Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
jo's celica collision Mon, 13 June 2005 15:30 Go to next message
hey guyz,

i just ran my car into a pole, feeling like the biggest shit. it's the worse feeling, my first ever collision and yes im on my p's. feels just like i came out of a long term full on serious relationship with a chick, not sure what is worse having ur heart broken or destroying ur car.

story: queen's birthday, raining night. felt like testing my skills, apparently i had none.

someone make me feel better :'(
  Send a private message to this user    
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 13 June 2005 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 01:30

story: queen's birthday, raining night. felt like testing my skills,

lol - me and my mate had the exact same idea... however we chose a massive open area to do it in and thus could not hit anyone or anything. I mastered J-turns and 360 spins tonight. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

It sucks to hear about your accident but if you were being stupid I suppose it was bound to happen one day. Just use this as a learning experience... It's not the end of the world.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 13 June 2005 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what part of the car got hit?
how badly?
pics?

i havent slammed my car into anything... yet..

meh, at least your alright!

shit happens

Eldar.O.
WIRTH
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 13 June 2005 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am real sorry to hear about that.

I hope you are feeling better soon.

xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 13 June 2005 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I crashed my first car by testing my skills in the rain Smile Smile

I always read (or I thought i read) that during understeer, stepping on the accelerator with a fwd car increases traction.

I did this on a corner with bald tyres and an island with those really strong yellow poles, unfortunately I forgot about the island (this was a area I knew very well; infront of my high school).

Well atleast I learnt something, stepping on the accelerator only speeds up the understeer Smile

P.S; pole was bent about 30 degrees, whilst my front bumper was snapped in 2 pieces, bonnet bent, guards and bonnet were squashed in.

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 03:14

I always read (or I thought i read) that during understeer, stepping on the accelerator with a fwd car increases traction.

Where the hell did you think you had heard that, best thing is to lift off the throttle but not too fast as it will cos lift off oversteer and hit the brakes to slow down any impact.
One of my mates at school seemed to have a wrong assumption like you.
Was following him, theres a wide corner behind my old school thats 90 degrees, he tries to slide the car out keep his foot planted, even before he turned in i new the result he was gonna hit the gutter on the other side, he was a driving a FWD Auto KF Laser, b entering the corner way too fast.
He was lucky that it turned enough so the side of the car just hit the gutter and it bounced back otherwise front on would of sent him thru someone's back fence.
Lucky there wasn't any major damage done, just some major gutter rash new wheel alignment and a very bruised ego.
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i always thought of myself as an unskilled driver, being reckless under a controlled environment and using extreme caution while doing so. might sound dumb but i recon it's the best way to learn, that and having unlimited exprience on a free open road. but i dun know ne roads like that where i can test shit out so....

neway, i wasnt doing rediculous speeds. i just over estimated my car i guess, i thought it would have enuf traction. it wasnt even a corner, it was just a light bend. not sure if it's bald tyres, worn shockers, extra passenger weight (1 person) or obviously the rain.... probably was a combination of both but neway the car lost traction unexpectedly and it started sliding. i lost control and didnt know what to do, couldnt do nething about it!

all in all damage was minimum no1 was hurt, but it feels like i just got my heart broken from a special girl or something. hurts you mentally so bad~~!!! i hit the brakes, i geared down and turned her nose slightly. im thinking, even though it was only a slight turn, in weather conditions like that i went a few k's too many.

ps thx for not calling me a dikhead etc etc.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:04

might sound dumb but i recon it's the best way to learn, that and having unlimited exprience on a free open road.

Take an advanced drivers course if you want to learn to drive hard in the wet. Worse you can hit is witches hats. Take it off the streets and next time you wont hit poles...

Sound smarter?
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or find an empty carpark *well lit* and just do some low level driving practice in the wet at night... Wink
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 02:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much does that cost?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZZT231 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:09

Or find an empty carpark *well lit* and just do some low level driving practice in the wet at night... Wink

No. Stay off our Coles carparks. We got enough hoons trying out their skills already. I can't work one overnight shift sometimes without worrying about my car getting slid into (hence why I park at the very corner of the carpark sometimes).

An advanced drivers course isn't that expensive. I'm assuming you have insurance on your car. Your insurance company should have courses every few weeks or so for around $200-300?
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are they fun initial d courses or learn how to drive courses?
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 02:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:15

Rolling Eyes Learn to drive courses. Learn the limits of your car and learn how to control it.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 12:15

More likely theyll just ram into you that P-platers are the devil and throw copies of the daily telegraph at you or something

[Updated on: Tue, 14 June 2005 02:22]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

...it wasnt even a corner, it was just a light bend...

I find corners easier to predict than light bends... if it's an actual corner you will be doing far lower speeds and there is a definite area where the car is likely to lose traction if it is going to do so. A light bend means you are going faster and is more difficult to get the exact speed correct. Also, if you hit a puddle midway though it then you're stuffed because.
Celica_John
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey guyz,

i just ran my car into a pole, feeling like the biggest shit. it's the worse feeling, my first ever collision and yes im on my p's. feels just like i came out of a long term full on serious relationship with a chick, not sure what is worse having ur heart broken or destroying ur car.

story: queen's birthday, raining night. felt like testing my skills, apparently i had none.

