Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » THE NEXT WRX!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
THE NEXT WRX!! Fri, 17 June 2005 18:12 Go to next message
http://www.cafesydney.net/hyrax/my06_sti/

At first it was butt ugly.. but after looking at it for an hour it's starting to grow on me.
  Send a private message to this user    
79rollaboy
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Fri, 17 June 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A 22B would look awesome with that shape front...
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The middle part at the front looks fucked up imo, and it looks to much like mitsubishi's new range.

http://www.nextcar.com.au/i.mitsubishi.verada.GTVi.04oct.jpg

http://www.cafesydney.net/hyrax/my06_sti/images/subaru200701.jpg

[Updated on: Sat, 18 June 2005 00:16]

Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont mind the headlights, but i HATE that centre part of the grille, much too big, it looks all wrong
1stGen
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has quite a big air intake..
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AHHHH OUT IT BACK IN IT AINT DONE YET!!!!

looks like its been hit with the ugly stick and the retarded one too geez

its just that front grill.... ahhh i hate the grill it hurts teh eyes.
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, front grille = ARGH
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
has the new front grill got anything to do with the fact that the new saabs are rebadged wrx's looks like it to me

the front lights look very saab

[Updated on: Sat, 18 June 2005 01:22]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Well it appears that the WRX still maintains its tag as one of the ugliest cars on the road. The first ones were ugly and they just don't get better looking.

seeyuzz
river
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I love it! Thats awesome!
Thanks
Troy
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 08:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to me it looks like the japs are tryin to imitate european styling
Laughing

[Updated on: Sat, 18 June 2005 08:15]

BlackGT4
Regular

February 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOCKA wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 18:13

Laughing

exactly what went through my mind when i saw this new front end.
on_b00st
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BOCKA wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 18:13

Laughing

It looks more like they were tryin see what it looks like when they shoot at it with there latest military equipment...
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow... that looks like... poo, with a hole straight through the middle...

and those lights... definite saab...

alrough, look at ol' bug eyes, there was a definite mob of supporters, i'd have to say the last (current) model looked pretty good... now they've gone back a step...
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 18 June 2005 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
in my mind if they lost the scoop then it would look a whole lot better
Draza
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sun, 19 June 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oww my eye ball
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sun, 19 June 2005 11:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats what happens when i cheif designer from alfa romeo goes to work for subaru, but it looks ok, i wont buy one but i reckon the rally car version will look tough with that front end, they always do! Very Happy
kwayzivietnamese
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sun, 19 June 2005 16:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reminds me of a cross bred btw pulsar & mercedes at the front.
187_20v
Regular

October 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 21 June 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats sweet lookin
but why does it always come in the same colour
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 21 June 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
187_20v wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 20:44

but why does it always come in the same colour

are you serious man?
you do know you can get different colours, right? Confused
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 21 June 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i actually dont mind it, i loved the my99, then the bug eyed ones came out and i thought they were ugly as anything. They ended up growing on me and i like the STi ones.

But this one is pretty schmick...love it hehehe
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 21 June 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my99 looked the goods the startled deer looked shit current model looks the the goods but not as good as origional and that one up there would look shit loads better with the gay grill.

cheers, lloyd
2L8IV1
Regular

March 2005

Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 21 June 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i dont like it at all the first WRX looked gr8 to me, they just
keep getting worse Sad
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 21 June 2005 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like to me that Subaru were lazy and raided the Saab parts bin and got the lights off the 9-5 Confused

That is one fugly car but they would have done it's design maybe for rally aerodynamics or something along those lines...
QIK_GT4
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Wed, 22 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only good looking WRX were the my99 shape ones! The rest are fugly! Well all I can say is suck shit subaru! You fucked up again!

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 00:47]

QIK_GT4
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Wed, 22 June 2005 00:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyway on a totaly different note who reckons the 04-05 Subaru Liberty GT is fucking sexy!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Wed, 22 June 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ugly nose is the new corporate front, they're going for something which is supposed to look like the front of the old planes they used to make.

Personally, I think it looks a little wrong, but it will grow on my, it's the rear quarter view which looks the most awkward in my opinion. Gf has a MY99 WRX, that looks awesome, if a little weird in profile (being a Jap sedan and all), her uncle drives a MY05 STi and that thing looks cool, especially from the front.
old_mr2
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Thu, 23 June 2005 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Give me a 1999 model anyday
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Thu, 23 June 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
05 model STi's are sex on a stick.
the flared out look with the bonnet scoop that eats children and small horses is so TOUGH!

this model is doodly doo.
side on profile of the front and it looks like a mix between a mercede's slk and the current rexy. ahh well they're still quick Laughing
mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Thu, 23 June 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1stGen wrote on Sat, 18 June 2005 08:24

has quite a big air intake..

its smaller than the previos model, lol

and you guys do know the my00 is just the same if not better than the 99...colour coded door handles Razz

ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Fri, 24 June 2005 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my99 is quicker than the my00 Evil or Very Mad
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Fri, 24 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 11:13

The ugly nose is the new corporate front, they're going for something which is supposed to look like the front of the old planes they used to make.

yar, i see lots of the subaru models with this front... there's heaps of the kei cars around.....

OT
what looks weird is the VW Kei car Wink new thread..

