly related to us all driving in single file up the road as agreed minutes earlier.

One potential reading of the NRMA policy is that having a prang while towing your drag car to the track for an official competitive event (e.g. not test-n-tune) might void the policy or be excluded as a covered 'event'.

When i was helping change tyres at the recent ARC/QRC rally at Imbil, the moment we set foot inside the service park, any claim to insurance coverage was lost (courtesy of the rally signup- if we had signed up wilbo's car as a service car, the moment we left the hotel carpark to drive up to Imbil, there would have been no insurance coverage (except for statutory CTP) on his car (if it was insured).

insurance sucks ;(
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: NRMA Comprehensive Policy Wording Tue, 14 June 2005 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thechuckster wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 22:34

insurance sucks ;(

soo true.
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: NRMA Comprehensive Policy Wording Fri, 17 June 2005 08:47 Go to previous message
NRMA always use to pay out ppl easy compared to other insurance companies. not sure how they are now after the demutualisation.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cheap bits in melb
Next Topic:Celica shop
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 17 18:23:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054981708526611 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.