Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 1J Hydrolic water pump jzx81?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
1J Hydrolic water pump jzx81? Tue, 21 June 2005 23:12 Go to next message
Hi all

it would appear my water pump is on its way out. i phoned a mate at spare parts in toyota about getting another one. he says the jzx81 lists a hydrolic water pump and is over the $1100 mark. he says there is another pump that jzz30 soarers of the same vintage use which is none hydrolic and is only $200.

he said he has heard of other guys changing to the $200 from hydrolic, has any one had experience with this.

any help is appreciated

shane.
  Send a private message to this user    
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: 1J Hydrolic water pump jzx81? Tue, 21 June 2005 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few guys on here have done it.

If you search this you will find plenty of info.
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1J Hydrolic water pump jzx81? Tue, 21 June 2005 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i searched but didnt find the required info skip.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1J Hydrolic water pump jzx81? Tue, 21 June 2005 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you currently using the hydraulic fan? If so you need another hydraulic pump, or else switch to electric fans.

If you go the non-hydraulic route you can use a water pump from a TT JZA80 Supra; it doesn't have any of the hydraulic crap and it fits on a 1JZ.

Oh and if you do want a hydraulic pump I have one for sale - it came off my Aristo 2JZ-GTE and is in excellent condition.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 1J Hydrolic water pump jzx81? Wed, 22 June 2005 00:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norbie wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 09:47

Are you currently using the hydraulic fan? If so you need another hydraulic pump, or else switch to electric fans.

If you go the non-hydraulic route you can use a water pump from a TT JZA80 Supra; it doesn't have any of the hydraulic crap and it fits on a 1JZ.

Oh and if you do want a hydraulic pump I have one for sale - it came off my Aristo 2JZ-GTE and is in excellent condition.

And if you want to start a bidding war with norbie, I also have a hydraulic pump for sale (ex JZZ30 1jzgte) lol Razz

Cheers
Wilbo
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1J Hydrolic water pump jzx81? Wed, 22 June 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And if you get a non-hydraulic you need a new pulley which can be expensive. I got mine from Gianttomato who had it made.

Also need new fan belt.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 00:10]

1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: 1J Hydrolic water pump jzx81? Wed, 22 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well what a head fug.

basically, when under load my water temp is rising from 90 to 99 degrees which it never did until last week end, that reading is of the microtech dash, the standard temp guage doesnt move at all.

i have flushed the radiator and put in new coolant, i was hoping it may have been a piece of crap in the water. i mean i can turn the water temp alarm up higher on the microtech, but obviously it a worry in the back of the mind.

so to go none hydrolic

how much would i be looking at $$$$ wise for the pulley, pump fan and associated bits?

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 00:50]

Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: 1J Hydrolic water pump jzx81? Wed, 22 June 2005 00:51 Go to previous message
Have you checked thermostat? That is supposed to be fully open at 92 so if it isn't then temp will go up.

Also, Chaser/cressida radiators tend to get blocked on the outer rows. You can pull radiator out and put hot water through it when it is cold and touch the bottom of the rows to see if they all warm up or if any are blocked.

I would do this first before swapping water pumps.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:General Toyota diff dimension question
Next Topic:Handbrake stall?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 11:42:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0036740303039551 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.