Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Fuel system on 1G Tue, 21 June 2005 02:11 Go to next message
Hi. I am currently using a 7M-GE fuel pump with my gen3 1G-GTE.
I have put on a tdo5h and was wondering what to do with the fuel system. Would the fuel pump max out before the injectors, or vise versa? I was considering a 1JZ-GTE pump. I'm only looking for 180kw atw to 200max.

Also, on a slightly different topic, is it true that toyota ecu's are locked - in other words you can't tune them on the dyno as u can for Nissans??
  Send a private message to this user    
indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Fuel system on 1G Tue, 21 June 2005 02:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im pretty sure theres a few 1gs running on stock fuel managment that have around 150-60 kw so i presume another 20 wouldnt hurt but dont quote me on it though

and as far as ive heard the toyota ecus are all locked cant do shite with it damn
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fuel system on 1G Tue, 21 June 2005 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just get a Walbro 255 jobbie.

They are only $180post from Importbitz.
And then you can be confident.

If you are AT ALL worried, its not worth the worry to save the $$$
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Fuel system on 1G Tue, 21 June 2005 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm looking for a fuel pump for mine too atm it's just stock, but i'd like to work it later, i was gonna go a Bosch (?) VL turbo pump... $150 from repco... reckon the walbro item would be better?
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah may as well go the walbro and be sure. But how bout the injectors - can they support the sort of power im after?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Walbro would be a good set and forget sort of thing. If you do go the VL route, apparently the VL pump flows the exact same amount, but costs less.
hickoz_bro
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so i'm not gonna run into problems (on modest power) with the VL pump?

also.. anyone know a aluminum fabricator around the south brisbane area? need a surge tank made up, one that mounts under the car, thus need brackets on the top... or can i just buy a tank with out brackets, and get someone to weld them where i want them?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 01:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 10:38

Walbro would be a good set and forget sort of thing. If you do go the VL route, apparently the VL pump flows the exact same amount, but costs less.

A stock VL turbo pump pumps 255L/hr? That seems like way over kill for a car that only has about 150kw standard.
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you need bigger injectors i think 7mgte injectors are a direct fit
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 01:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just realised thats worded bad. Apparently the VL standard pump is rated same as VL Turbo but without Turbo price tag.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aah gotcha Smile

Also, you will need some sort of fuel controller to trim off fuel if you run 7m 440's.

Normal 1g injectors are between 210 &245cc aren't they? That means they can flow around 250hp at the flywheel. So if you want more power than that, get some 7m 440's.
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hickoz_bro wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 11:13

also.. anyone know a aluminum fabricator around the south brisbane area? need a surge tank made up

Don't know any in the Brisbane area, but if you're willing to drive to the Gold Coast I know a guy who does awesome work. Look up Butler Metalcraft.
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That figure seems too bloody low for the injectors. By all accounts, they are 295cc which would match them up with 7MGE injectors which they are supposed to be the same as.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 03:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 11:03

That figure seems too bloody low for the injectors. By all accounts, they are 295cc which would match them up with 7MGE injectors which they are supposed to be the same as.

With Gen3's the same as gen2 7MGE 315cc green tops?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 03:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd assume so, but are the 7MGE ones high-impedence? If so, according to Dr. Ed, they flow the same, but are rated at different pressures.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Between the 295cc and 315cc.

295 is low impedance and rated @ 255kPa, 315 is high impedance and rated @ 290kPa

EDIT: Bits added

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 03:22]

CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, and bumping the 295cc injector to 290kPa would yield 335cc

So no, they aren't the same (unless there is a wierd formula I am missing...)
sagluren
Regular

May 2005

Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Out of my experience i would stray away from the vl vl Turbs fuel pump, i have had nothing but problems with two now and i would have to go something different. Don't ask me what as i don't really know but just wanted to let you know that i have had some problems with them.

Defect.
thomasbl
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just for the record. the "vl turbo" pump is the same pump that is used in vl's injected vk's and some camira models. Ask for a turbo pump and you will pay more but get the same thing.
Darkstar
Regular

January 2004
Re: Fuel system on 1G Wed, 22 June 2005 21:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So gen3's have 295cc or 315cc injectors??
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: Fuel system on 1G Thu, 23 June 2005 00:46 Go to previous message
If they are Green top, 13.8ohm injectors, chances are they are 315cc's
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fitting Lock-Rite Diff For MX83
Next Topic:AE86 ADM S type diff ratio (standard)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 09:11:15 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0090842247009277 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.