Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Sun, 19 June 2005 09:41 Go to next message
Hey guys,

I ran my Supra on the dyno for the first time today at the Canberra Celica Group (CCG) Dyno day. First off, thanks to the guys for organising the day, it was heaps of fun!

Anyways back to my run. I was very happy with the power I got out of my relatively stock 1j. 193.5kw at the wheels. However the Air Fuel ratio readings were all over the shop! Sad It appears to be leaning up bad at the very end of the power curve..

I'm looking for some advise as to what may be causing this erratic ratio reading. Any help would be much appreciated Smile

The car is an R154 manual running a HKS Pod filter. The exhaust is 3 inch dump pipes (or so i've been lead to beleive) running in to a straight through 3.5 inch system. The car currently doesn't have any boost controller or any other mods engine wise.

thanks again

-Andrew

http://img295.echo.cx/img295/1386/supradyno28jh.jpg
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Sun, 19 June 2005 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what boost is that running?

you say no controller, but custom dumps & exhaust can pump up the boost a lot. 195 with no boost control and minor mods is *very* impressive!
mz21_shiznac
Regular

January 2005
Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Sun, 19 June 2005 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, my soarer is in need of a good tune, my AFR was 9:1!!!

Yeah I would say the boost would rise a bit after the custom dumps.

My old JZA70R made 208.1RWHP on the dyno, with a 3" cat back and a pod. This ran 0.8 bar (stock) all day everyday.

I'm not too sure on your case really, but all I can say is if it is leaning up that much on boost I'd lay off the boost for a while. I'd say maybe a problem with fuel IMO...
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Sun, 19 June 2005 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Remember that the lean AF's will increase the power figure.

That is quite strange though as most dyno graphs I have seen head exactly the opposite direction where yours starts to lean out.

I don't know if it will help but I would be checking obvious things like fuel pump flow, injectors not clogged, fuel pressure and fuel filter. You would think that the injectors and fuel pump would be up to the task but you never know because of things getting older and such.

What boost is that at? Do you have a SAFC or any other fuel controller? No ecu mods?
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Sun, 19 June 2005 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Draven - Cheers Smile not a clue on boost level, I haven't hit fuel cut since I've got it, so it is definately less than 1 bar.

Yeah exactly, I had heard that they usually run too rich! I think I'll be definatelty checking out the pump and injectors though when it goes in to the smash repairers in a week... I can't say what boost I am running at the moment, I have a gauge on order so I'll hook it up asap and take a look.

The car doesn't have any type of fuel controller. ECU is totally standard as far as I know. I have just changed the fuel filter. I'm not sure how good the fuel regs are on these so I may get that checked out as well.

I'll keep you guys posted

-Andrew
celicaboy_2000
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Sun, 19 June 2005 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good to hear you found a Supra, 193.5Kw from a basically stock setup is pretty dam impressive... The guy that brought my Supra dynoed it at 15 psi and the old girl pushed out 213Kw at the wheels which im happy about. As for the strange occurance in the dyno sheet what ever Chris Davey said, and that could also make sence of the power figure.
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Sun, 19 June 2005 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sure it doesn't have some kind of fuel cut killer (MAP voltage clamp) fitted somewhere? Either that or your fuel pump has reached retirement age...
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Sun, 19 June 2005 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only additions this car had was the dump / exhaust, pod filter and apexi RSM. (Sorry for butting in, but this car used to belong to my room mate, I'll tell him about the power figure, he'll be happy Very Happy)
AE82TwinCam
Regular

May 2002
Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Mon, 20 June 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers Peeack. Yeah I haven't done anything engine mod wise since I bought it..

Thanks Celicaboy, glad to hear your old beast is pumping out some nice numbers!

What pump do people recommend I check out? Anything decent thats a direct bolt in? I don't have crazy plans for the car, I just want it to be a nice streeter.. Probably won't even see more than 220 at the wheels (until I finsh my training in a few years that is Evil or Very Mad)

Probably just a boost controller and aftermarket cooler after I get my coilovers in Smile

Cheers

-Andrew

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 00:12]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Mon, 20 June 2005 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know about driect bolt in but the Walbro 255's are a good pump and they are cheap as chips. May as well get a new one of these rather than something like a 2jz pump etc. Try www.importbitz.com
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Dyno sheet analysis - 1jz-gte Mon, 20 June 2005 04:45 Go to previous message
As per the 1JZ stock boost pressure thread, with good zorst, twin dumps and intercooler your boost will go to around 14psi, mine spikes up to 16psi on cold nights.

It would appear your stock intercooler is holding you just under the boost cut point.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:RA40 RwKw
Next Topic:Hachi Roku Speed Alarm/Chime
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 5 18:55:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060610771179199 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.