Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » help needed with Windscreen!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
missa
Occasional Poster

May 2005
icon5.gif  help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 07:42 Go to next message
This may seem like a stupid question, but being a female who doesnt know much about cars, i was wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of the fog marks on the windscreen, but they're on the outside of the window.(not sure if that makes sense)

i was told to use metho, and i did, twice, but that didnt help, any other sugestions?

Thanks! Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Try metho and water or some good old windex maybe.
Not real sure how fog would leave marks on the glass but.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
windex Very Happy
missa
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've tryed the kitten glass cleaner, heaps of times, that hasnt helped either.

i guess it looks sort of like hundreds of water marks, but when its cold it goes all foggy and the only way to see out of the windscreen it to turn the wipers on flat out. and when it rains and you turn the wipers on the water just smudges, but its not the wiperblades because i replaced them 3 months ago.

i've been told it might be oil on the window?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give it a really thorough clean with a good soap/windex (not diluted), then thouroughyl rinse, and then use rain-X on the outside and fog-X on the inside.. i was doubtful but the stuff works... at least for a few weeks..

are there any cracks in the windscreen? could it be moisture between the glass layers?
Cya, Stewart
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe you've got some rubber reviver (e.g. armourall) on the glass?

maybe a stronger solvent or h/duty degreaser (or if you're brave, paint thinner applied and rubbed off with a cloth only).

Her ute came with silicon spray (from making the engine bay look schmick) all over the windscreen - it was a turd to remove.

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 08:24]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh true.. does water 'bead' when it runs over the foggy areas?
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 08:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is my g/f's car and its a pain in the ass.

The window has all these spots on it when you put on the wipers and it smears the water across the windscreen, it looks like years of road oil, the previous owner hadnt washed the car for months on end.

there is no beading...
missa
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there used to be rainX on the window, i thought maybe that could have caused the problem, maybe it was put on wrong, dunno, but theres no cracks, the water doesnt bead when it runs over the foggy parts, and im pretty sure theres no armourall on it.

i'll give all those sugestions a try over the weekend, see if anything helps. outherwise i'll be stuck with an annoying window!!
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: help needed with Windscreen! Fri, 10 June 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rain X over a dirty window can be a result of such unreadiness you are experiencing. hmmmmm
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: help needed with Windscreen! Sun, 12 June 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Prepsol/wax and grease remover.
One rag for wiping on. One rag for wiping off. It might take a couple of times to get it all off, and a bit of elbow grease with the wet rag to loosen it all off.

That would be what I'd try. And once you do get it off, replace the wiper blades, chances are they'll have grease on them too.
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: help needed with Windscreen! Sun, 12 June 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got petrol and scrubbed the window down 3 times and applied windex after each go. Gave the wipers a soak as well it rained 10 min later and took it out and its great!!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: help needed with Windscreen! Sun, 12 June 2005 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was gonna say rub undiluted liquid washing detergent on there, but if petrol works, and your not scared of setting your car on fire, sounds good.

i guess 2 fast 2 furious did come in handy?

Razz

Eldar.O.
missa
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: help needed with Windscreen! Wed, 15 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sad some of the spots are coming back, no where near as many though, maybe i need another go with the petrol
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: help needed with Windscreen! Wed, 15 June 2005 01:58 Go to previous message
just.... don't smoke while you do it

No No No
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ATTN RA40 owners
Next Topic:stock wheels?
Goto Forum: