Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
3tgte forged pistons Mon, 13 June 2005 13:40 Go to next message
so i am planing on having a ct26 turbo on my 3tgte and it seems forged pistons are mandatory. iv searched and found some info already, any prices and information would be appreciated though.
  Send a private message to this user    
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 3tgte forged pistons Tue, 14 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nope, not mandatory, but definately recommended for a modified 3TGTE. Good EFI management is far more crucial with mods than forged pistons though, have you alread upgraded to an aftermarket ECU? With good tuning (ie: NO Detonation), reasonable power can be extracted on stock pistons.

My ROSS forgies were purchased years ago from A.P.E.P in victoria for around $1300 with rings from memory. Yellorolla will have some good advise on suppliers though. You'll probably find some recent info in previous posts.

Cheers
Phil
styler
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: 3tgte forged pistons Tue, 14 June 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how about these :

http://wiseco.com/PDFcatalogs/SC05_toyota.pdf
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 3tgte forged pistons Tue, 14 June 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have problems downloading pdf's for some reason. If they are the 87mm Wiseco flat tops with ceramic coated skirts, then they seem like a good item (I have used a few sets of these in different projects, and IF you are interested I can get you a price on the Wiseco's). Using those pistons does add to the cost of your engine build because you need to have your rods modified to suit the full floating pins, and your machinist will charge more for taking the engine out 2mm.

I have SPS custom items in my engine - I have posted their details on a number of occasions. SPS offered very good and quick service.
Landmax
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: 3tgte forged pistons Tue, 14 June 2005 20:50 Go to previous message
I'm currently using wiseco pistons on mine bored out to 2.0 liters w/ct26. I rand this setup with stock inj./ecu and no Intercoler with 15psi and 91 octane fuel and was fine. There was no pinging and ran 13.6 in 1/4mile on a TE37.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4A-GE where???
Next Topic:Celica ST184 piping...?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 08:53:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058650970458984 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.