Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sun, 24 October 2004 23:17 Go to next message
We've thought about this before (even advertising it briefly once or twice Rolling Eyes ), but have decided it's time to "move on" (in a financial sense).

So, the Cress is up for sale. This time, however, it will remain so until sold.
Specs etc can be found at http://www.itplanet.net.au/Cressida/Final_update_S eptember_2004.htm and, include:
1989 MX83 Cressida GLX
Healthy 1UZ-FE engine conversion (produced 153RWKW at CCG dyno-day 24/10/2004).
A340E 4-speed auto
HSV 330mm slotted rotors/VX-VY calipers front, slotted rotors rear
Koni yellow shocks and struts, with Kings variable rate lowering springs all-round
Autronic SMC engine management (engine) factory management (transmission)
LSD
17" mags with new Yokohama ES100 tyres
JVC head unit with in-dash MP3 capable CD player controlling a JVC 12-stack MP3 capable unit (in the boot), 640W amp, 10-inch sub and 6 premium-quality speakers. (Remote controlled).
Usual features such as R134A regassed A/C, cruise control, power windows/mirrors/steering, electric sunroof etc.
We have effectively got the car as far as we're prepared to take it, although it obviously has plenty of potential left. Everything works as it should, and the car is an absolute pleasure to drive. Both interior and exterior present extremely well (car appears to have been Canberra-based for most of it's "life" and is therefore rust free). Velour interior (blue) is virtually un-marked. Carpets are in excellent condition (protected by foot mats).
Naturally, a remote central-locking alarm/immobiliser system is fitted.
Vehicle is engineered for engine, brakes, suspension, wheels and tow-bar...

Car will be sold with a number of spares including original 15" rims, "spare" 2.5" cat-back exhaust section, OEM air-box etc.

We are looking for the best reasonable offer. We are negotiable but would ask that potential buyers consider what it would cost to build in parts alone, before making offers.

If you're interested, please take a look at the above-linked web-site, as there is a plethora of information/pictures etc available there. If, after viewing the above, you are genuinely interested, please email biased99@hotmail.com

Thanks for looking.

[Updated on: Thu, 09 June 2005 08:45]

Send a private message to this user    
boj01
Regular

August 2003
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Mon, 25 October 2004 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your link doesn't work!
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Mon, 25 October 2004 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boj01 wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 12:06

Your link doesn't work!

Works OK for me...
dixie
Occasional Poster

October 2004
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Sun, 31 October 2004 04:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
boj01 wrote on Mon, 25 October 2004 12:06

Your link doesn't work!
Works fine for me too. Great car - mine looks as good, but is totally stock standard.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Tue, 02 November 2004 23:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still for sale, and looking for offers.

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Tue, 23 November 2004 01:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==bump==

Will "throw the car open" to offers, prior to putting it in the Trading Post.

If anyone is after something like this, or has been considering doing such a project, this is a great opportunity to get into a well-sorted vehicle at reasonable cost.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Thu, 06 January 2005 01:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==

Car must be sold, so I am open to (reasonable) offers. The Canberra guys (and those who've seen it at the 'Nats/Lextreme meet etc) can attest to it's condition.

Would prefer it go to an enthusiast, but will probably advertise it in more "mainstream" publications if no interest soon.
davedrifts
Regular

Banned User

September 2004
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Fri, 07 January 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dang i want this car real bad but A. I dont have the money and B. cant have v8's on p's :(Sad
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Wed, 12 January 2005 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
(Time to get the views to over 1000, still without any kind of serious offer... Rolling Eyes )
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Sun, 23 January 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==

Pics added.

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/468585-thumb.jpg

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/468595-thumb.jpg

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/468596-thumb.jpg

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/468592-thumb.jpg

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/468602-thumb.jpg

http://private.carsales.com.au/photos/468605-thumb.jpg

Must sell, so open to offers.

Full advert at http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2116865&current_r ec=1&total_rec=36&sort_type=&make_id=8 &model_id=90&state_id=-1&search_distan ce=25
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Mon, 24 January 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Tue, 25 January 2005 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==

Still looking for offers. Am negotiable to a point.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Wed, 26 January 2005 20:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
Still for sale, no interest whatsoever yet...
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Thu, 27 January 2005 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
=BUMP=
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Fri, 28 January 2005 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
davedrifts wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 14:52

Dang i want this car real bad but A. I dont have the money and B. cant have v8's on p's :(Sad

Nothing has happened except for current affair hype yet..
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale Fri, 28 January 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bananaman wrote on Fri, 28 January 2005 16:04

davedrifts wrote on Fri, 07 January 2005 14:52

Nothing has happened except for current affair hype yet..

