Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 04:43 Go to next message
OK, I've got a question for all the people out in the world who have converted the 4AGZE to 4AGTE.
I'm interested to know who has done what to what and how it affected the motor.
For instance, Mr X had a bigport GZE and used a RWD GE maifold with a WRX turbo and mircotech and got, say 145rwkw. It comes on boost an X rpm and is running XXpsi. great round town, perfect for track etc etc
I would like anybody who has done this conversion to post up

what Turbo.
What mainfold.
What computer.
What you started with,(eg afm or map)
Rebuilt or not.
What rwkw your getting
why you chose to do it that way.
any other specs that might be interesting.
and the plus and minus sides of the conversion,

As there are so many ways to go and i have now idea how to go about it, Personally i'm not into drag, more track/drift/hill climb. But any info from anybody on the GTE will be great help
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, i'm somewhat similar to Mr X:

bigport GZE (stock internals - AFM model)
RWD bigport mani
late S14 ball bearing T28 with modified actuater
custom mid mount turbo mani
2/1/2 stainless piping/zorst
VR4 cooler

i haven't dynoed it but i'd expect around 130rw/kw - and thats with no tune, and all DIY work at home.

I took it out to the track last week to drift and boy was i happy/impressed with the difference, perfect power and response, and smooth.

plus and minus? well i can only give you pluses in the performance/efficiency side, but only downfalls i can thnk of are shorter clutch lives, driveline issues etc - but thats the price u pay Wink

do eeet Smile

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks ae86slaver, diff and box i know aren't the best in the world, but it does depend on your driving and how much you abuse it, i'm more interested in the motor side of thins for now, i'm hopeing to make similar power still charged, but as mentioned, still un tuned, keep me posted when you get it dyno'd i'd like to see what it's getting.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 06:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Turbo: T28 0.48A/R Exhaust housing (the baby T28)
Manifold: Custom made in steam pipe
What computer: MTX-8
Engine base: 4AGZE, AFM, big port
Rebuilt or not: Not
What rwkw your getting: Repeatedly makes around 165 - 170rwkw (on 17 - 18 psi) on various dynos around the place.

Any other specs that might be interesting: 2.5" exhaust, runs 12.8 seconds over the 1/4, full boost comes on nice and early ~3000rpm, my driveline is well and truly up to the task Very Happy

and the plus and minus sides of the conversion

Plus: nice and quick, easily driveable street car, good on fuel.

Minus: makes my other car feel dreadfully slow, has set a high benchmark for future vehicle mods and purchases.

Edit: Less time asking questions more time fitting turbos Justin Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 06:05]

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more time asking questions so i can fit the right turbo!

I'm still in a pickel, i have a big port head from my first engine, a small port on the new one, the new one's a map and the oil one's afm, i got plenty of options with that, and then there is inlet, exhaust, turbo, managment.

I figure i might go ask Jake, tell him what i got and what i want and work from there.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Build a big power small port to prove the critics wrong.

NB the small port ports are not that small
MR. 2
Forums Junkie

July 2002
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a turbo is like the question do you want a 20v or a ze? ze straight line 20v circuit

so if you want shit loads of power go for a big turbo, other wise if you want a track car then smaller turbo wrx s15-t28 even a ct 26 that has been high flowed. its a very hard question to answer with out telling us what you want the car for!
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SprinterBoy wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 14:43

Personally i'm not into drag, more track/drift/hill climb.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 06:42]

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Justin just wants a turbo that will:

be perfect for the track and drifting
be perfect for drags
have no lag
be able to win dyno comps
be able to make 40psi
make that foooly sick VL turbo flutter so many people on this forum want Rolling Eyes
only costs $200
and is readily available on the second hand market Very Happy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tee tlwentee ehhighto
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AFM Bigport Twin Coil GZE
TD05H-16g turbo (ex-early model wrx)
3inch exhaust and twinpipe dump
Big intercooler 16psi
Not Rebuilt
AFM Gze management
Power: Undyno'd (will have graph next week!)

With a washer T peice for a bleeder, it hits full boost around 5-6k. So it's not a really good setup for drift. This is because of the big exhaust housing on the turbo. I've got a gated boost controller here to go on, that should make it come on a little earlier.

If you pull a td05 from a mitsu vr4 or evo they have a smaller exhaust housing and come on sooner.