There's more to life.
Life's too short to be worrying about crap like this. Learn from it and move on.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I forgot to add... PICSORBAN
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 14 June 2005 04:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats unlucky.. would like to see some pics though. hard luck budy always sucks to see a celica go down. Crying or Very Sad Crying or Very Sad
DenZel
Regular

January 2004
    -
Re: jo's celica collision Fri, 17 June 2005 06:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ah well..that sucks dude....i crashed my hella good condition ra23 through someones fence on the first day i got my p's!
ruin 2 15inch rims and 2 panels

sideways around the corner didnt work out at 90km

luky i only got a cuation for wreckless driving

but tis all an experience, youll get it over it im sure!
J-AE86
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: jo's celica collision Fri, 17 June 2005 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
xolent wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 03:14

Well I crashed my first car by testing my skills in the rain Smile Smile

I did this on a corner with bald tyres and an island with those really strong yellow poles, unfortunately I forgot about the island (this was a area I knew very well; infront of my high school).

Well atleast I learnt something, stepping on the accelerator only speeds up the understeer Smile

P.S; pole was bent about 30 degrees, whilst my front bumper was snapped in 2 pieces, bonnet bent, guards and bonnet were squashed in.

when understeering pull the e-brake ! right there ! you see it, just like this!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Fri, 17 June 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Tue, 14 June 2005 10:04

i always thought of myself as an unskilled driver, being reckless under a controlled environment and using extreme caution while doing so.

youve just said your reckless, but use caution when doing so?

i am confused, i beleive this is an oxymoron.

What did your parents have to say aboot your car, and how bad is the damage?

Eldar.O.
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: jo's celica collision Sat, 18 June 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

i thought it would have enuf traction. it wasnt even a corner, it was just a light bend. not sure if it's bald tyres, worn shockers, extra passenger weight (1 person) or obviously the rain.... probably was a combination of both but neway the car lost traction unexpectedly and it started sliding. i lost control and didnt know what to do, couldnt do nething about it!

all in all damage was minimum no1 was hurt, but it feels like i just got my heart broken from a special girl or something. hurts you mentally so bad~~!!! i hit the brakes, i geared down and turned her nose slightly. im thinking, even though it was only a slight turn, in weather conditions like that i went a few k's too many.

ps thx for not calling me a dikhead etc etc.

Sorry to hear your car got damaged.
Sorry if this offends you but you are a DICKHEAD read the bold underlined parts of your post.Your driving a car with bad shocks,bald tires and driving faster then you should be in the weather conditions.This is the sort of thing that is making the government ban certain cars for 'P' plate drivers.I will not rant on about the all the 'what if's',another car,Innocent pedestrians.
My 2c worth.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Sat, 18 June 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

hey guyz,

PICTURES DAMNIT!!!!!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: jo's celica collision Sat, 18 June 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well for starters most advanced driver training courses or all that i know of will only let a p-plater do the entry level ones. Level 2 requires a full license. i did a level 1 course at easter creek on their skid pan, was a bit of fun and i learnt a lot, cost me nothing was a christmas present that i asked for. But 190 bucks for p-platers and 220 for a driver with a full license, not that bad considering it includes all food and drink for the day and there is plenty of time in both classroom and on the pan.
You do it in your own car which in some ways i think is better because you have to drive it out the gate and home again meaning, yay you can stop well in a perfect car but can you do it in your old shit box.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Sun, 19 June 2005 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
been there done that... fortunatly no damage more then confidence shattered into itty bitty pieces... was a V6 VR commodore, one late thursday night, wet roads, foggy windows (no AC, or heater) and one moron at the wheels, coming on to an on-ramp, decided to see just what i could do... (reckon you'd choose somewhere that wasn't coming onto highway, and wasn't surrounded by concrete walls) i didn't even feel the rear end step out, before i knew it, it was sliding, gradually, giving it a bit more oppy lock, kept the throttle right where it was, and more and more the rear kept going, no matter how much oppy lock i gave it.... before i know it, i've got a windscreen full of concrete wall... when i decided to give it all i had... full opposite lock, then it bit in, grabbed and spun me 180... across two lanes of empty road, and just lightly touched the center median strip, gathered my thoughts, then turned back around...

most surreal part of that... while i was sitting there, i noticed the radio going, hadn't skipped a beat, kinda pissed me off that it didn't atleast jump, my heart sure was in my mouth...
4DaDrift
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: jo's celica collision Sun, 19 June 2005 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
didnt damage anyone elses property or hurt anyone ?
then its a lesson and not a fuck up and oyu should be glad thats the case
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only thing I hurt was my confidence... got the smallest amount of gutter rash... FUCKEN lucky i say...
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
relax Hi-Ace,

you'll be glad to know that this incidence did not affect p platers the law or government in anyway etc etc etc. it was late at night, damange was minimal and no knows about it except for us. i admit i'm still young but atleast i've learnt an important lesson at a considerably small expense.

