Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sat, 18 June 2005 11:39 Go to next message
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has ever seen clear tail lighst for the ol' gal? 1977 RA28? any ideas? if not i might look at getting new ones made up... might have an option for them as is... thinking i might just use the same body, and replace the lense,

anyone interested? let me know, would help to know what sort of demand to work out costs, etc...
  Send a private message to this user    
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sat, 18 June 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would look like ass.

Eldar.O.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sat, 18 June 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 22:25

would look like ass.

Eldar.O.

agree.. dont f**k with old school. besides its rice an old "muscle" (if ra28's classify) dont want that. come on think aboutr it....
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sat, 18 June 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true all that... but i'm aiming to turn it into a much newer car... i love the shape, but there's so much more work... want a smooth clean car... retro the whole thing... i'm not just talking clear lenses over the existing bulbs.. that's just the part i can't easliy figure out in my head... i wanna make LED tail lights... *shrugs* it's something to think about... sure it's not everyones cup of tea... but it'd be different...
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sat, 18 June 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont beleive youve seen the MISFIT Celica?

thats a show car, and it is absoloutely IMMACULATE.

its the best looking car i have ever seen.

Eldar.O.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sat, 18 June 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, your right there... haven't seen it... any idea where'd i'd find pics?
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sat, 18 June 2005 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hickoz_bro wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 22:55

... want a smooth clean car... retro the whole thing... i'm not just talking clear lenses over the existing bulbs.. that's just the part i can't easliy figure out in my head... i wanna make LED tail lights...

urrghh ... BCC buses have LED tail lights (admitedly they're square, ugly, box-like things)

am also having difficulty reconciling 'retro' with 'LED tail lights

you can replace your bulbs with LED things from jaycar?

a 70/80's US-style thing might be tinted/smoked lenses - but with colour?
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sat, 18 June 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol... and do BCC busses look HOT OR WHAAAT???

haha... okay so it's "what" but meh, those tail lights are off the shelf narva items i think...

if you look at the tail lights, you've got a fairly large (and in my opinion ungainly) gap between the profile of the body, and the lights... ie, they're not flush... i'd like to make the whole car smooth, so the lenses are flush with the body work, no large gaps at all... i guess it's probably one of those things that looks good in my mind, but unless you can see it, there's now way to describe it..

so does anyone know someone who could do injection moulding one offs?
Bluewire
Regular

May 2002

Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sun, 19 June 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Guys..
As the Bluewire Two project comes together that is also a 1978 RA28 Mustang back celica.

The Bluewire Two blueprints have the clear tail lights & have LED's in colors Red, Yellow & of course white.
But the clear tail lights are the same shape as they where produced in 1978. It will look like the Mazda 6 Tail Lights with the chrome inserts.

The printing mould for the clear tail lights are being made soon.

Take Care
Sean

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2005 03:12]

EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sun, 19 June 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://members.iinet.net.au/~asterix/IMAG0001.JPG
the arse end.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~asterix/IMAG0030.JPG
ooooh purdy Razz

Eldar.O.
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sun, 19 June 2005 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur not talkin altezzas on an ra28 r u?
if u r u should b shot!!!
but if it just clear lense with red globe would b different rather than clear lense with red plastic n then globe like altezza!
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sun, 19 June 2005 06:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Misfit. Shocked

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=72328&start=0&rid=4343&S=13696031ca4 4be2ccd870b4cfe847cf2
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sun, 19 June 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i wanna do, is to make them perfectly clear lenses, not smoked or anything, chrome (looking) body, with LED lights, no bulbs or anything...

btw... altezza is a type of car (IS200 lexus)... there's SOOOOOO many lights named altezza, i never noticed any similaritites between them... except they looked heaps diff to stock...

P.S. misfit look HAAAWWWTTTT
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Fri, 24 June 2005 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id be interested. are you thinking origional lenses but just clear instead of coloured?
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Fri, 24 June 2005 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pretty much... but either chroming the stock housing and/or making coloured LED inserts...

just an idea atm..
jcmunga
Regular

November 2004
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Sat, 25 June 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i had the same kinda idea a whie ago but had no idea how to make it happen. would be cool if it could be done though

jesse
DenZel
Regular

January 2004
    -
Re: RA28 Clear Tail Lights Mon, 11 July 2005 22:15 Go to previous message
id be interested in the clear tail lights idea aswell, tell me if any progress and costs
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Ride Height Laws
Next Topic:Body kits
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 08:33:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050930976867676 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.