Hasn't the law been passed already and being brought in in march or close ?
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sun, 30 January 2005 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
Still for sale, did the usual 5000km oil and filter service over the w/end.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Mon, 31 January 2005 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Thu, 03 February 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 05 June 2005 01:45]

Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Thu, 03 February 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 19:51

your asking 6 grand too much. darren off here has one that hes thinking off selling only differance is his has got good suspension work rims ect same engine conversion but also a torsen lsd (not sure if that included in the price) but hes only looking at 12 as a starting price. but if u can get 18 for urs im gona tell him to ask for 25! hahaahaahaha

good luck cause ur gona need it, not to bring u down but u cant cover ur costs by accounting 6k worth of labour into ur selling price if u get me?

Dude, have you clicked the link and checked out what has been done to this car? Probably not going by what you have written.

Obviously u dont intend to buy it, so keep your comments to yourself or PM the guy if you just want to give him your opinion.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Thu, 03 February 2005 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Thu, 03 February 2005 20:51

your asking 6 grand too much. darren off here has one that hes thinking off selling only differance is his has got good suspension work rims ect same engine conversion but also a torsen lsd (not sure if that included in the price) but hes only looking at 12 as a starting price. but if u can get 18 for urs im gona tell him to ask for 25! hahaahaahaha

good luck cause ur gona need it, not to bring u down but u cant cover ur costs by accounting 6k worth of labour into ur selling price if u get me?

I actually know Darren's car, and what has been done to it (Mine was the second 1UZ MX83 to be done after Darren's). I think even Darren would agree that, of the two cars, mine is actually more heavily modified. (Running $1700 worth of Autronic engine-management for starters).

Perhaps you could keep your clueless comments to yourself??? (Just a suggestion).

(Thanks for the bump, BTW).

As for the rest of the Toymods community, I am dropping the price to $16,500. Those who know the car will agree this is a reasonable price for what's been done to the car. Those who don't know the car, or can't be bothered reading the specs above (or clicking the link and reading the web-site write-up), please refrain from giving us your "informed" opinions of what the car should be sold for. *Points to post above* Rolling Eyes

domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Fri, 04 February 2005 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 07:06

==BUMP==

i was merely refering to this comment here. it more like hes clueless as to why no one is interested i was simply pointing out that his price was too high.

btw most of what i have said is just repeated by someone else who knows a hell of alot more about these cars and this type of conversion.

thankyou
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Fri, 04 February 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
domasik wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 11:35

biased99 wrote on Thu, 27 January 2005 07:06

==BUMP==

i was merely refering to this comment here. it more like hes clueless as to why no one is interested i was simply pointing out that his price was too high.

btw most of what i have said is just repeated by someone else who knows a hell of alot more about these cars and this type of conversion.

thankyou

I'd be keen to find out who it is who apparently "knows a hell of alot more about these cars and this type of conversion" lol.

If they can replicate my conversion (with everything which has been done to mine) for $12K, tell them from me they're welcome to try. (Including purchasing the car).
manmx83
Regular

July 2004
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Tue, 15 February 2005 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump Smile
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Tue, 15 February 2005 23:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
biased99 wrote on Fri, 04 February 2005 11:36

If they can replicate my conversion (with everything which has been done to mine) for $12K, tell them from me they're welcome to try. (Including purchasing the car).

Didn't that silver Grande with the BHG go for $1,000? I'd reckon the conversion wouldn't cost $11k...

But that's just my opinion.

Matt

(Waiting for you to drop your price a little more before I'm interested)
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Wed, 16 February 2005 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
free bump. its a nice car and deserves a good home. Smile

g/l with the sale!
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Wed, 16 February 2005 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dynomatt wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 07:02

Didn't that silver Grande with the BHG go for $1,000? I'd reckon the conversion wouldn't cost $11k...

Yeah, in fairyland.

You are forgetting the suspension, brakes, wheels, tyres, tuning, ecu, etc etc etc.

And besides that fact, $1000 for a BHG MX83 is well below normal prices.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Wed, 16 February 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
CrUZsida wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 13:49

dynomatt wrote on Wed, 16 February 2005 07:02

Yeah, in fairyland.

You are forgetting the suspension, brakes, wheels, tyres, tuning, ecu, etc etc etc.

And besides that fact, $1000 for a BHG MX83 is well below normal prices.

Too true!

Dynomatt,
If you're interested in the car, arrange to have a look at it, then see what you think it's worth. I'm a firm believer that a genuinely interested person who looks at the car will get a better understanding of what has gone into getting it to where it's at, and will consequently be able to see reasonable value in what we're asking.

