Toymods » General Car Talk » AW11 owners anonymous

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 June 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Starfire wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 00:41

Most later AW11s also don't have a rear strut brace. This is intended to promote 'safe' understeer as opposed to snap oversteer.

Sorry to be a pain but i think you meant rear swaybar not "rear strut brace"

The later aw11 n/a's have a rear swaybar as mine does and the easrly s/c's do as my halfcut does.
  Send a private message to this user    
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 June 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry 4agte,

I did indeed mean sway bar. It has been a long day. Neither of my SCs have been fitted with them (87 and 89 JDM models).
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 June 2005 15:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nw man wasnt havin a dig was obviously a typo.

Yeah the later ones seem to have no swaybar but i think my half cut is an 86 as it dosent have the aerial (spelling?) on the rear quater but on the roof and it has a rear swaybar. I heave heard that the s/c swaybars were thinner than the n/a ones but i am yet to pull the one off the half cut.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 June 2005 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Our 89 sc has the ariel on the roof too.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 June 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miss MR2 wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 07:52

Our 89 sc has the ariel on the roof too.

hrrrm now i am confused......

thought only the early 1986 cars had an aeriel on the roof... is yours a hard top??? i cant remember
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 June 2005 22:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, its hardtop.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 June 2005 22:12]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 June 2005 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my 88 sc 1/2 cut came with rear sway bar and antenna in the rear qaurter. i dont think anyone really knows whats going on with all the model changes.
you research one thing and think thats it, then more different model changes etc pop up.. Confused
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Tue, 14 June 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Targa tops have the aerial on the boot, hardtops on the roof. Not sure about the sunroof models...
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine is hard top and the antenna is on the boot Confused

Not that it works anyway

(whoops, Miss MR2 here)

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 02:27]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miss I think all aus NA's have the aeriel on the rear quater, while the imports had them on the roof. mine the same, oh so thats why toof reserved my power antenae, it is actually that your motor doesn't work or that your head unit in not wired to it. Have you tried putting a power to the antenae itself?
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It works fine, except the metal tube around the outside that extends it broken off, and if you put it up, all that comes out is the curly white tube. Toyota wanted some rediculus amount of money for it new.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, well when I decide whats happening with my mr2 I'll let yous know, cause there were some other bits aswell
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok with modd model changes...

my 4.89 JDM has.. aerial on the roof, front and rear sway bars, NO front strut brace (and dosent look likes it ever had one), harness mounting points (im guessing they aint facotory Razz )

i was of the feeling that JDM cars specially of that era were pretty much preseted with a list of options from here to next week. including things like sway bars, strut braces, LSD, etc etc. far more options then we are given here (ie floor mats) so each model could be somewhat tinkered by the original owner.

keep in mind that all of our cars are over 15years old and most have probaly had numerous owners in that time. no idea how many mines had (JDM) miss mr2 is the third owner of hers. (irst owner had a hip replacement and couldnt get in and out any more, second owners bought their seventh land cruiser (proper cruiser not poofy cruiser) and were about to leave for the around australia caravan trip.

and one last thing in this essay.... today is a red letter day.. driving along in miss's 2 a zzw30 owener that recognised what the car was and waved back !!!
Starfire
Regular

December 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a spare front strut brace if youre interested...
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my car and the misses car is ment to be the same year yet different things on the dashes. maybe mine was an 88-89 model after all Confused
adamb131
Regular

September 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just to add to the confusion...
My 89 Aussie NA has the rear sway bar and the front strut brace as Stock items. Also has aerial is at back.
JDM 86 SC has no rear sway bar, does have front strut brace and aerial is on the rear qtr as well. Confused
Go figure.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What can i say ?

My cars are identical....well at least they used to be Laughing Laughing

Both both August 87 Oz spec hard tops

Ariel on the boot

Front strut brace

Same rear sway bar

I thought thats how all Oz spec cars came in ?

What was funny however was that they:

1) had the mud flaps removed

2) had the darkest window tint you can get

3) totally debadged, all stickers including the roof spioler

oh and they are both the same colour Laughing Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 17:26

What can i say ?

