Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » gold coast workshops - who's good?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Blood Child
Newcomer

June 2005
gold coast workshops - who's good? Mon, 20 June 2005 12:17 Go to next message
My car is currently in toowoomba at a mate's place gettin a few homejob repairs done, but it's taking too long, as i need it on the road by mid-july.
i'm considering transporting it down here to the gold coast where i live and putting it in somewhere to get all the work done for the roadworthy.
i have been told that M&N up in labrador is pretty good, but i thought i should ask around here for your opinions before i commit to anything.
basically i would really like to have it at least roadworthy by the end of this month, and registered well before the 22nd of july, when i get my licence back.
please have a look at my photobucket via the link in my signature to see the extent of the damage before commenting.

i had a guy around to give me a quote on the weekend, and he told me that my firewall had been popped out a bit or something, therefore it was gonna cost me about a grand to get it straightened out and have the firewall fixed too.

any comments on my project or recommendations of honest, quality workshops or options for getting it fixed down this way would be greatly appreciated

thanks - Dwayne

http://photobucket.com/albums/y122/11racer11/Sprin ter/
  Send a private message to this user    
munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Tue, 21 June 2005 01:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
harveys is good but expensive.

southport smash is susposed to be good (mate at toyota recomends them)

Daniel.
Blood Child
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Tue, 21 June 2005 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks munki. anyone else?
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Tue, 21 June 2005 08:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Subzero in Labrador ?
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Wed, 22 June 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone know a good auto electrition on the coast..

if possible one that does house calls so i dont have to get it towed some wer jsut to get a quote
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Wed, 22 June 2005 07:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.wolfwood wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 17:43

if possible one that does house calls so i dont have to get it towed some wer jsut to get a quote

What needs doing?
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Wed, 22 June 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
um i got a short some were and wires behind turbo all got burn and needs to be replaced as well as some tidy up inside the cabben
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Wed, 22 June 2005 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.wolfwood wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 18:51

um i got a short some were and wires behind turbo all got burn and needs to be replaced as well as some tidy up inside the cabben

sounds like a bad earth, shanes speciality Wink
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Wed, 22 June 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer maybe + i ned to get engine bay rewired, some of it and the loom inside the cabine needs to be fixed as well as i got 2 fues boxes and i dont think i need them both, so yer know any good shops on the coast???
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Wed, 22 June 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep, I think Phil hit the head on the nail. I'd say you have a bad earth Very Happy
Send me a PM mate, I might be able to help you out.
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Fri, 24 June 2005 18:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
.wolfwood wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 17:43

What sort of car? Im an auto elec on the coast.
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Sat, 25 June 2005 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its a ae86
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Sat, 25 June 2005 02:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
another thing too mate i dont know of any auto elecs who will go to your house to give a quote. There is usually call out fees involved. Your better off getting it towed
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Sat, 25 June 2005 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yer its to expensive to get it towned, i already had a couple od ppl out to look at the car. i said for them to go ahead and then they say i will start next week so i ring them up and they give me some bs about being to busy and they cant start for another month or so. fucking pricks
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Sat, 25 June 2005 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
where are you located?
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Sat, 25 June 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
willowvale...
exit 49 the one past commera BP if your heading towards brisbane
BansheeBuzz
Regular

January 2003
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Sat, 25 June 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you where closer id pop out for a look but unfortunatly im at mudgeeraba exit 79, so thats 30k's south from you
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Sat, 25 June 2005 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh bugger
thanks anyways
.wolfwood
Regular

February 2005
Re: gold coast workshops - who's good? Sun, 26 June 2005 03:36 Go to previous message
anyone else know of any auto electritions on the coast????
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:HELP!! :(
Next Topic:Help needed to reset stereo security pin 4 a Toyota Echo
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:42:56 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0064489841461182 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.