Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
skit
Regular

November 2004
4a-ge/gze injector flow rates/ Fuel pressure Wed, 15 June 2005 07:00
Hi,

OK, so the thinking caps are out in preperation for a new engine (an NA high comp 4a-ge, by the way).

I haven't had much time at work to search (no internet at home), but i'm not sure if this has been covered anyway.

We have 86kw bigport injectors (apparently rated 182cc/min) and ae101 gze injectors (365cc/min). I suspect that the smaller injectors will be insufficient, and would prefer to use the larger ones given the advantage of higher flow rates possible for a given pulse length at high rpm (for a sequential injection configuration).

At what fuel pressure are these quoted flow rates tested at? Has anyone here had these injectors flow tested at various fuel pressures who can forward me some results? We have not yet taken our injectors to get cleaned & balanced, but I would like a baseline to compare to.

Further, it is my understanding that standard 4a-ge/gze motors use manifold pressure referenced fuel pressure regulators - could someone please verify if this is true? With respect to determining whether or not we can use a stock referenced regulator (versus a fixed pressure adjustable regulator) with long duration cams and isolated runner manifold, has anyone come across any info (graphical or similar) of regulator pressure vs manifold vacuum for any 4a-ge/gze motors?

Regards,
Scott
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1JZ Cressida O/D Light Flashing, other problems
Next Topic:Disabling TVIS
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 11 12:24:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0039219856262207 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.