My cars are identical....well at least they used to be Laughing Laughing

Both both August 87 Oz spec hard tops

Ariel on the boot

Front strut brace

Same rear sway bar

I thought thats how all Oz spec cars came in ?

What was funny however was that they:

1) had the mud flaps removed

2) had the darkest window tint you can get

oh and they are both the same colour Laughing Laughing

feaky...

My mates s/c has cusco coil overs all round with a rear swaybar that isnt connected mainly cause the coilovers dont have the tabs for the swaybar links.

We thinks the coilovers may have been adapted from another car i.e sw20 or something along those lines
toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

mine is the same. no bagding bar the eagle.
ChunksNensja
Occasional Poster

January 2005
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
toof wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 18:54

mine is the same. no bagding bar the eagle.

I've only got the eagle and MR2 on the steering wheel. I checked VERY carefully and there is absolutly no sign of shadows in the paint so it looks like mine never had badges.
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 23:46

fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 22:44

superaw11 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 22:21

Hey Fatmr2,if you think the handling of AW11's leaves a lot to be desired may i ask you what type of Supercars you have been driving ?
Regards Superaw11 Wink

I dont really want to quote myself but:

"The handling leaves a lot to be desired. Then again, my car was very different to all of yours so i cant comment on anyones but mine."

Never mention anything about supercars but since you asked, a perfect example would be my brothers cappuccino. It has a balance of 52/48. Combine that with a weight of 700 odd kg's and 115rwkw. There you go....a better package than the aw11. (in my opinion) But then again its not everyones sort of car.

Im not here to tell you your car doesnt handle well, i just dont think mine was that good. Then again, you dont have 200+ rwkw do you..... Rolling Eyes

Thanks for clarifying the handling comment and i am certainly not attacking you,but simply interested in why you say this.
That is certainly some super Suzuki Cappucino as stock specs suggest 700+kgs and 47kw power 3 cylinder turbo engine and this would not compare quite so favourly too a stock AW11 let alone a stock SC.
I must also say that not everybody wants 200+ rwkw or even close to that in a sports car but you are entitled to crave and chase this but you need to stop putting down those who do not have or want this sort of power.
Don't get me wrong as i loved reading about what you had done and respect what a lot of you power chasing dudes have done but some of us are content with the cars power as is. Shocked
Some of us understand that massive power comes hand in hand with some less desirable traits like lack of reliability for instance and are happy to have a great handling car without wanting to challenge the Supercars of this world in the horsepower stakes.

Cheers and best of luck in whatever you move on to.

Suzuki cappuccino's do come out with 47kw standard. My brother has the most powerful one in Australia. Soon to be even faster. Oh, and all the suspension work has been done to so it handles very well.

And as for putting people down? i dont think i did. I only ever said things about MY car and how i didnt like the way things were on MY car so i cant see how you would get that i am putting people down about their's. Im not really concerned what others do to their cars.
Just because i am not impressed by something that is mildly improved upon doesnt mean im bagging you about your car.

Im not one of those people who has sworn an oath to a specific car. I see potential in every car and pursue the best out of all the ones i have owned.
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arrrrrght he white cars s/c isn't working at all now.
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 13:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you tried to manualy engage the s/c clutch?
get a test light and probe the 2 wires in the plug at the s/c while the ignition is on. one of them will have 12v+ on it, leave it alone. Razz
hook a wire up to the other one (which will be the - trigger) earth it out or run it to a switch.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Wed, 15 June 2005 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the black-red wire will be the 12v line, the other one black-yellow is the trigger line, the relay pulls it to gound to activate the charger, it could be they relay that is stuffed not the charger.

consulted the manual to test if the relay is working it says
http://img288.echo.cx/img288/305/relaychck7ad.jpg

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 14:21]

davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 22:48

And as for putting people down? i dont think i did. I only ever said things about MY car and how i didnt like the way things were on MY car so i cant see how you would get that i am putting people down about their's. Im not really concerned what others do to their cars.
Just because i am not impressed by something that is mildly improved upon doesnt mean im bagging you about your car.

errrrr...... I beg to differ, I only had to go back over your last few posts to find these pearlers.

fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 16:24

Failing all of that, buy a better car that has a shitload more potential than an aw11 would ever have and do that up Very Happy

The one that began all of the shit. Just a generalised statement shitcanning all of our cars.

fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 21:51

Who's MR2 is it that i should be envying? Rolling Eyes

Direct shot at everyone. I know I don't care what you think of my car and I'm sure most other people don't, but it's poor form mate.
I admired your car, not because it was faster than mine or that there was a lot of money spent on it, but because there was a serious amount of work in it and I thought the owner was proud of it.

