Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars. Tue, 14 June 2005 14:42 Go to next message
Hey there, I just managed to secure a deal with my ae86 parts dude and can get a rear brace for a lot less than most places depending on interest.

It goes like this:
>1-5 people - $160 ea
>6-10 people - $150 ea
>10+ people - $140 ea
postage is $15 anywhere except Tas and NT ($20)

Now being offered also is the round brace, similar to the a-spec style for $80 + Shipping

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/gtr_gaga/brace.jpg

->list your name and details below if you are interested.

Cheers,
Gavin La Grange

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 04:48]

Send a private message to this user    
taitran
Regular

April 2005
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Tue, 14 June 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There was a group buy for front & back braces about a fortnight ago for alot cheaper so.... i think everyone probably has one by now LOL.

Anyway good luck with it.

Cheers Tai
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
These are different and much more effective. Rolling Eyes

These bolt on a different place buddy Shocked

Good luck with the group buy.

Jezza
DRFT - 86
Regular

February 2005
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeh these are the go... the other braces that were in the group buy, are hardly as effective.
I'll be making my own like this..
but good luck with the sales.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 03:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i hope you guys realise that square tubing is more likely to bend than round tubing.

my A-Spec braces have never had any bending problems.

cheers
steve
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks steve for your wholesome input Smile

I personally think that these are the strongest braces you can get for the rear seat mounts as I have had one before. They are chunky as, and my old one did make a big difference to the feel of the car. I am convinced it would take something pretty damn serious and destructive to bend one of these.

And yeah these are a different style of brace to the one int he other group buy.
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aspec ones are hollow too aren't they?

these are solid.

look pretty tough. are those tabs for harnesses or something? gotta drill your own holes?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.driftstation.com.au/images/AE86Bracesml.JPG

that first pic was a prototype, this is a pic of the actual finished product Cool
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can someone post a pic of where this one would bolt to if it's different to the other type just recently sold? Or just a basic explanation would be good.

Eddie.
Matt-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

October 2003

Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
driftae86 wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 15:39

aspec ones are hollow too aren't they?

these are solid.

look pretty tough. are those tabs for harnesses or something? gotta drill your own holes?

Solid ? I cant see anything indicating them being solid Andrew. They are identical to ASpec Rear Brace but sqaure tubing. If they were solid they would be more heavy and expensive.

[Updated on: Wed, 15 June 2005 08:53]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh...good to see you're selling some of these finally, David.

$$$
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 09:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, in the first pic they looked solid because they looked thin.

that second pic does look like hollow tube.

meh, who cares anyway
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The A-spec braces are good too from what I have heard, I have never run them personally but thats not because i dont like them or because these are better etc. From what I have seen I think these a a bit chunkier, but thats besides the point. No ones trying to diss other peoples products - I know the aspec braces are proven, and this brand brace is proven to me having run it in my old car.

Where the top of the rear seats click into is where this brace bolts into. You can either fold down the rear seats or take them out but it only takes a minute to install and does make a good difference.
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these bolt in exactly the same as the A-Spec brace, because these were copied from the A-Spec brace i sold to Truenosedan.
Bustin
Regular

April 2005
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so, these braces are easily removable?
Could i remove them when i need the rear seats?

Justin
poh_86
Regular

November 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
theres only one way to test this!
*pulls out hammer* Very Happy
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah they are easily removable. Where the seat clicks into there is a bracket thing. You take it off via 2 bolts and pop this brace in and do up to 2 bolts again.

Hehe, I think it would take a little more than a hammer to bend this thing. Its thick as hell.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So would this fit into a coupe?

Eddie.
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Wed, 15 June 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah, rear seat setup is different in the coupe

and these are just an inferior copy of the a-spec brace.
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Thu, 16 June 2005 01:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Here's one I prepared earlier

http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/brace1.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/brace2.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/brace3.jpg
http://users.bigpond.net.au/monkeymajik/brace4.jpg
godsend
Regular

February 2005
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Thu, 16 June 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i guess this means no fat chics in the back seats then ey?
decoyslikecurves
Regular

October 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Thu, 16 June 2005 15:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you dont want it, dont post.

I fail to see how these are inferior to a-spec considering they are so similar in design in the first place. And no-ones bagging a-specs products so please dont give this one shit either. Im sure they are both good braces. Who the hell cares.

Anyhow, Come on, lets get some interest up!
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Sun, 19 June 2005 02:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually! i bent my A-spec brace, lent it to a mate to do some circuit work not drift and it came back with a nice bow in it, which we bent back out of it. But i still stand by the a-spec brace i wont sell it to anyone and I say the more products is better!!
so lets all just drive some hachi's
nuff said
Slippin
Regular

June 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Sun, 19 June 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a driftstation one and it is great, really stiffens up the rear end. used mine drifting at qr and it was fine. quite strong they are
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Sun, 19 June 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the grand of alloy that those square boxes are made from ? just its looks just like a low grade due to the discoloration in the weld area ? the weld also looks like a MIG weld , not a TIG , and are they heat treated making the weld/material the same strength ? And how is square tube stiffer in a torsonal twisting force as apposed to a tube ? Rolling Eyes

I wonder how you get onto a track at a CAMS event with them now following FIA regs this year with your harness attached to anything apart from a approved cage . Most floor / rear mounted harness are not allowed due to the declining angle of the belt being under 15' , whats the belt angle with say a sparco seat with that brace ? Also remember CAMS regs will be in drift events soon , already in this state they are starting to push this due to the track insurances .

