Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 01:52 Go to next message
How is the digital dash in the soarer illuminated? I'm just asking because I won't pull it apart if it can't be done, but I was wondering if it's possible for me to make the digital dash appear illuminated in BLUE as opposed to green.

Or if anyone has tried to change the colour of the digidash before?

Cheers
James

PS: I searched. Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have seen it done in z30 soarers but not z20.
Danners
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think the only way that this could be done is to put a clear blue overlay on top of it

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go red, that would look hot Very Happy
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Danners wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 12:00

I think the only way that this could be done is to put a clear blue overlay on top of it

not a bad idea, i'll buy some cellophane and try it out

lol what a ghetto solution Laughing

but yeah i've seen this done on the new jzz30 and uzz30 soarers but was wondering if it could be done with these too.

maiku
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 02:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 02:56]

maiku
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
r u talking dout the actual numbers or the backlight
led's u most likely have to re solder with the desired colour
if deyr globes dan u can get coloured plastic caps form either autobarn or jaycar electronics, or get the coloured globe condomes from autobarn

the third option is to just go for couloured globes

u will however most likely have to remove the dash to get to the lights

iv also found this
http://www.importscene.com.au/prod350.htm
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just incase no one knew the dash is actually projected from above look above the actaul dash inside the dash housing and u will see its actually a mirror image that we see in the dash maybe try sticking some cellophane on the actual projection
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indian wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 13:52

just incase no one knew the dash is actually projected from above look above the actaul dash inside the dash housing and u will see its actually a mirror image that we see in the dash maybe try sticking some cellophane on the actual projection

That's what I was going to do

but it's still ghetto Razz

Shame i cant remove that digital panel, and reflect it up onto the windscreen

huzzah, it would be like flying a fighter jet
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 13:56

indian wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 13:52

That's what I was going to do

but it's still ghetto Razz

Shame i cant remove that digital panel, and reflect it up onto the windscreen

huzzah, it would be like flying a fighter jet

yeah and the cops are gonna arse raaape you lolllllll

btw soem of the silvias actually had the speedo projected on the side of the windscreen but the windscreen was some special shitee and cost a fortune to replace
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate's S13 K's has that... its just a small projection of the speed up on the windscreen. not a special windscreen, just a tiny little lcd projection reflection. perhaps it had a sticker thing on there to make the area darker where the reflection is, not sure... but as far as i know its a normal windscreen.

He didnt seem to pissed when his windscreen cracked cause his suspension is too stiff, so meh
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i thought they had something special in the screen so that the reading would show properly

anyway never mind ,

i rember seeing somewhere the soarer dash being converted to purple cost 150 bucks to do and a day to be done the guy is in queenbeyan s.a
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 12:03

He didnt seem to pissed when his windscreen cracked cause his suspension is too stiff, so meh

There is a square of special tinted stuff for the HUD, which most likely wasn't on the replacement screen. It still works fine without it, just not quite as visible.
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 14:14

Merudo wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 12:03

There is a square of special tinted stuff for the HUD, which most likely wasn't on the replacement screen. It still works fine without it, just not quite as visible.

bahaaaaaaaaa OWNED kinda

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 04:16]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have been working on HUD displays for a while (well designing one for me. I am wanting to put a row of lights as a digital boost gauge on the windscreen. You need the little reflective bit or else you get 2 reflections back. one from the inside of the glass and one from the outside. so you get a blurred display.

Are HUD's illegal???
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ndgcpr wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 13:36

Are HUD's illegal???

Not that I know of. there may be some guidelines for them, but some Nissan Bluebirds came with them from factory, as do some new Mercs, so there can't be a blanket rule against them.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My old U13 SSS Bluebird had a HUD, it was excellent, I loved it.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what did the hud display?

I need a videogame style one, NFSU style. with my speed and rpm down the bottom right, a map up the top (GPS, of course) and my position in the bottom left
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speed, turn signals, door and engine check.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Changing *Z20 Soarer Digital Dash colour Wed, 15 June 2005 09:15 Go to previous message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 16:09

what did the hud display?

I need a videogame style one, NFSU style. with my speed and rpm down the bottom right, a map up the top (GPS, of course) and my position in the bottom left

lol for sure. and it needs to display the nos level as well.

anyone know what can be used as the reflective bit. it just needs to prevent a second display from showing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Internaly adjustable sway bars
Next Topic:dodgy 4A-C in corolla
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 06:30:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053780078887939 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.