But then again, if you can only afford a $7000 car i would hardly expect to see you spend a lot of money on it.

Nice direct shot at someone, who are you to judge someone and their spending habits anyways?

Then again, you dont have 200+ rwkw do you..... Rolling Eyes

Another shot at everyone..... should we bow to you yet?

I seriously think you need to pull your head out of your arse bro. Your statements are causing unrest in an otherwise happy aw11 community.

On a side note,

Never mention anything about supercars but since you asked, a perfect example would be my brothers cappuccino. It has a balance of 52/48. Combine that with a weight of 700 odd kg's and 115rwkw. There you go....a better package than the aw11. (in my opinion) But then again its not everyones sort of car.

Suzuki cappuccino's do come out with 47kw standard. My brother has the most powerful one in Australia. Soon to be even faster. Oh, and all the suspension work has been done to so it handles very well.

hmmmm, you say your brothers cappuccino is a better package than an aw11. You should have stated that your brothers cappuccino is a better package than a standard aw11, or more to the point YOUR aw11.

Anyways, I'm off to work on my car. I'll hopefully have a nice update for eveyone that's interested later on tonight.

Cheers,
Dave
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doods,

Bit of a question for the SC owners with standard ECU and a decent boost gauge.

From my understanding the SC is initiated on vacume pressure.

My questions are:

1) if you boot the throttle and initiate the SC what vacuum do you see before the SC kicks in ?

2)Is there a minimum RPM that even if you boot the throttle the SC wont kick in until a certain RPM is reached. Now i am not reccomending you do this but....say you were just idling along in say first or second gear doing say 1000-1500 RPM and hit it, would the SC kick straight in ? or would it wait till say 1800 RPM or something like that ?

3) has anyone driven along and progressivly got faster and faster i am talking like on a flat highway and slowly kept increasing the throtle position and increased speed ? If so what speed did the SC kick in ?

4) Has anyone bypassed the ECU and set up the SC with an ON / OFF switch, again not reccomending this just seeing if anyone may have tried it.

In my car in 5th gear will do about 115km/hr with a throttle position of only 35 % from memory then the SC kick in and speed even with 35 % throttle goes up to about 140 km/hr.

The reason i ask these Qs is i am trying a few different things with the Motec and would appreciate the feedback. It will help me set a few things up. Currently the SC is initiated at 35 % throttle position and a minimum of 1500 RPM

Let us know what you think
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 03:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would like to be able to toggle my s/c on and off might put a switch in would be nice to save some petrol when im not in a hurry.
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scott for the few times I tried my charger it kicked in instanly. from idle as soon as a gave the accelerator a bit it would just instantly skip to about 3 vacum (i don't know what the measurement is Embarassed ) and start building positive pressure and that was down around the 1200rpm mark, since thats where mine was idling Confused but the write ups on MK1 archive says you have 3psi@1000rpm, 6psi@2000 and 8psi@3000. so I guess it comes on instantly as soon as the throttle is opened

dunno when I go for a test drive on monday in the AW11SC I am looking at i will tell you, it is stock apart from a boost guage

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 04:07]

wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 04:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 13:44

I would like to be able to toggle my s/c on and off might put a switch in would be nice to save some petrol when im not in a hurry.

4agte I think scott is talking about having a switch so the SC is running consant, or not at all, getting rid of ecu control. your just thinking of doing it so you can cut the power to the clutch so that the SC won't activate when the ecu tells it to, and switch it to return to normal ecu control, thats what i did on mine, cause I wanted the option to run it.
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sweet,

But how about some feedback on the other stuff Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yup exactly what you said i wanst referring to scotts post in paticular i know what hes trying to achieve we had some in depth talks the first time we met about bringing the supercharger on sooner/later.

