Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » driveshaft turns in N?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
driveshaft turns in N? Mon, 20 June 2005 12:35 Go to next message
OK heres the situation, last nite thought might have some fun, ended up dumping clutch too hard and resulting in having a snapped axel (or something in the S series rear end) in my trueno coupe , got it home safely thanks to RAC (engine was fine but it didnt move!). Next day which is now. i thought better check if anything else is F***ED so started up the motor in Neutral with the handbrake on, i here a slighting clunking noise, go under the car and i find my driveshaft is turning!!!, i thought the box was stuffed so checked the gears, checked them and they all fine. so just wondering its getting me paranoid, cause i got no resistance due to a broken diff/axel, could that explain why my driveshaft is turning in neutral??? THANKS JoHnNy_K
  Send a private message to this user    
notorius
Regular

August 2004
Re: driveshaft turns in N? Mon, 20 June 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not 100% sure, yet the output shaft shouldbt be turning, although can u stop it moving as in if u try to grab it with ure hands (unless its spinning heaps fast, dont want ya to get hurt)
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: driveshaft turns in N? Mon, 20 June 2005 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes
friction of the oil will allow the output shaft to turn

trevor

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 12:42]

Johnny_K
Regular

June 2004
Re: driveshaft turns in N? Mon, 20 June 2005 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THANKS Trevor, I can understand that to somepoint, but yeah i geuss this means my gearbox is fine, i can get any other gear so i'm hoping its alrite and all that needs replacing is my rear end, so might try find my self a T series rear end
mrshin
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: driveshaft turns in N? Mon, 20 June 2005 14:47 Go to previous message
Tailshaft will turn as has been said, but that doesn't mean your gearbox is in good health. Fix the diff, and if the gearbox howls like 10,000 caged pigs, fix it too Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:21/22-RE. EFI setup.
Next Topic:3S dipstick hole/holder?? help please
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:57:34 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062360763549805 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.