Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Parts Wanted » wtb. ma70 gearbox, bellhousing, selector fork etc.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dorifto_vip
Regular

November 2004
wtb. ma70 gearbox, bellhousing, selector fork etc. Thu, 16 June 2005 08:56 Go to next message
Hi people,
I an in need of an MA70 gearbox, or MA61 gearbox with MA70 shifter position(non turbo) . Preferablly with selector fork etc and 7mge bellhousing with a flywheel and clutch if possible. Does anybody know of any or know where I can get one in the next couple of months.

cheers

-Andrew
  Send a private message to this user    
dorifto_vip
Regular

November 2004
Re: wtb. ma70 gearbox, bellhousing, selector fork etc. Thu, 16 June 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any one?
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: wtb. ma70 gearbox, bellhousing, selector fork etc. Thu, 16 June 2005 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think you are after a w58 with an M style bellhousing,check out wilbo in the members list and pm him asking kindly for info on what box to use.Once armed with the correct info re post and enjoy the success coming your way.best luck,cheers.Pete. Smile
dorifto_vip
Regular

November 2004
Re: wtb. ma70 gearbox, bellhousing, selector fork etc. Fri, 17 June 2005 04:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the box...the w58..the m style bellhousing i need because it is going on a 5me untill i can organise a 1jz ........sorry about the confusion

[Updated on: Fri, 17 June 2005 04:55]

wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: wtb. ma70 gearbox, bellhousing, selector fork etc. Sat, 18 June 2005 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There isn't any reason that you can't get and use a w55,w57 or w58 box, they all look (and are) physical the same externally, it only comes down to ratios (and some w58's having a steel sandwitch plate, however I have seen many w58's without steel sandwitch plates!). If you don't really think you need the overdriven 5th on the w58 then you can open yourself up to getting a cheap ex RA6X celica W57 Smile

Also don't limit yourself to looking for a 7mge bellhousing, 5me bellhousings (as sourced from MA61's) are identical. Also of note here is the fact that there is two different types of clutch forks, ma70's use a cast clutch for as opposed to the pressed steel one found in ma61's, they are interchangeable however.

There are two different types of flywheel as well one with a 225mm clutch face (MA61), and one with a 240mm clutch face (MA70). If you are after big power I'd suggest hanging out to try and find a MA70 flywheel due to its larger size.

You'll need / want the following parts
-Throwout bearing/carrier AND clips (you cannot get the clips aftermarket, I'm not sure if you can get them from toyota...)
-Clutch fork, rubber fork cover
-Flywheel (will be useless when you get your 1jz), pressure plate, clutch
-M series to W5X alloy gearbox bellhousing
-W55,W57,W58 gearbox with MA70 shifter position (shifter positions can of course be swapped)

I was thinking about selling my ex MA61 gear as a MA61 auto -> manual conversion in the future, but might be temped to part with just the gearbox parts depending on your offer (PM me I guess).

I have
-MA61 W58 230000k's (A few days ago I would have been able to supply a MA70 position to suit...lol unlucky)
-225mm flywheel, clutch, pressure plate (has a broken off bolt pressure plate bolt in the flywheel)
-Throwout bearing, clutch fork, clips and boot
-Bellhousing

Edit: Post/shipping to canberra might make it all not worht while
ps I also suspect this must be going into MX73 Wink

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Sat, 18 June 2005 01:51]

CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: wtb. ma70 gearbox, bellhousing, selector fork etc. Sat, 18 June 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a flywheel, and clutch, will PM you. I should also have a throwout fork and bearing retainer, but will need to check in the shed tomorrow.
on_b00st
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: wtb. ma70 gearbox, bellhousing, selector fork etc. Sun, 19 June 2005 00:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will any of those parts you guys just mentioned fit in a mx83?
dorifto_vip
Regular

November 2004
Re: wtb. ma70 gearbox, bellhousing, selector fork etc. Mon, 20 June 2005 06:00 Go to previous message
thanx for al lthe pm's guys but im mainly interested in the gearbox and bellhousing at the moment..will reply to pm's in a few hows when i have some more time

-Andrew
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:21r engine
Next Topic:WTB: sw20 parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 04:39:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067551136016846 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.