Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Help needed..Dull spots in paint need to be fixed!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
High Roller
Occasional Poster

December 2004
Help needed..Dull spots in paint need to be fixed! Tue, 21 June 2005 10:04 Go to next message
Hey everyone,

i need some help...last long weekend i sprayed my bumpers on my corolla from black to white (colour coded). The bumpers look great, and i'm very happy with the results. However, after doing the job, i have become addicted to spraying, and have a hankering to respray a few small parts on the car that need to be done.

Basically, i think that the person that owned the car before me might have attempted to spray a few small parts on the door near the lock, and near the fuel filler. While the repair paint job is straight...the paint is dull, and the lack of gloss is very noticable when looking at the car in the light. My question is..what can i do to make these dull parts glossy and nice again, matching the rest of the car?

Can i just clean up the dull spots and give a coat of clear or something? or will i have to sand the paint, give another one or two coats, and then buff it? What can i do? I just want it to match and look nice.

Please help!!

Thanks everyone
  Send a private message to this user    
RA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Help needed..Dull spots in paint need to be fixed! Tue, 21 June 2005 12:54 Go to previous message
Go buy some buffing compound and give it a rub first. That should bring it up. I can recommend polyglaze cut and polish. It's cheap and gave me a better gloss than re-po and kitten, plus it comes with a sponge Razz

Buff an area for 10 mins or so and se how it looks.

Tim.
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WA race track
Next Topic:I hate impulse buys - opinions on this audio setup
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 1 03:43:39 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048308372497559 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.