I really like the thought of bringing the s/c on at a certain throttle as when i drive my war when its a little cold i use as little throttle as possible and together with the boost guage i can predict when the s/c was going to kick in. I find that even just pottering arround in the city the fuel consumption on these things can hurt b/c you have to boost the car to get away from the lights. (having a broken knock sensor dosent help either)..
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 14:15

Sweet,

But how about some feedback on the other stuff Very Happy

i dunno Laughing

im in the same boat as you scott my tacho dosent work but i know that when the boost guage gets to about 15-13 whateva the reading is opposite to psi on the autometer guages then the s/c kicks in on my s/c.

I make boost in every gear whatever rpm
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cool,

Any idea about the pressure ? like what is the point of the guage if its not calibrated ??????????????????
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
and how about on the freeway how fast befor the SC cuts in ?

By the way what is the go with your Avatar ? where did the pic come from ??

It sort of looks like its made from LEGO Laughing Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 04:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedave wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 11:11

errrrr...... I beg to differ, I only had to go back over your last few posts to find these pearlers.

fatmr2 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 16:24

Failing all of that, buy a better car that has a shitload more potential than an aw11 would ever have and do that up Very Happy

The one that began all of the shit. Just a generalised statement shitcanning all of our cars.

Who's MR2 is it that i should be envying? Rolling Eyes

Direct shot at everyone. I know I don't care what you think of my car and I'm sure most other people don't, but it's poor form mate.
I admired your car, not because it was faster than mine or that there was a lot of money spent on it, but because there was a serious amount of work in it and I thought the owner was proud of it.

But then again, if you can only afford a $7000 car i would hardly expect to see you spend a lot of money on it.

Nice direct shot at someone, who are you to judge someone and their spending habits anyways?

Then again, you dont have 200+ rwkw do you..... Rolling Eyes

Another shot at everyone..... should we bow to you yet?

I seriously think you need to pull your head out of your arse bro. Your statements are causing unrest in an otherwise happy aw11 community.

On a side note,

hmmmm, you say your brothers cappuccino is a better package than an aw11. You should have stated that your brothers cappuccino is a better package than a standard aw11, or more to the point YOUR aw11.

Anyways, I'm off to work on my car. I'll hopefully have a nice update for eveyone that's interested later on tonight.

Cheers,
Dave

In response to all of that:

1. I think you are forgetting i owned an mr2 so me saying buy a better car with more potential is hardly a dig at anyone.
2. I dont envy anyones car nor should they envy mine. You get out of your car what you put into it.
3. I dont care how much anyone spends on their car, like i said.
4. Yes my car was fast. So what...! I did up my car in all aspects. You need not bow to me at all. It seems that you just dont like to hear negative things about aw11's. Once again, i judge my car and my car only.
5. As for cappuccino Vs AW11. Both cars that were mentioned (mine and my brothers) have both had a lot of work done to them. In the end i think the cap is a better package. My opinion....Im allowed to have that even if you dont like it.
6. You really need to loosen up man. I dont hate aw11's, if i did i wouldnt have gone to the lenghts i did with mine.

Either way, whatever. im not going to argue about a car. Hardly worth the effort.

4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont wanna sound like im having a go at you fat but to some people (not me) you come across a bit like your having a go at them but i know its not like that.

To davedave and others that seem offended by fats comments after knowing the guy for a little while hes not having a go at anyones car he just saying what he thinks thats just the way he is.

Thats my experience anyways....
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 06:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
arrrrrrrgh turns out a cop dobbed me into epa for noise the same night i got defected. cars not even that loud!
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 15:21

i dont wanna sound like im having a go at you fat but to some people (not me) you come across a bit like your having a go at them but i know its not like that.

To davedave and others that seem offended by fats comments after knowing the guy for a little while hes not having a go at anyones car he just saying what he thinks thats just the way he is.

It would appear to me that all here have shown fatmr2 nothing but respect and support from day one.
I do not know the guy but anybody reading his posts lately would more than likely have to concede that his comments often sound conceited and arrogant and less than respectfull of others in this particular thread.
You can be as honest as you like but keep the respect for others.
Any how as he said in his last post

Quote from fatmr2
"Either way, whatever. im not going to argue about a car. Hardly worth the effort."

