Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Really slow 1jz :P Thu, 16 June 2005 10:15 Go to next message
Shocked Shocked

http://www.djfiebre.com/fito.wmv

MK3 Supra, 1JZ, R154, (stock 1jz flyweel 3 puck disk and a custom made pressure plate), 4" intercooler, 4" exhaust, Blitz K26 twin kit running 38psi, race weight 3100lbs, 850cc injectors and microtech ltx12. Don't know what tyres on this run but MT ET streets on a previous run of 10.3 @ much less boost.

Stock engine internals including cams and cam gears and says no head work. The fella is from Puerto Rico.

I know the vid is a bit dodgy but the run is

9.4 @ 146mph

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 12:45]

Send a private message to this user    
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Thu, 16 June 2005 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks like a bit of an animal! impressive time it would suprise most people on the street for sure
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Thu, 16 June 2005 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
146 mph in a mark3

standard head, dont think so.

matt has 264 cams and weighs about 350kg lighter than one of those in his celica and runs consistant 131 MPH, to run 146 mph he would have to have big head work. and i would say a blue bottle on board also. certainly launches hard for a manual with that size turbo.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Thu, 16 June 2005 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats a f$%k load of boost!

They seem to make anything ridiculously fast in Puerto Rico, maybe their quarter mile tracks are shorter than ours Laughing

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Thu, 16 June 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 09:34

146 mph in a mark3

standard head, dont think so.

matt has 264 cams and weighs about 350kg lighter than one of those in his celica and runs consistant 131 MPH, to run 146 mph he would have to have big head work. and i would say a blue bottle on board also. certainly launches hard for a manual with that size turbo.

Just going from what the fella said. He said the cam covers haven't even come off so...? Pity the vid is so poor quality, can't even make out the time board. It is basically fully stripped including hacksawing anything that isn't for structural rigidity, doesn't have lexan though. Either way, I was impressed Very Happy
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Fri, 17 June 2005 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont get me wrong, im impressed. its just i know what it takes to run 125 mph for my heavy bitch, i know what it takes matt to run 131 mph, so to get 146 mph, look at the hard core racing soarer, 11 litre plenum, 80mm throttle body, oversize valves, srings retainers, custom 280 dgree cams with 20 something mm of lift, a full house 2j bottom end.

i know puerto ricons are made bastards, my tuner tunes rotors over there 4 or 5 times a year, i hear these wild events frequently.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Fri, 17 June 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is definitely hard to believe that it is dead stock internally and I suppose we will never really know.

From what I saw, the hardcore soarer is pretty well stripped but I still think it would be considerably heavier than this MK3. From what they said, the stripping process is VERY stringent leaving nothing that isn't required. And there is no doubt the Puerto Ricans are hardcore drag racers. They supposably race until early hours of the morning for coolest air temps!
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Wed, 22 June 2005 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chris

apparently alcohol fuel and 50 psi would be responsible for those times.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Really slow 1jz :P Wed, 22 June 2005 06:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so in other words he may be able to run a time like that with an unopened stock internals motor.....

.....but he aint gonna be able to do it much!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Wed, 22 June 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
really!!?? How did you find that out?

Those Puerto Ricans really are hardcore!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Wed, 22 June 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 16:11

so in other words he may be able to run a time like that with an unopened stock internals motor.....

.....but he aint gonna be able to do it much!

Most likely but the Alcohol fuel burns slower and is much less prone to detonation and we all know that detonation is a contributing factor towards blown motors.

All hardcore drag cars get freshened up often though. They will usually check out the big ends after every race and check oil for any metal particles as that is a sign to either rebuild or stop before it blows.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Really slow 1jz :P Wed, 22 June 2005 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fair enough. i guess it's not like it's under full load for like a whole race or anything, just a 400m dash.

Love to see that thing on a dyno, if it could get traction, that is.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Wed, 22 June 2005 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It is a whole race but the object of the race is for it to last as little time as possible Razz
Endless
Regular

October 2004
Re: Really slow 1jz :P Wed, 22 June 2005 07:13 Go to previous message
fuck me that launches HARD Shocked

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 07:14]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:extreme engineering address needed
Next Topic:Toymods phone cover
Goto Forum: