Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 19 April 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep good bye center baring!
  Send a private message to this user    
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 19 April 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Allan wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 23:10

yep good bye center baring!

is it whining or anything? (the bearing)
Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 19 April 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its nearing shaged, will look into maybe thickwall alloy one if it wont fly to bits... a job for later
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 19 April 2005 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so much needs to be done to my ma70 tho....axle seals, gearbos seals, and loads more
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 19 April 2005 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried to have a new one peice made up for dads now JZA70, only to be told by the engineering joint thats its ilegal and would cause too much vibration if they did do it Confused
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 19 April 2005 14:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since when are single-piece tailshafts illegal?? And if they can't balance a tailshaft they must be gimps, plenty of other places will do it for you.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 19 April 2005 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
can i suggest you dont put a one piece in there? save the money and get a new one made...i bought a 100% new one including yoke and huge unis for $460...not that dear
Hirogen
Forums Junkie

July 2002
      WTF is a jabber?
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 19 April 2005 23:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Crap. Thats not bad at all for a brand new tail shaft. Bit late though I'm afraid. Time is a very scarce resource for us at the moment so we just got the factory JZA70 tail shaft fitted with a new bearing.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 21 April 2005 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!

It moves back and forth now with the correct tailshaft! Very Happy Very Happy

First drive tommorow for tuning Cool
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 21 April 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work... Looking forward to more pics/vids!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 21 April 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give me a couple of weeks and ill unleash a nice burnout movie....the tyres on it are almost rooted....i figure i should help them wear that last bit!
Jag7799
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 21 April 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking forward to a ride...........................

[Updated on: Thu, 21 April 2005 11:33]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 06 May 2005 00:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well after all these bloody brake problems, ive decided im going to install a mk3 master and blocks/ lines etc. Went to the wreckers yesterday and got one off a halfcut..."um yeah its off a shitty old celica" Ok mate....$15 will do Wink BARGAIN!
bbaacchhyy
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 06 May 2005 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Tue, 19 April 2005 23:58

Since when are single-piece tailshafts illegal?? And if they can't balance a tailshaft they must be gimps, plenty of other places will do it for you.

Certainly not illegal, but they do have some disadvantages. e.g LWB BA Falcons are speed limited to 180 km/hr due to their long single piece alloy tailshafts....
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 06 May 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bbaacchhyy wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 14:01

Certainly not illegal, but they do have some disadvantages. e.g LWB BA Falcons are speed limited to 180 km/hr due to their long single piece alloy tailshafts....

That's cos they're a f'ing HUGE tailshaft! Smile

Hehe, when my F-series diff goes in, it will be accompanied by a single-piece shaft.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 06 May 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Since owning cars that have always had 2 pieces i couldnt go back to a single piece anymore. They just ride so smoothly (if they were balanced and made well)

My dads jag has one, my two supras have them, mums bmw has one...not one has driveline noise...

even pov coronas, crowns and cressidas use two piece shafts!
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sat, 28 May 2005 08:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WELL. today it came out to see the road for the first time. Unfortunately it is missing like a bastard due to the hi tension wires beng too long and one shorting out on the firewall and one on the alternator. And the timing was a bit out, so a bit of work needs to be done.

But, after 2 1/2 years ...WOW!
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 07 June 2005 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
V8_MA61 wrote on Fri, 06 May 2005 16:24

even pov coronas, crowns and cressidas use two piece shafts!

*cough* not all cressida's have 2 peice shafts Wink

Btw I heard it was meant to be going to the toyota car club meeting tonight!!!! where was it/you?!

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 01:19]

V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 17 June 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok bad news, motor has to come out due to it spinning a spigot shaft bush Mad not happy jan. Oh well, such is conversion problems i guess...
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 17 June 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So when't it getting engineered? Question Question Question
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 17 June 2005 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
done, just gotta pick up the plate when im ready Smile
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Fri, 17 June 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Have you fixed your engine problem then?
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sat, 18 June 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 09:52

Have you fixed your engine problem then?

Nah its still a 302 Windsor Razz
*poke*

Last I heard, it needed a fiddle with the timing and other than that was good to trot! Smile

Cheers
Wilbo
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Sat, 18 June 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah but since then its spun the spigot shaft bush Mad
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 28 July 2005 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep sure enough, i got send a dud product from castlemaine rod shop (AGAIN!!!) Mad

ive had enough of them, they obviously cant manage a bunch of hookers in a whorehouse. No apoligies or anything upon sending me a new and different part. Just "oh we dont use those bushes anymore" Rolling Eyes

Anyway thats my growl for today.

Motor is out and the problem is fixed so hopefully it will go back into the car sometime during the weekend so i can further continue the project Smile
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 11 August 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok it went to the exhaust shop today to have the extractors made.

Turns out the reason it wouldnt rev properly was mainly due to the stock headers beign too small. the cam is so big that it needs a large exhaust to let it breathe.

so hopefully that will come back sometime next week so i can sort out any more little bugs that are wrong with it.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 22 August 2005 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i got it back from the exhaust with some phat ass headers on it. 8 700mm long tuned length pipe headers Smile

Was very good price too, and work is excellent. Done by bayside mufflers in brisbane.

so hopefully i will get it all back together this week so i can take it for a burl and get closer to finishing the bloody thing!
rokusan
Regular

September 2004
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 22 August 2005 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey man,ive been back and forth through your thread but i want see picsof the car?
HyDrA
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 22 August 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We need pics of these new pipes! And then I need to go see it IRL.
joorsh
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Mon, 22 August 2005 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Video link is broken! Someone re-host?
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Tue, 23 August 2005 06:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill send another one online next week..hopefully driving Wink
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Wed, 28 September 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i can tee up a video of daytime running/ driving if anyone wants to host it for me?
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Wed, 28 September 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
christopha@optusnet.com.au
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8 MA61 PROGRESS UPDATE...IT RUNS!! VID INSIDE! Thu, 29 September 2005 01:36 Go to previous message
joorsh wrote on Mon, 22 August 2005 23:44

Video link is broken! Someone re-host?

Yeah, that was me.
I needed the webspace.
Pages (7): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5  6  7]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Camry SV21
Next Topic:PIX of my Camry SV21..... :)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 16:04:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0092699527740479 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.