Great idea.

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 06:41]

Joshstix
Forums Junkie

Toymods Vice President

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As to the buy a car with far more potential comment, take a llok at this video http://www.mr2ownersclub.com/video/NA2005-DENO.wmv.

That car that has a 10 second head start and get's lapped inside of 2 laps is a Corvette Z06 running full slicks.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
superaw11 wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 16:34

4agte wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 15:21

It would appear to me that all here have shown fatmr2 nothing but respect and support from day one.
I do not know the guy but anybody reading his posts lately would more than likely have to concede that his comments often sound conceited and arrogant and less than respectfull of others in this particular thread.
You can be as honest as you like but keep the respect for others.
Any how as he said in his last post

Quote from fatmr2
"Either way, whatever. im not going to argue about a car. Hardly worth the effort."

Great idea.

maybee your having fatmr2 withdrawal Laughing Laughing
fatmr2
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing Laughing Laughing

You crack me up Martin!!

Hows things with your car coming along?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 08:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fatmr2 wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 17:42

Laughing Laughing Laughing

You crack me up Martin!!

Hows things with your car coming along?

yeah its comming together..

Just gettin it ready for rego atm so new tyres etc etc once thats outta the way im gonna start on the turbo.

Im seeing an engineer on saturday about how to get the i/c to work in the boot the best. He seems to think that using the negative pressure and ducting it from under the car is best but thinks my idea will work aswell. Im not sold on the air comming from under the car because of the heat from exhaust engine etc etc so it will be interesting to see what he has to say.

Watching that video that josh posted i cant wait to have 350 hp Very Happy

my mate who wants the ash tray is comming back from overseas this weekend so ill come out and settle my debt aswell either on the weekend on early next week????

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 08:35]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IMO having a switch for the s/c is a waste of time. i tried it and it made the car an absolute dog to drive when the s/c was switched off and i did not notice any difference in my fuel economy. sure try it for yourself if you want, but thats my experience in actualy doing it.

GUN METAL 87 SC, this should explain some of what you want to know.
http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/SuperChargerInfo.html
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fair enuf feral i guess its all good in theory but not in reality...

Im not going to try it as im going turbo and with the size of the turbo ive got driving off boost shouldnt be a problem Laughing Laughing Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GUN METAL 87 SC wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 14:41

cool,

Any idea about the pressure ? like what is the point of the guage if its not calibrated ??????????????????
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
and how about on the freeway how fast befor the SC cuts in ?

By the way what is the go with your Avatar ? where did the pic come from ??

It sort of looks like its made from LEGO Laughing Laughing

to answer your q on the avatar check out this link

http://www.i-kochi.or.jp/prv/kk/test/engawa.cgi?mo de=image
wiso
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I am with feral I have been told that without the SC the car is damn slow, and doesn't make much differance to fuel.
I had mine there incase it started to feel funny or began to ping I could flick the switch to cancel the charger.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i drove mine after the idler pulley fell off and i didnt find it too bad to potter arround in which is what id use it for but either way im not going to do it.

Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
checking out bianca's s/c tommorow. I'll agree with feral on the s/c switch thing though, b's cars a pain in the ass without the s/c.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 16:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i didnt have any problems with driving my without the idler pulley apart from no water pump but the car wasnt too bad was definaty driveable
mk1sc
Regular

March 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
geez with s/c is already slow Very Happy , cant think why are people try to have an option of turning it off
it already stays on when needed (underload) and goes off at the right time (light throttle at cruise)
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Thu, 16 June 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4agte wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 02:08

i didnt have any problems with driving my without the idler pulley apart from no water pump but the car wasnt too bad was definaty driveable

oh yeah, it's drivable. but my 545cc 2cyl sherpa would of slaughtered it from the lights.. Wink
plus i heard you drive like an old lady anyways, so you might not of noticed any difference.. Laughing Very Happy
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 June 2005 00:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah true i even wear white driving gloves Laughing Laughing Laughing
GUN METAL 87 SC
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 June 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
feral4mr2 wrote on Thu, 16 June 2005 18:43

IMO having a switch for the s/c is a waste of time. i tried it and it made the car an absolute dog to drive when the s/c was switched off and i did not notice any difference in my fuel economy. sure try it for yourself if you want, but thats my experience in actualy doing it.

