Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Celica + T-18 diffs (panhard rods)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Celica + T-18 diffs (panhard rods) Wed, 22 June 2005 09:22 Go to next message
hey im after a adjustable panhard rod but i spoke to whiteline and they dont have T-18s down as manufacturing them for T-18s only celicas, so i was wondering if any T series celica rear ends use the same size panhard rods

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 09:24]

Send a private message to this user    
ChuckLandwehr
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Celica + T-18 diffs (panhard rods) Wed, 22 June 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi man, a mate of mine bought a TA22, that was fitted with a T18 rear end. We had to pull it out because the upper control arms were belting the body, before the bump stops made contact. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

The whole assembly was about 50mm wider than the TA22 setup, so I suppose an adjustable panhard rod for a TA22, or RA23 might work.

If the bar is too short, you could always get the mounting point on the axle housing cut off and relocated.

A better option, is to measure what you have on the T18, and take the measurements to your local suspension shop.

cheers Chuck.
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Celica + T-18 diffs (panhard rods) Wed, 22 June 2005 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi mate, unfortunatly i dont know much about t-18's in general, however i do have a later model t-18 in my sprinter, it has sway bar mounts stock if that gives u an idea of what it came out of.
More to the point, i had a whiteline adjustable panhard rod on my stock sprinter diff, and this fit perfectly onto the t18 diff. Truenosedan can get them for $120ish to ur door, or try whiteline again. But i definitly had one for a sprinter and it fits perfectly on the t18, so i dont see why this wouldnt suit ur car also.

Chris
September_Squall
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Celica + T-18 diffs (panhard rods) Wed, 22 June 2005 15:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ask for part number ###-011 to suit AE86 Sprinter. TA22 bar is too short... or long... can't remember but it's definately not the same.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 15:31]

ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: Celica + T-18 diffs (panhard rods) Thu, 23 June 2005 07:48 Go to previous message
great ill order one for a spinter, i rang whiteling and they said they could make one if i measured everything so i did but i havent got back to them yet so ill just order a sprinter one i got a quote from my sisters bf for $100 but thanks chrisellis. thanks for helping everyone.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:3sgte rumbling noise
Next Topic:A few questions concerning MA70
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 04:05:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004302978515625 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.