[img]http://rjc-japan.net/rjc-japan/rjc-caroftheyear/20 05/2005rjc-caroftheyear/subarur22.jpg[img]

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 03:20]

mc68
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Fri, 24 June 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke30king wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 10:50

my99 is quicker than the my00 Evil or Very Mad

and stock vs stock, the my98 was the fastest rex...whats your point?
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Fri, 24 June 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no shit but you were comparing the my00 to the my99 and saying the my00 was better but its not as quick as the my99. but that is obviosly not how you were comparing them
Farmsci ST162
Regular

August 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Fri, 24 June 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont really mind it at all, it takes a while but it grows on you. The new front grille design will eventually filter through the entire subaru range, its sposed to be a throwback to the good ole days of aircraft manufacturing with the centre grille being the fuselage and the outer grilles being wings.
Greg.
Regular

November 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sat, 25 June 2005 07:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a '99 RX Impreza..Had its since new..not a WRX BUT .I love it..the model after that was ugly9even the dealers said so) and the brand new one is worse..Fuji Industries have gone the way of parts of Toyota and Mi'bishi...imposing their god awful shapes on the world..I have hope though...have just read about the IS350..could never afford one but nice to know Toyota has maybe just maybe woken up..
The 2 dr STi from 1999 would be my choice of weapon...if I had a choice.. Rolling Eyes
PS If I have offended anybodies personal sensibilities or tastes...get over it..I took the heat for years when I got my Subi...Funny car/short arse/stubbi/all front no bum ...blah blah blah..but I did not give a rats..and still don't ...Cheers...
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 28 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is teh fugly. It's no AU Falcon, but they really could've shot Zapatinas in the face and buried him out-back of the design office, rather than indulged his crayzey ideaz.

The whole thing wreaks of BMW's being "Bangalised" !
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 28 June 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still can't understand how the company can constantly design such a woeful car like the rex/impreza yet still make such a classy and very nice looking car like the liberty at the same time. Very Happy
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 28 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 12:58

i still can't understand how the company can constantly design such a woeful car like the rex/impreza yet still make such a classy and very nice looking car like the liberty at the same time. Very Happy

Very strange, but rest assured the next Liberty will look worse than the current one. Crying or Very Sad
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 28 June 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Like Metallica releasing "Master of Puppets" and "Load/ReLoad" Mad
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 28 June 2005 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
st184 sillycar wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 13:42

Like Metallica releasing "Master of Puppets" and "Load/ReLoad" Mad

I wouldn't know. I'm a Led Zeppelin man Cool
dr trim
Regular

March 2005
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Tue, 28 June 2005 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i listen to mmmbop Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

rofl at boy bands Very Happy
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Fri, 08 July 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im hoping the diff trickery will more than make up for the Alfa-esque styling. WRXs are functional. You can't take that away from them.

That intake has heaps of room for radiators of all kinds, oil, intercooler, tranny...
Matty P
Regular

November 2002
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Fri, 08 July 2005 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's no uglier than current models.

Let's face it, the WRX is not about looks!
pLaYa_OnE
Regular

February 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Sun, 10 July 2005 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ugly....
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Mon, 11 July 2005 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shovelnose wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 13:39

Corona RT142 wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 12:58

Very strange, but rest assured the next Liberty will look worse than the current one. Crying or Very Sad

Check this photochop out...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/mcrago/b517969c.jpg

If that does happen, I'll be happy, 'coz my Liberty will retain its value real well! Very Happy
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Mon, 11 July 2005 02:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks pretty damn good to me.
http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2006_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti-3.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2006_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti-1.jpg

http://www.supercars.net/PicFetch?pic=2006_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti-2.jpg
TRD_Supra
Forums Junkie

On Probation

December 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Mon, 11 July 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it just looks bloody tough!! its not very often car companies don't copy each otehrs looks... i think thje BA falcon rear looks like hte VX rear
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Mon, 11 July 2005 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the front seems to have borrowed a bit off the b111s concept but to me that thing is fucking ugly, very cheap nasty and nothing nice about it. I mean you've got a mail box at the front Laughing , ironing board on the rear Surprised , butt ugly front Razz , carry over centre Rolling Eyes pretty much and decent flares Very Happy .
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Mon, 11 July 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't mind the rest of the car. The flares are very yummy.

It's just that the front is vomit-inducing.
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Mon, 11 July 2005 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 15:56

I don't mind the rest of the car. The flares are very yummy.

It's just that the front is vomit-inducing.

Exactly my thoughts. The spoiler over the rear window is rather unecessary too. As has been pointed out out, the Rex is a functional car, but that is not a green light to make every second model digustingly ugly.
KYOTO
Regular

April 2004
Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Mon, 11 July 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My only gripe would be overall size. They're just too big these days.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: THE NEXT WRX!! Mon, 11 July 2005 12:05 Go to previous message
I saw those initial pictures, and I thought great, that looks shit. Then I saw the ones from Wheels, and I thought hey that doesn't look as bad as I first thought.

I drove to work today and had a GOOD squiz at a current model WRX, and I thought to myself, it's a marked improvement over the bug eyes, but still not as cool as the MY99 I was driving. Then I saw these third pics, and I actually genuinely like it now, it's not pretty, no. Functional yeah and it looks tough Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:wat diff to buy ?
Next Topic:7m AFM
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:08:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0079140663146973 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.