Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Thu, 16 June 2005 03:58 Go to next message
Hi all, just putting it out there as an EOI.. Think it might be time to part with the AE86 and get something a bit larger for towing etc.

Its a 1983 AE86 aus spec.

I recently put a 100kw smallport engine in it. Running factory ecu. Engine may be a bit tired, uses a bit of oil but nothing too bad. Supposedly had only done 120,000.

Has internal AE82 fuelpump setup.

Everything else is pretty much stock as a rock.
Stock wheels, though i'd chuck in some nice 14x6.5 wheels I have that just need tyres.
Suspension is all stock and the interia.

Body wise... The rear half of the car (excluding tailgate) was resprayed after some repairs done. So its all a bit of a mixture of new paint at the back and old paint front.

There is a bit of rust in the tailgate, driver side rear wheel arch and under the fuel cap. Apart from that it is clean of cancer.

Rego until umm October I think.

Here are some pics -

http://img22.exs.cx/img22/9575/ae86side3.jpg

http://img22.exs.cx/img22/7303/ae86roof1.jpg

http://img47.exs.cx/img47/4382/ae864age_complete.jpg

So yeah, if right offer comes along might be willing to part with it Smile

Would want it to go to good owner as I do love this car and had lots of plans for it. Just have too many other 'project' cars to look after really and this one is in need of a bit of TLC and some suspension upgrades Smile

Cheers
Joel

Send a private message to this user    
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Thu, 16 June 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much are you thinking?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Thu, 16 June 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm thinking around 4k.
olihaub
Regular

July 2004
Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Thu, 16 June 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is it just me or is this the first decently priced sprinter to come on here for a long time

were abouts are u
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Thu, 16 June 2005 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u wont need luck so im not going to give it.

4k this thing shouldnt last long at all, perhaps the dude trying to sell his shell for 4k so take note of this thread.

just out of curiosisty how many KMS on the chassis?

thanks
gspot
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Thu, 16 June 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
which state are you in?
opiate
Regular

June 2003
Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Thu, 16 June 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
google says terrigal is central coast in NSW.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Thu, 16 June 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Terrigal is near Gosford, about 1 hour north of Syd.

Original odometer was around 250,000km .. Though I put a new dash in which is just under 200,000.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 22:41]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Fri, 17 June 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Few questions have been coming via PM so thought would answer them here to save answering again Smile

Exhaust.. is standard rwd 4age headers with the twin pipes off that. those go into a 2 " cat (cough emp*y cough). Then its the standard shitty ae86 exhaust from there back. I reckon his is taking away quite a bit of power, could really do with 2 " from cat back to be installed.

Wiring.. I wired it up myself, have done a few ae86/4age's before. All works well no problems. ECU needs to be mounted somewhere, it would fit nicely on the firewall but there is a AC box in the way. AC isn't complete/working so best probably to pull this out and mount the ecu on firewall.

Has new hitension leads.
Near new battery.
Diff is good, just put a new centre in and nice n quiet.
Radiator is in pretty good condition. Has a craig davies thermo on it.
New water pump on engine as old one died.

The rego papers haven't been updated with new engine. This is only a blue slip though. Doesn't need to be engineered.

I have some 6kg/4kg springs the new buyer could have with it.

Problems as mentioned earlier.. bit of rust here and there. mixture of new/old paint. Oil leak from dizzy, think this just needs the new o-rings. Sunroof was leaking so its sealed up for now Smile

Cheers
Joel
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Mon, 20 June 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sold pending payment.
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: EOI - AE86 with smallport 4AGE Mon, 20 June 2005 07:07 Go to previous message
damn Sad
someones definately gonna have fun with this one Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4 SALE - 88 VL 5 speed , Very clean & rust free +lots more PICs UP
Next Topic:1983 SA63 celica $1600 Tassie
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 15:37:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0049479007720947 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.