Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 07:17 Go to next message
This is off my Sprinter.. the guy i bought it of said something bout a GTiR turbo... so im thinking T25??? its a fair size.. "see pic attached"

Also. Im yet to get it tuned with a microtech "the whole engine" anyways.. its boosting something gay like 4psi.. because the ecu is for a superchrager?? and i have a turbo on there.. i dont wanna use a bleed valve cause im afraid it might fark something up. Is this the case.. Also.. because its on like 4psi.. all the way down the highway.. it like stay "on boost" which makes the turbo glow fkn RED AS... after like a 10min drive.. is this like Wastegate creep or what not?

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW its on a 4agze

http://users.tpg.com.au/abalheld/000_0452.jpg
http://users.tpg.com.au/abalheld/000_0453.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone...
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, 40 minutes when most of use are relaxing after work is a bit much of an ask!
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its a gtir turbo it should be a t28.
i dont know how you manage to keep it on boost the whole time down the highway...are you driving flat out or something
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
na man doing about 110, no idea w its always on boos, thats what im trying to find out
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
perhaps is an ex SR20-DET turbo?

something from an RB20 looks like this:
<http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/RA40_rebuild _thread/big_worm_rb20_turbo.jpg>
and this
<http://www.mkhala.com.au/thechuckster/RA40_rebuild _thread/t25_on_manifold.jpg>

Glowing turbo/manifold while on cruise (from my experience) is a combination of running rich and (most importantly) timing being retarded way too much.

Combustion is still occuring when zorst valves open so you get incredibly high/hot gas in the manifold (hence the boost while trying to cruise) and as a result the turbine housing gets uber hot despite the fact that you're trying not to boost.

wastegate creep would be a lack of boost when trying to boost.

Before you destroy the bearing, turbine and zorst valves you might want to stop and re-check things.

swordfish69
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like a T28 to me...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
all the sr20 t28's ive seen have 2 bolt flange type snout and look nothing like that however that is the late model s14 type. It looks like it could be a skyline turbo
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most likely a T28.. later model SR20 (S14 upwards) had T28's GTR R32 also had T28
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 10:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks very much like an r32 skyline turbo for sale on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a mp;category=72478&item=4555881289&rd=1& ;ssPageName=WDVW
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: what turbo is this Wed, 15 June 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
series 1 rb20 turbo
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: what turbo is this Thu, 16 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for all your help
some dude came to look at my wrecked ford lazer and said that its prbablt gettting way to muc oxegen and tahts y its glowing red.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: what turbo is this Thu, 16 June 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's getting too much oxygen u could try carbon dioxide injection. It's like having a nitrous bottle in the boot but filled with CO2 instead.
setsuna
Forums Junkie

July 2004

Re: what turbo is this Thu, 16 June 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh I heard about direct oxide injection.
I think my mates brother's friend was looking into getting this for his car, not sure if he has it installed yet or not... Smile
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: what turbo is this Thu, 16 June 2005 10:27 Go to previous message
Maybe you could try breathing some of this oxygen yourself, might tidy up your spelling Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FIlters for trumpets
Next Topic:RA65 water leaks!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 09:37:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005958080291748 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.