Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Did anyone see the v8's today?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Did anyone see the v8's today? Sun, 12 June 2005 14:03 Go to next message
I was watching a bit of the v8's today around lunchtime and saw one of the Falcon's hit a drainage grating... The damage that grating caused was insane! It ripped the shit out of the floor and damaged the underside of the driver's seat. He's lucky to still have his nads judging by the damage. Apparently the grate also went straight through one of the roll cage tubes and damaged the diff housing. The gaping hole in the floor was like a meter long and 200mm wide in places.

I want to see pics... does anyone have a source for them? The v8 Supercar site is useless.

Normally I wouldn't care about the v8's but I do like seeing them get damaged. One of the Commodores got some awesome air when he hit a ditch in the gravel trap. That was cool too. Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: Did anyone see the v8's today? Sun, 12 June 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah fuk head scaife pushed russel off the track and didnt even get penalised where as when he pushed ambose off, ambose got penalised like 12 points
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Did anyone see the v8's today? Sun, 12 June 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i loved scaifes start

hahahaha

fucking noob
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Did anyone see the v8's today? Sun, 12 June 2005 23:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Mon, 13 June 2005 01:01

i loved scaifes start

hahahaha

fucking noob

please tell Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Did anyone see the v8's today? Mon, 13 June 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
he can't get the car off the line, its been his week link for years. 20VBTSECA, yes he pushed ingall off, but you need to under stand the rules that the race officials rule by and you'll find it was a legitamate pass because he was more than 50% up the inside of the car.
And its not like russell hasn't gotten off for multiple events in the past so i say he deserves some back. Him wonder where the nick name 'enforcer' came from.
Anyone see the racing between richards and skaife that was interesting sitting side by side thru a number of corners, with a couple scrubs and thats it.
The drainage system was nuts, so many cars came a croper with radiator failures after clipping shit on the track.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Did anyone see the v8's today? Mon, 13 June 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was good to see HRT back on top Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ...
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Did anyone see the v8's today? Mon, 13 June 2005 14:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So no-one's got pics or a vid link to the damage the drain grate caused? I wanted to show my Dad because he missed it and Sports Tonight didn't show it.
Major Clod
Regular

August 2003
Re: Did anyone see the v8's today? Thu, 16 June 2005 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 13 June 2005 10:04

he can't 20VBTSECA, yes he pushed ingall off, but you need to under stand the rules that the race officials rule by and you'll find it was a legitamate pass because he was more than 50% up the inside of the car.

Talking about the one in race 3?

As far as I could tell, they were coming to the corner leading into pit straight, Russell was in front and hit the brakes to take the corner. Skaife just kept going full throttle into the back of Ingall because he was wanting to go straight ahead into the pits instead of turn. He wasn't up the inside at all.

Granted it is a bad place to have a pit entry, but damn you be ready to hit the brakes when you don't know if the car in front is going to brake for the corner or continue for the pits.

But hey, its racing and you win some you lose some. All drivers have gotten away with stuff in the past.

That grating was insane, imagine what would happen if it had been an F1 that hit it!

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 06:40]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Did anyone see the v8's today? Thu, 16 June 2005 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=Major Clod wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 16:38
That grating was insane, imagine what would happen if it had been an F1 that hit it![/quote]
thats exactly what i said when watching the race
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Did anyone see the v8's today? Thu, 16 June 2005 09:11 Go to previous message
i need footage of the drain acco, my step dad needs it, he's the guy who builds the Larkham engines, so it was a bit fo a shock for him Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:rego information needed ae86
Next Topic:Help track down my car's previous owners - are they on Toymods?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 10:25:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059430599212646 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.