Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 4gaze and 4age parts the same?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
akmehd
Occasional Poster

February 2005
4gaze and 4age parts the same? Thu, 16 June 2005 23:39 Go to next message
ok fellas iv got another question

other than pistons are there any other differences internally to what parts seals bearings etc between the 4agze and the 4age, also is the headgasket thicker for the lower compresion or is that also sahre the same one as the 100kw 4age
reason i ask is can i use the 4age rebuild kit to rebuild 4agze
cheers michael

[Updated on: Thu, 16 June 2005 23:40]

Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4gaze and 4age parts the same? Fri, 17 June 2005 00:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have had troubles with the the n/a 4age timing belts the one i had supplied to me was 1 tooth short when compared to the gze

there are differences between the early afm gze's and later map sensored ones i.e oil squirtersfor pistons ect might be worth speaking to feral4mr2 as he has had experience with both engines.

i believe the rod and crank are supposed to be the same in the 100kw as the gze

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2005 00:07]

Henn
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 4gaze and 4age parts the same? Fri, 17 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been looking around for info on this for a while. Unfortunately I don't have a row of engines to pull apart and check for myself.

It seems that the only difference between GE and GZE of a given year is pistons, rings and cam covers. Everything else is identical (bar accessories like alternator, SC etc etc).

So while I haven't done it, I think the 4AGE rebuild kit would do a ZE fine. As long as the kit was for the correct year.

Hen
akmehd
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: 4gaze and 4age parts the same? Fri, 17 June 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
k thnks fellas
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 4gaze and 4age parts the same? Fri, 17 June 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you talking about just the bottom end seals or the top end as well? Because there will be an obvious difference in the intake manifold seals due to the sc setup.

There's also a pretty big price difference between the 2 seal kits. I've been quoted $270 for a ae92 4age seal kit and $400 for a aw11 4agze.

There's gotta be something else in that extra $130 that isn't in the GE kit.

Eddie.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2005 09:29]

feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4gaze and 4age parts the same? Fri, 17 June 2005 12:17 Go to previous message
87-89 4agze list the the full gasket kit GR901MT (ACL MonoTorque). this should do the bigport and smallport 4agze, though as i found it only comes with a smallport inlet manifold gasket.

the 86-89 4age lists the full gasket kit GN390MT and the 90-94 4age lists the kit GR901MT (ACL MonoTorque).
Both these kits list the same Head gasket but different Inlet manifold gaskets JC578 should be the 86-89 bigport and JC879 should be the 90-94 smallport. the only other differnce i can see between the gaskets kits is the thermastat housing gasket between the 89/90 model engines.

the Timing belt is deffinatly the same between a 4age and the 4agze (BT176).

as long as you get later model 4age conrod bearings they will be the same as the 4agze (42mm). to make sure you get the right ring set measure the top ring land on your pistons, 1.2mm vs 1.5mm.

umm.. think thats about it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Written off 1995 sx
Next Topic:help with KE70 conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 10 00:24:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.11133813858032 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.