Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mithy
Regular

April 2005

WTB: st162 suspension n rear discs Mon, 20 June 2005 17:02 Go to next message
just sending a note out in case anyone has any spare or anything:

Im after lowered (king) springs and new shocks. I understand some people buy the springs, then prefer superlows and have their old springs spare. I would be interested in these for sure. The shocks i got atm are starting to leak a little.. could really do with replacing.. handling is a bitch >_< Pretty much new only for these, if anyone has any?

and the stock rear discs/caliper setup. I have drums and i refuse to put rims on before i put discs on the rear as i believe it looks really pathetic wen u can see ugly drums behind nice rims. Razz So if anyone has the stock rear disc brake setup, i'd lurvvee it Wink

This is all a bit of a long shot, so if nothing comes up i won't be surprised. but hey, Thanks anyway! Very Happy
  Send a private message to this user    
matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: WTB: st162 suspension n rear discs Mon, 20 June 2005 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey man just so you know, the ST model ST162's (with rear drums) have a 4 bolt stud pattern (4x100) and the SX models with rear discs have a 5 bolt pattern. So if you fit rear discs from an SX to your car you will have 5 bolt hubs at the rear and 4 bolt ones at the front. So you will need to change the front brakes over as well to match.

Sawpping the hubs and discs from an SX to an ST is possible, guys on celicatech.com (in the US) have done it.

-Matt
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: WTB: st162 suspension n rear discs Tue, 21 June 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a complete SX 5 stud and brake setup, for front and rear including rotors and capilers. its not that hard to do the transformation. PM me if you are interested.

Karl
mithy
Regular

April 2005

Re: WTB: st162 suspension n rear discs Fri, 24 June 2005 09:03 Go to previous message
yea matt... that's an unfortunate byproduct.. especially considering a lot of nice rims come in 4 stud but not 5 stud... but it must be done! Razz

warrior-u hav PM
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ma61 left fog light/indicator mount
Next Topic:WTB 3TGTE complete with loom, and computer
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 01:01:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0054378509521484 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.