Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
retro
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Cold starting problems 100kw 4age Tue, 14 June 2005 09:36 Go to next message
In the morning when i try to start my car, it does not seem that the cold start injector is operating, it just starts and idel's low ...about 700 rpm.

Today it needed me to rest my foot on the pedal to get it to start, then it would idle low till it warmed up, should it idle at about 1200 - 1500 rpm till warm then gradually drop off when warm.

Any ideas welcome and thanks in advance. Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Cold starting problems 100kw 4age Tue, 14 June 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a quick check you could do is just unplug the cold start injector and see if it makes any difference.
retro
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Cold starting problems 100kw 4age Tue, 14 June 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the idea, i will try tomorrow morning, if it's not pissing down again Laughing
retro
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Cold starting problems 100kw 4age Thu, 16 June 2005 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
86LIFE
Regular

September 2004
Re: Cold starting problems 100kw 4age Thu, 16 June 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the same problem, mine is really hard to start in the mornings, always needs throttle pumpage, but it is fine once it gets going. could be the same thing, cold start injector??

where is said device located so i can unplug and see what happens.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Cold starting problems 100kw 4age Fri, 17 June 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pumping the thottle doesnt do anything on a fuel injected car.

cold start injector is on the plenum.
retro
Occasional Poster

September 2003
Re: Cold starting problems 100kw 4age Fri, 17 June 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah your symptoms are the same as mine, disconnected the cold start injector and there was no difference, so i assume there is a fault with it or the computer or a sensor which controls it, when its cold i have to just rest my foot on the throttle to start and then it is fine to idle and warm up on its own.
Anyone got any ideas what sensor to check or hoe to check it there is any output from the cold start injector plug on the loom, what do i have to lookfor, i have a good fluke multi meter to use, any help thanked in advance.
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Cold starting problems 100kw 4age Sat, 18 June 2005 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy a service manual and run a diagnosis on the computer.
mr2sc
Regular

January 2005
Re: Cold starting problems 100kw 4age Sat, 18 June 2005 09:09 Go to previous message
I heard that the cold start injector only fires fuel while cranking.I dont think the computer has any control over it. maybe a temp sensor could be faulty???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:100kw ECU running a 20v
Next Topic:4ac running rich
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 18:07:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0055699348449707 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.