and how da f do i upload pictures on to this thing?

oh and yes, car's at the garage getting new shockers and tyres fitted.
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reckless and cautious at the same time, you know like experimenting slowly. granted ur pushing the car but not all da way to the max, you drive normally and gradually increase the speed.

as for my parents, lets just say they needed to look twice to notice the indent the pole left on my car. they havent said much but u kinda know what they're thinking.
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
upload the pics to www.imageshack.us then use the links provided... put them in your post with the [ img] and [ /img] either side of the direct link to the image. (to get those image tags to show up i had to add a space after the square brackets... type them in without the space Wink).
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img154.echo.cx/img154/2605/35890354full8my.jpg
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 15:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 01:07

http://img154.echo.cx/img154/2605/35890354full8my.jpg

it'll buff right out no worries Laughing Laughing Laughing

is that your car dosent look like the one in your avatar??
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that's not the car you smashed is it? Surprised

it looks like it's been sitting there fucked up for ages.
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it is im sure the folks wont notice where you rubbed up against that pole Laughing Laughing

[Updated on: Mon, 20 June 2005 15:13]

Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Show us the real picture of your car dude.

That's not an ST162 unless its got a N/S engine configuration and a 6 cylinder...

And that front bar looks disturbingly like an *A70 item...
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i beleive hes worried, and that he barely scratched the paint, hes worried that we'll mock him...

mate, just chuck up some pics, the damage cant be all that bad!

Eldar.O.
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EldarO wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 01:46

i beleive hes worried, and that he barely scratched the paint, hes worried that we'll mock him...

mate, just chuck up some pics, the damage cant be all that bad!

Eldar.O.

Well no need to be shy. I'll show you mine, you show me yours..

Forgive the bad quality.. I don't have a scanner and this was taken wayyyy before digital cameras were affordable.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Yian/Picture4.jpg

Travelling along at 50km/h on Russel St, Melbourne, minding my own business. All of a sudden the Magna in the left lane, slightly in front of me, saw a parking spot on the median/centre bit on the street. Decided to proceed turning right without indicating, doing a head check nor slow down.

Moral of story: Supra = 1, Magna = 0 Razz Wrote the Magna off and destroyed the front of another car that was parked in the parking spot next to the one he was trying to get into...
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: jo's celica collision Mon, 20 June 2005 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 22:48

as for my parents, lets just say they needed to look twice to notice the indent the pole left on my car. they havent said much but u kinda know what they're thinking.

No other comments but your parents must be blind not to see the damage done to that car.

Yian, nothing wrong there, just a scratch.
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 21 June 2005 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know this is like really bad timing but, my car just got back from the garage and the indent on my car was knocked out. you can still slightly see the mark but, my friend did a really good job in fixing it up. again bad timing, you can either buy my story or say this guys full of shit from the beginning.

ok yian no shame, here's my pic!

http://img183.echo.cx/img183/3263/dscn27498yk.jpg
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 21 June 2005 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
crap i guess i spoke a lil bit too soon, at night when the flash is on the dent is alot more noticeable than i thought (couldnt see it as well during the day). you guyz know how to smoothen the surface out as close to new as possible? and how much that'll cost?

thanks
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 21 June 2005 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL mate, thats nothing Surprised You're laughing if you got away with just a little blemish like that.

No biggie apart from a slightly dented ego (which happens to everyone when they lose it and hit something).
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 21 June 2005 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
verbatim210 wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 01:01

crap i guess i spoke a lil bit too soon, at night when the flash is on the dent is alot more noticeable than i thought (couldnt see it as well during the day). you guyz know how to smoothen the surface out as close to new as possible? and how much that'll cost?

thanks

If you want fully cheap and dodgy, just sand it back yourself, get some body filler and make it smooth

then paint match it
you're sweet Razz
verbatim210
Regular

April 2005
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 21 June 2005 15:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u shoulda seen my face wen i saw this man, trust me b4 then i wasn't laughing... i thought it would cost like 2-400 bux to fix it up. heres my story:

after having learnt my lesson, i sent the car to the garage to get shockers + tires fitted. (brakes to be installed soon) the mechanic picks me up after work and hands over the keys, i was like... wot the fuck did you do???

what you're looking at is the scar. b4 my mechanic got a hammer and smacked it back out, it looked pretty nasty. think it's actually called a mallet though. the crazy bastard did it for free. today i am happy Very Happy
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 21 June 2005 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL you gotta love the mallet. Is there anything that a mallet can't do?

Yeah, if you wanted to you could straighten the rest out yourself. Its not too difficult. Good to learn too huh?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 21 June 2005 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 01:22

LOL you gotta love the mallet. Is there anything that a mallet can't do?

so true Laughing Laughing Laughing
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: jo's celica collision Tue, 21 June 2005 22:08 Go to previous message
verbatim210 wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 01:11

after having learnt my lesson, i sent the car to the garage to get shockers + tires fitted. (brakes to be installed soon)

you have no brakes no wonder you ran into the pole Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Anyone have trueno parts (h.lights/blinkers) for sale?
Next Topic:Lucky japanese
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 22:39:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098128318786621 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.