Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Wed, 15 June 2005 14:30 Go to next message
Title: Speed Alarm/Chime

I have a speed chime unit here that was taken off my sprinter before i got it. I was just wondering how i should go about installing it back into the car?

I have a RWD JDM 4AGE, with entire loom and original dash so the plug/wires should be there somewhere

THANKS JoHnNy_K
  Send a private message to this user    
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Wed, 15 June 2005 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i just took mine off....

No pics unfortunately Sad

sorry dude
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Wed, 15 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these activate at 104km/h are u sure u want to install it?
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 01:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Any got one they don't need? I wouldn't mind installing one...
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah i went in a car that beeped over 105km and it gave me the total shits. I'd be wanting to rip it out, not install it Rolling Eyes

Each to their own though I guess!
Dirty_Sanchez
Regular

January 2004

Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
don't forget mate, if it happened in initial d, it's happening to a sprinter near you Laughing
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahahaha. Does the ID trueno even have one?

I want one for authenticity's sake, to make the car even more like the 20 year old shitbox it really is Very Happy
Dale_ta22
Regular

September 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It sure does, Itsuki is in amazement at hearing the chime so early when he rides with takumi for the first time Razz
b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i live in a place where theres quite a fair bit of speed cameras. the fact u have the chime makes u think ur goin really fast. interesting in a way Wink
c2888
Regular

May 2002

Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you put a switch on it so you could have a track/country road mode its probably worth putting one in. deters you from speeding, too much.

But if you go for a extended drive to say, the great ocean rd, you want to put a screwdriver through the dash after about 10 mins of it. first thing we did when we got home was snip the wires.

bing blong bing blong bing blong bing blong..............

dan
Drift Technician
Regular

March 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nothing quite like the tink tink tink tink sound whilst drifting lol
koen
Regular

March 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So who's going to send me one then? Smile

$10 plus p+h?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those chims are sooooooo annoying and they get louder faster the faster you go (in the aw11 mr2 anyways)
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 10:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if its annoying , I could either hook it up to a switch , or even remove the whole thing, i only want to hook it up i guess for wank factorand the fact i actually got one and want to hear it in action , so yeah could someone at least please tell me how to hook it up ??? THANKS JoHnNy_K
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

105kph? Mine goes off at 110kph. It doesn't get louder as you go faster - but it's a 1973 vintage car so that technology wasn't in place then I guess. I've left mine in 'cos A)-I rarely go over 110kph even on the freeway B)-It's a quaint sound that amuses me C)-It's original JDM goodness that I refuse to disable or remove and D)If it does go off I just crank up the stezza and drown it out Very Happy

seeyuzz
river
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have the speed chime, i love it!!!! Razz

im a jdm whore though, but my speedo is out so when i go 105 im going about 115-120 so its not so bad.

do it johnny! you'll love it Smile
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can have mine, $99 firm.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 18:28]

b1gb3n
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 19:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
c2888 wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 18:11

If you put a switch on it so you could have a track/country road mode its probably worth putting one in. deters you from speeding, too much.

But if you go for a extended drive to say, the great ocean rd, you want to put a screwdriver through the dash after about 10 mins of it. first thing we did when we got home was snip the wires.

bing blong bing blong bing blong bing blong..............

dan

didnt happen to slide (understeer) around ocean rd at 105 km/h Rolling Eyes
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
icon4.gif  Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Thu, 16 June 2005 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that chime unleashes postal urges inside myself...
JDM hachi
Regular

February 2003
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Sat, 18 June 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to answer the question my speed chime is under the stereo in the centre console, easy to get to to unplug if it starts to shit you, have a look around here for the wires to plug yours in.
matty.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Sat, 18 June 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One of my mates gave me his chime from his AW11 for me to put in my aus 86. THen i was told that you need a jap dash to hook it up, othewise it doesnt send the info it needs, or something.

FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Sat, 18 June 2005 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did you try looking in the tech docs on the toymods home page, it has a AE86 Book manual in there covering body electrics, maybe something there.

Cheers

Steve
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Sun, 19 June 2005 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh my god...i cant believe this topic exists... Shocked

those things are put in cars by the dark lord satan himself....with a little help from sadam hussein.....

ask them how to put it in when u die trying to fully sick drift like takumi Rolling Eyes Laughing

j/k
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Mon, 20 June 2005 00:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MR 1JZ wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 09:01

that chime unleashes postal urges inside myself...

yeah you were saying they were in soarers....

so i'm lucky mine has been removed?
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime Mon, 20 June 2005 04:35 Go to previous message
definitely...

i dont have a speedo atm

so i dont get the ring ring
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte
Next Topic:MR2 2nd gen 3S-GE dyno . whats the compression on these engine's?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 17:36:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053229331970215 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.