AE86Boy
Regular

July 2003
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gze block
big port head
Built (allegedly)
Gt28
gt spec fmic
apexi Boost controller
3" turbo back straight thru Exhaust
microtech mtx8

dynoed at 14psi...145rwkw
goes great.... breaks diffs... pisses me off
nuff said
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heres my current ghetto 4agte specs. Smile

stock 7 rib 9.4:1 c/r 4age, rebuilt it in my laundry with a thicker HG set-up.
bigport head.
home made log style steam pipe manifold.
T25 .49 a/r ex, .48 a/r comp.
st205 gt4 w2a i/c core, a/c condensor heat exchanger (soon to be replaced for a aluminium one), DC booster pump.
AFM 4agze ECU, injectors etc.
2.5" dump and ex pipe, 3" stainless straight through luckey muffler.
spools ~2700rpm, 12psi by ~3900rpm to redline.
think thats about it.

only been on a dyno when i was running 7psi got 142 rwhp (103 rwkw?), been running 12psi for nearly the last 2 years now, though havnt had it on dyno at 12.

plus: i like the way it goes on the street and hi-way.
minus: factory ECU, cant tune.

fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what Turbo: Started as a s15gt28, custom made from there.
What mainfold: custom made equal length runners 4 into 1
What computer: Autronic sm2
What you started with: afm aw11 gze
Rebuilt or not: yes
What rwkw your getting: 205.8rwkw
why you chose to do it that way: cause i wanted big power
any other specs that might be interesting: Depends on what you call interesting...
and the plus and minus sides of the conversion: No negatives. Just positives! Very Happy

EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Wed, 15 June 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im running a moddifed CT26 from a 7M with unknown specs.

pros: huuuuuge power.

cons: by the time boost comes you forgot what you were doing then get the shock of your life Wink

if i did it again id definately go a smaller turbo, mainly cause i drive the thing daily.
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Thu, 16 June 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers for all the feed back, giving me a few ideas on who's done what and what direction to go. sounds like alot of custom stuff will be needed, gonna have to save the pennys.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Thu, 16 June 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:SprinterBoy

sounds like alot of custom stuff will be needed, gonna have to save the penis.

Laughing

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 02:54]

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Thu, 16 June 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice, couldn't resist could ya, Rolling Eyes

maybe i'll put, "Save the cash" next time
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Thu, 16 June 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry Embarassed

Slow day at work, you know, with the rain and all.

Quote:

maybe i'll put, "Save the cash" next time

Yeah that is less likely to be misquoted Wink

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 03:02]

SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Thu, 16 June 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ha, i got yesterday and today off, lucky me!!! but i gotta work all weekend. How's the wagon coming along. I've seen it out a few times, must go fair hard
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Thu, 16 June 2005 03:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

How's the wagon coming along. I've seen it out a few times, must go fair hard

Wagon was finished, driven a bit and sold to make way for a VERY quick Toyota project car Evil or Very Mad

Wagon ran a best of 12.6 or 12.7 (can't remember??) at WSID. The new owner has plans for more power and quicker times.
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Thu, 16 June 2005 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had a quick look at it at the nats as it flew past me, sounded real nice, so i'm guessing the new project is very hush hush, all i want to know, Is it another rolla?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Thu, 16 June 2005 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah not particularly hush hush, but a few purists on here may not agree with the power plant.

It is another corolla and it's the oldest one we've played with yet Wink
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Sat, 18 June 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

even a ct 26 that has been high flowed

Having been down that road, all I can say is don't do it!!! Response is absolutely shithouse Confused Although it does seem super fast cause you boot the accelerator, wait.... wait some more... then crap yourself when it suddenly screams onto boost after 4k & pins you in the seat Evil or Very Mad

Does nothing useful as a street car. The pick of the bunch for an all round performer would have to be the ball bearing T28 (a.k.a nissan S15 silvia turbo). Great response, and the potential for near 200rwkw figures.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Sat, 18 June 2005 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
D1 SPEC is getting 250 rwhp running arias forged pistons and a whole lot of other gadgets.

the enge has had ALOT spent on it.

Eldar.O.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Sat, 18 June 2005 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Sun, 19 June 2005 00:38

Quote:

even a ct 26 that has been high flowed

Having been down that road, all I can say is don't do it!!! Response is absolutely shithouse Confused Although it does seem super fast cause you boot the accelerator, wait.... wait some more... then crap yourself when it suddenly screams onto boost after 4k & pins you in the seat Evil or Very Mad

Does nothing useful as a street car. The pick of the bunch for an all round performer would have to be the ball bearing T28 (a.k.a nissan S15 silvia turbo). Great response, and the potential for near 200rwkw figures.

gt2535 is your answer
ROLLA GTi
Regular

September 2003
Re: 4AGZE to 4AGTE. Whats the best part of your turbo conversion? Sat, 18 June 2005 17:24 Go to previous message
What Turbo. - GT2535 (its a T25 rebuilt to be a GT2535)

What mainfold. - Custom

What computer. - Microtech LTX-8

What you started with,(eg afm or map)

Rebuilt or not. - Rebuilt to standard GZE bottom end, bigport head and cams

What rwkw your getting - 150rwkw @ 11psi (will be retuned shortly after 4AG Alternator and pulley setup)

why you chose to do it that way. - bought it as is, but seems decent to me Smile

any other specs that might be interesting. - Nothing out of the oridinary

and the plus and minus sides of the conversion - + is its fast - is standard driveline is weak (T50 and S Open Diff)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ke55 boot installs pics needed
Next Topic:Check out the last car on the last page...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 13:53:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0077219009399414 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.