Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » getting a car engineered, anyone got a list of what gets looked over?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

getting a car engineered, anyone got a list of what gets looked over? Sun, 19 June 2005 18:35 Go to next message
howdy, does anyone has a list or something of everything a engineer has to check in the car to "pass" it. Like wiring and all that. I just want a checklist type thing while i'm doing my engine conversion.

I would ask an engineer in perth but i dunno any Razz
  Send a private message to this user    
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: getting a car engineered, anyone got a list of what gets looked over? Sun, 19 June 2005 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they look at everything that has been changed and how good it is mounted and anything it might effect.They make shore the brakes are good enough to stop it properly,also how loud it is and just basic condition of the whole thing
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: getting a car engineered, anyone got a list of what gets looked over? Mon, 20 June 2005 00:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fraid seat bealts
secure battery
brake lines too close to engine or exhaust
cat converter (if needed)
aftermarket steering wheel the correct size
loudness of exhaust
location of additional guages

thats to get you started!
just see an engineer and he'll tell you to fix up some stuff and then come back to him. Mine did that and only charged me the one price.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: getting a car engineered, anyone got a list of what gets looked over? Mon, 20 June 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When mine was engineered.
The first thing that they are going to check is if you can have that new engine in your current car.
Then like it has been said:-
Quote:

frayed seat belts
secure battery
brake lines too close to engine or exhaust
cat converter (if needed)
aftermarket steering wheel the correct size
loudness of exhaust
location of additional gauges

Quote:

They make shore the brakes are good enough to stop it properly

Then any and all mods that are made to the original car specs. to made sure they conform with the current regulations.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: getting a car engineered, anyone got a list of what gets looked over? Mon, 20 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous message
most engineers (over here anyway) will charge you one fee initially, and $50 every time you have to go back to them, so it might be a good diea to try and get it right first time Smile

I *highly* recommend finding the number of an engineer and giving him a call. he'll tell you all the stuff that needs to be right, then you can just take your car to him and get it passed first go (in theory)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:JZX90 owners - where are you?
Next Topic:THE NEXT SUPRA!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 13:12:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0057470798492432 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.