GUN METAL 87 SC, this should explain some of what you want to know.
http://www.mr2.com/TEXT/SuperChargerInfo.html

Feral,

Thanks for the link, i had seen this info before ages ago but could not find it. Embarassed

I have a Motec M4 on the car and have been mucking around with it.

The SC is currently initiated by the throttle position sensor (this has its advantages and disadvantages)
I am not proposing to drive around without the SC connected, i have done this before and as others have said its not much fun, absolutely bugger all power, it was however very economical only 6 litres per 100 ks. Maybe this has to do with this motor being MAPed and the way the Motec has been tuned.

I honestly believe for most driving the factory ECU is the way to go and with the ABV the computer cycles the SC and the pressure very well and makes the car very drivable Very Happy

However i dont know of any factory SC ECU equipped cars making the mid range torque or max power mine is making Evil or Very Mad

thanks everyone for the feed back
pjaw11sc
Regular

February 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 June 2005 01:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to barge in on the convo folks, i know i havent been present for a while, but i just wanted to direct your attention to http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=72021&start=0&rid=4720&S=c96958f1a0c c6a89414eec08f5accb5e where im selling my rims. price is negotiable, ive actually bought 'Upspro' (from the mr2oc) twinscrew supercharger setup, so i need to get some other things
Ben Wilson
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 June 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Found this on Performance Forums..

stolen brisbane white aw11 mr2
-------------------------------------------------- --------------
hey all my old mans white aw11 toyota mr2 was stolen from northgate station at around 3pm thursday 16th June, cameras do have fotage but as yet police are to locate the car

It's a supercharge white non targa top model all white no silver two tone like most. 355 gmj rego i think..here's the deal 500 bucks to whoever finds it and can help lead to the capture of the person resposible and extra 500 to give me the guy responsible before the police get him, finally if someone does find it on the side of the road we won't forget you, a smaller cash reward will be mad available
if seen contact me on 0439719822
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 June 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was that one for sale on ebay from qld might be worth another look for 500 buks

edit: had another look at it was for sale b4 the 16th duhh martin

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2005 05:29]

toof
Forums Junkie

July 2003

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjaw11sc wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 11:35

sorry to barge in on the convo folks, i know i havent been present for a while, but i just wanted to direct your attention to http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=72021&start=0&rid=4720&S=c96958f1a0c c6a89414eec08f5accb5e where im selling my rims. price is negotiable, ive actually bought 'Upspro' (from the mr2oc) twinscrew supercharger setup, so i need to get some other things

hey mate, sounds good with the charger setup ? any idea when you'll have it going ? im keen on the idea of a better charger as opposed to a turbo. keep us informed how its going Smile
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 June 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ben Wilson wrote on Fri, 17 June 2005 11:37

Found this on Performance Forums..

stolen brisbane white aw11 mr2
-------------------------------------------------- --------------
hey all my old mans white aw11 toyota mr2 was stolen from northgate station at around 3pm thursday 16th June, cameras do have fotage but as yet police are to locate the car

It's a supercharge white non targa top model all white no silver two tone like most. 355 gmj rego i think..here's the deal 500 bucks to whoever finds it and can help lead to the capture of the person resposible and extra 500 to give me the guy responsible before the police get him, finally if someone does find it on the side of the road we won't forget you, a smaller cash reward will be mad available
if seen contact me on 0439719822

hrmmm.. i wonder what's so valueble about the car (other than having your 2 stolen) that a cash reward is offered to find it before the police do..
Clown
Forums Junkie

September 2002

Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 June 2005 16:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds a little dodgy to me, more of a "he did something to me and i wanna smack the farrrrrrrk outa him" story.
Miss MR2
Regular

April 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Fri, 17 June 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is anyone going on the Upper Hunter Cruise with the MR2 Owners club?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: AW11 owners anonymous Sat, 18 June 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hrrrm when is it miss mr2???
Pages (84): [ «  <  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ACT Spotted
Next Topic:importing or buying a celica XX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 01:36:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.016123056411743 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.