Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
rego information needed ae86 Wed, 15 June 2005 11:46 Go to next message
Hey all,
My I went for my pinkslip today as you usually do...however I was suprised my car didnt pass as my car is in immaculate condition and all...minus the excessive wear on the ends of the steering rack.

I am just asking how much would this normally cost to fix? Was quoted 400 which I thought was a bit steep

Also I am able to go to another pinkslip place and get my car passed by a differenct person or do I need to get this problem fixed?

All information is appreciated
regards

Send a private message to this user    
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: rego information needed ae86 Wed, 15 June 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you have excessive wear in the steering rack, I would get it fixed asap...

You could stuff around with the tierods but you'd be better off getting a reco rack... Should be around $150 for the rack and then have to install...
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: rego information needed ae86 Wed, 15 June 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get another rack in decent conditition, then whcak it in urself, it isnt hard.

YES, if they have failed you then u must get that problem fixed b4 u can get rego, as the RTA knows all....
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: rego information needed ae86 Wed, 15 June 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you did the inspection did the guy give you a white slip instead of the pink? if so, you are obliged to get that problem fixed so the same workshop can issue you with that pink slip. if you decide to go to another workshop to get a pink slip and that workshop issues you with a pink slip, then the RTA will most defineately chase the issue with you and the workshop that issued th pink slip. the pink slip will still be in the 1st workshop book when he hands it into the RTA with the faults written on it.

just fix the prob and get it re-inspected by the same workshop and all will be good. Very Happy

Karl
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: rego information needed ae86 Wed, 15 June 2005 13:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Getting another rack is your best bet for sure.
But if you know of what part is definately worn, i know you can get new rack ends and tie rod ends for around $40 each, i bought some no too long ago from autobarn.

Cheers
Shtock
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: rego information needed ae86 Wed, 15 June 2005 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh thanks alot guys for the information!

Wow 40 bucks for tie rods and rack ends... thats heaps cheap...

Well I thought that in the end if he defected me my car is unsafe and theirfore i dont wanna die not fixing this up... so I am getting fixed right now though.. was quoted 350 for rack ends and tie rods installed...

They gave me a white paper back saying I failed due to rack ends..Ill hopefully get my car back today and get my pink slip from the same guy.

Once again thanks for the information
Regards
Eddy
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: rego information needed ae86 Thu, 16 June 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take u 10-30min to change each side and then wheel alignment $30-50
its actually $28 per inner rack end, and i am not sure about tie rod.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: rego information needed ae86 Thu, 16 June 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bah, tie rods for free at pick n payless Rolling Eyes
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: rego information needed ae86 Thu, 16 June 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pocket price? Laughing
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: rego information needed ae86 Thu, 16 June 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or you could get longer offset adjustable ones and cost you $550 for inner and outer ties

http://www.rodmillenstore.com/prodinfo.aspx?partID =XUE0044

http://www.rodmillenstore.com/prodinfo.aspx?partID =XUU0044

Shocked
Ko Ko
Regular

May 2003
Re: rego information needed ae86 Thu, 16 June 2005 11:21 Go to previous message
They are nice products but thats a bit steep 550 US dollars for those prices.. In guess you could get custom made ones in here for less.. however thanks for the alternatives
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:How do i search for the cars available on jspec?
Next Topic:Did anyone see the v8's today?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 27 07:42:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.041287899017334 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.