Also how does bracing a area not connected directly to a suspension point stiffen the vehicle ? how the do feel that difference ? has anyone running a high rear spring rate ever heard a noise from the rear seat hinge or locking area ? the car has so much missing area due to two large holes in the side that it would hardly bother flexing in above the rear in the intersection of the rails and rear floor fold .

I WANT ANSWERS Laughing

EDIT: doesnt the best ae86's drifter in Australia atm Crab use a A spec Brace ?

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2005 11:19]

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Sun, 19 June 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was just curious as to how square steel is supposedly stronger than tube steel?

could you please answer me to cure my curiosity...

p.s. curiosity didnt kill the cat...i ate the cat
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Sun, 19 June 2005 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just make one....its so easy that its a joke....and you can make it face backwards so that you keep the rear seats and their mounts

Cost me about $10 in steel and hour of my precious time Rolling Eyes

Search for sam_q's post on his big technical workout for ae86....shows you how...

save your money for something that makes a difference

These things just look like a piece of outdoor furniture Rolling Eyes

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2005 16:05]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Sun, 19 June 2005 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

I wonder how you get onto a track at a CAMS event with them now following FIA regs this year with your harness attached to anything apart from a approved cage . Most floor / rear mounted harness are not allowed due to the declining angle of the belt being under 15' , whats the belt angle with say a sparco seat with that brace ? Also remember CAMS regs will be in drift events soon , already in this state they are starting to push this due to the track insurances .

This point is moot, because you would have a cams cage and thus this brace would be redundant.

I find it interesting that there is alot of shit being laid on this brace, when we just had a group-by for about 20 rear strut braces in another thread which are well known to do sweet fuck all in the rear of an ae86 hatch and no one said a thing?

Edit: I havent driven enough with this brace in to comment on how it performs yet.

[Updated on: Sun, 19 June 2005 16:37]

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Mon, 20 June 2005 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
monkeymajik wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 02:05

I find it interesting that there is alot of shit being laid on this brace, when we just had a group-by for about 20 rear strut braces in another thread which are well known to do sweet fuck all in the rear of an ae86 hatch and no one said a thing?

thats because it's clearly a copy of the A-Spec brace, and people that have been around long enough know that there's a difference between quality, engineered work, and something a toothless idiot from Elizabeth made.

also it comes a lot down to customer loyalty. when people see another persons product being copied, they tend to arc up a bit.

good luck with that group buy... Rolling Eyes
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Mon, 20 June 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve-AE86 wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 19:09

these bolt in exactly the same as the A-Spec brace, because these were copied from the A-Spec brace i sold to Truenosedan.

yes i did buy a brace off you steve, but after hearing from some of my queensland mates they told me that they bent one, see mikes post. seeings as i have been waiting for parts etc for my car (coilovers ) and i was assuming it would be off the road for some time, a "certain toothless idiot" offered to make me one. such was the nice finish of these braces a couple of my mates thought they would like one, and they liked and then they told their friends. Rolling Eyes

I think all this bullshit should be dropped, you dont see whiteline kicking up a stink about t3 making braces, it is called competition

if you dont like it....make something better....
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Mon, 20 June 2005 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have just finished talking to Driftstation,
he says he is up for some FRIENDLY competition
he has just informed me that he is willing to manufactuer the cheaper round bars as well as the beefier square ones, the round bars will be made to exactly the same specs as the competitions bars, but will be quality TIG welded not inferiour MIG welded. and at the new SUPER LOW PRICE OF $80 + Shipping. Very Happy
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Mon, 20 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where is the free steak knifes and if u order one in the next 15 mins quote....to add to your impartial opinion Wink

Adam
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Mon, 20 June 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
as a special favour if YOU order one in the next fifteen minutes, we WILL throw in YOUR set of steak knives! Wink
180_chic
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Mon, 20 June 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do the Driftstation square bars still come with the lifetime warranty?

i assume the round bars dont have the lifetime warranty?
truenosedan
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Mon, 20 June 2005 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes the square ones come with an unconditional lifetime guarantee,

as for round ones they come with the warranty covering manufacturing defects only, so in the unlikely event there is a defect they will be repaired or replaced.

all just to give you peace of mind as we have never had an issue in the past Very Happy
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars. Mon, 20 June 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with all this rear strut brace competition, i'm expecting all 86's in Australia to have one by now...round or square hehehe
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars. Mon, 20 June 2005 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who said anything about my round tube ones being MIG'd?

shows how much both Truenosedan and 180_Skank know about welding...

useless.

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: [ae86] rear brace group buy Mon, 20 June 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
180_chic wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 13:59

Do the Driftstation square bars still come with the lifetime warranty?

i assume the round bars dont have the lifetime warranty?

ummm

question...

werent you banned 3 times already?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars. Mon, 20 June 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm square why not triangle its a stronger shape
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars. Mon, 20 June 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blah.. round is stronger.
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars. Mon, 20 June 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://gallery.plebeians.net/albums/kitteh/asparagus.jpg
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars. Mon, 20 June 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bahahhahahaha gold question has to be asked though why is mechanic kittay looking under the car when the brace is inside the hatch
86DRFT
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars. Mon, 20 June 2005 07:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing thats hilarious!
mikes86
Regular

September 2004
Re: ae86 braces - now offering round + square bars. Mon, 20 June 2005 10:16 Go to previous message
ae86slaver wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 15:00

with all this rear strut brace competition, i'm expecting all 86's in Australia to have one by now...round or square hehehe

yes soon all aus 86's will be braced up to buggery.... but will they all be put to good use?
i hear rain im going for a drive Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Aus Spec ae86 Brakes.
Next Topic:sold for less than $2OOO.ooST205 BRAKE calipers.4 SPOT fronts with rotors 315x32
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:00:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006505012512207 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.