The car has been driven in all conditions (incl. a couple of track days) to ensure that the modifications we've made are completely up to scratch and are reliable. It has never been drag-raced, or thrashed generally. It will happily commute to and from work in traffic, cruise on a Sat. night (if that's your thing), keep more-fancied cars honest in "spirited" driving, and is the kind of thing you can jump into and drive 1000kms a day in, and get out feeling OK. Basically, just what we were after. It was done right from the get go, and we've been religious with servicing the car every 5000kms since. Apart from the track days, we have seldom driven it hard. It has travelled approx. 26000kms total since the conversion (which was completed around September 2002). The majority of other components (suspension/wheels/tyres/brakes/stereo etc) have been added within the last 15000kms.

So, as I said, if you ARE interested, at least have a look. You can always say "I don't think it's worth what you're asking" afterwards, although I doubt you will...
dynomatt
Regular

May 2004
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Wed, 16 February 2005 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You've made fair comments.

To be honest, I think I'll be happy with either the UZS131 or the LS400. Both very different to what you have for sale I acknowledge that, but both priced differently as well...which is attractive.

I understand you've put a lot of time and money into the car...and that's great. I personally wouldn't get the value out of it I suspect.

But thanks for the offer. I don't live in Canberra anymore, otherwise I WOULD have been around to look at it.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Matt

[Updated on: Wed, 16 February 2005 04:27]

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sun, 06 March 2005 04:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==

Price reduced to $15500 ONO.

Have had one or two people express interest, but no serious offers yet. Showed it to one bloke last week, but I assume he found something else, as he didn't even bother 'phoning back to say he wasn't interested... Rolling Eyes

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sat, 04 June 2005 23:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==

Car is still for sale, and have had no (genuine) interest as yet. Will sell to the first reasonable offer.

Those who know the car can vouch for it's condition, and what has been spent on it. Unlike some others, this particular car hasn't been regularly thrashed (in fact, has not been driven much at all in the last 6 months or so).

Please 'phone me on 0402898777 or email biased99@hotmail.com if genuinely interested. I firmly believe that the first person (who actually has money to spend Confused ) who sees and drives the car will buy it.

[Updated on: Sat, 04 June 2005 23:49]

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sat, 04 June 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
(Sorry, double post)

[Updated on: Sat, 04 June 2005 23:48]

biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Mon, 06 June 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==

Needs to be kept at the top of the forums until sold.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Wed, 08 June 2005 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Thu, 09 June 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP== (Updated asking price to B.R.O)
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sat, 11 June 2005 03:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
zorro
Regular

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sat, 11 June 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is certainly sucks when you spend a shit load on a car and get bugger all back when you try to sell it. Done that once on a jap car never again. This time I done up a muscle car and after spending $8,000 (including the car) I sold it for $14,000!!
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sun, 12 June 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Tue, 14 June 2005 11:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Wed, 15 June 2005 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still for sale...
croozer
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Wed, 15 June 2005 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude I know where your comming from.. I have a TA22 for sale and I'm not going to get any where near what it owes me *sigh* such is life with modifying a car.

Good luck, there will be someone who knows what they are looking at and will snap it up.

Yet another free bump for such a unique car.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Thu, 16 June 2005 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sun, 19 June 2005 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==

Took the car for a spin yesterday (250km round trip)...As usual, performed faultlessly (and really DOES have some get up and go!). Whoever (eventually) buys this car will be getting something that, with reasonable car and attention, will last 10+ years without drama. All in all, a top car which we are only selling as it is now surplus to requirements (and our financial goals lay in other directions).

If this is he kind of car/project you (or someone you know) is considering, give me a call.
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Tue, 21 June 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
==BUMP==
Still for sale...
on_b00st
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Tue, 21 June 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I like this car..although I already have a cressida, plus i don't have the money to buy it....but it deserves two =BUMPS= on the same day in my opinion Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2005 09:58]

PAC BUILT RX3 ( BCNYA )
Newcomer

June 2005
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Tue, 21 June 2005 13:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate are u interested in a swap + cash adjustment?
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Wed, 22 June 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PAC BUILT RX3 ( BCNYA ) wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 23:01

Mate are u interested in a swap + cash adjustment?

Sorry mate, but no. (Been asked that one a couple of times actually) We're only selling as we need the $ more than the car. (Don't need another car).

Thanks anyway.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Thu, 23 June 2005 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What price are you at now?

$15500 yeah?
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Thu, 23 June 2005 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 12:08

What price are you at now?

$15500 yeah?

No, a bit less than that...(ie. we are negotiable)
menace
Regular

June 2005
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Thu, 23 June 2005 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

My brother is after something like that.

Could you email me with the current offer you have?

ucb05t@hotmail.com
biased99
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: V8 Cressida up for sale - Now with pics and ad-link. Sat, 25 June 2005 13:02 Go to previous message
menace wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 03:59

Hi,

My brother is after something like that.

Could you email me with the current offer you have?

ucb05t@hotmail.com

Email sent...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Toyota Celica GT4 GT-Four 1990 Tough street car.
Next Topic:Cefiro drift car
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 19:49:19 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098319053649902 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.