Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » How much does a ST205 go for these days?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
How much does a ST205 go for these days? Fri, 09 July 2004 18:20 Go to next message
Hi guys

Tossing up selling my Aust delivered ST205 GroupA and was wondering how much they go for these days? The car is mechanically in good condition, paints a bit rough and the leather seats have seen better days but nothing worse than you would normally see in a car thats done 180k km. The cars standard except for a 2.5" downpipe which was installed as i was going to do the whole exhaust but the money had to be spent else where before it got done (still got all the stock parts). It has been stock the rest of its life . Ive had it 2 years and in that time I've replaced the brakes, clutch, tyres, all the hoses, water pump, timing belt etc.. basically all the shitty pain in the ass things to work on in a GT4 Smile Serviced every 5000km with fully synthetic oil etc

Anyways, that ended up sounding more like an ad.. so if anyones interested...

Send a private message to this user    
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Sat, 10 July 2004 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seeing its an aussie delivered one - ive seen these go recently for over 25K

There is demand for them - being so rare - you just have to find a person willing to pay for the car that deserves it ..

if its cleaned up ( ie get it a littlew tidier if the paints ratty) - youll get more interest + seeing its got a good recent service hostory that would help too Smile

good luck with the sale - id like one - but already have a stove-hot St185 in the process thats nearly costing me as much as a semi stock st205!

bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Sat, 10 July 2004 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it wouldnt take too much to clean up (hehe i probaly shouldnt have said that on here Rolling Eyes ), if I could get around $25k id part with it. Im still in too minds about it, while Ive spent so much time on it and love to drive it and would love to get so mods done, I just dont have the time and the money for it right now.. ohh well well see what happens I guess
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Sat, 10 July 2004 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally i say KEEP IT!

theres only 77 of them in australia i think - that are genuine " aussie delivered WRC " ones ..

yours being one of them

they ahve Oh so much potential too with a bit more tinkering Smile

do what you need to do and hang onto it !

If things go as they seem to - you wont EVER be able to import these cars from japan under 15 yr law
azmodai
Occasional Poster

May 2004

Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Tue, 10 August 2004 13:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If I had the money I would instantly purchase that ST205 off you, i'm driving an WRC ST204 at the moment, but the extra grunt of the 205 is worth the money.

What year is she?
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Tue, 10 August 2004 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1994, the only year they came out here Smile

If anyone wants it's it im still open to offers...will prolly keep it to the end of the year unless i get a good offer.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Wed, 11 August 2004 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
id say with such high kilometers that its probably not worth 25k
maybe 21k - 22k

turbo been serviced yet?
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Wed, 11 August 2004 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a list of new parts Ive put in it the last year or so for anyone thats interested (I have all the reciepts from Toyota for these parts)

-timing belt, idler pulleys, water pump + theromstat (im pretty sure we did some seals while we were down there too) @ 150k Km
-rear wheel bearings @175k Km
-fan belt (EDIT: fan belt! good one, id like to seem them fit a fan in there, should read accessory belt)
-clutch @ 170K km
-radiators been serviced + new radiator mounts
-both radiator hoses
-turbo coolant hoses
-all engine mounts
-all brake rotors and pads
-oil pump seal
-window seals and weather strips
-spark plugs and leads
-tyres
-power steering pump rebuilt

edit: Stereo
6" Pioneer splits(in stock mounting positions)
Alpine 4x75W Amp
Sony MDX-8970R minidisc deck
Have got the stock Pioneer double DIN CD/Cassette deck but its a bit flakey.Unfortunately the 6-stacker died.

The previous owner had the turbo done and put Koni shocks in it.
It doesn't use any oil and apparently a new block was put in it under warranty by toyota @ 90k Km according to the last owner.

It may have high kilometers but really there is nothing much that needs to be done to it for a while.

[Updated on: Wed, 11 August 2004 16:41]

Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Wed, 11 August 2004 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
garth - take in the rarity of the car and its pedigree - its still worth 25K easy.. theres probably less than 50 of these cars circulating the roads of oz for a genuine australian delivered one ( im not 100 % sure on the number that came to us in our allocation )

and the 3sgte , if well serviced + cared for shouldnt have many problems , regardless of KM's. they are as tough as nails - especially the gen3's ( solved the HG related issues with the gen 1 and 2 )

bergerac
Regular

February 2003
EOI: ST205? Tue, 28 September 2004 16:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump....anyone interested?
azmodai
Occasional Poster

May 2004

Re: EOI: ST205? Tue, 28 September 2004 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
still organising to buy this car
damn ANZ screwing me around!
Yeeehah
Regular

May 2002
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Wed, 29 September 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what's the torque split on these things?
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Wed, 29 September 2004 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
50/50 as far as i know. Viscous centre diff if i remember correctly?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Wed, 29 September 2004 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try this,
he may be interested,

Philip.Law@defence.gov.au

cheers mate
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Fri, 01 October 2004 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My brother would defintley be interested in this, But he was about to buy a ST205 same colour as yours in sydney, done 130,000KM, and it sold for $24,000. So if you are willing to accept a offer i will pass on your details to him, if you could send me a PM with your mobile number.

Ps....i would love to buy this car....but i just bought a 91 ST185 Group A Very Happy Sad
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Fri, 01 October 2004 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and i was just wondering, what number group A is this?

Thanks
Shane
Cool
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Fri, 01 October 2004 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The homologation plate got stolen tho Sad Toyota can confirm this with the VIN if necessary.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 October 2004 09:27]

wrxrara
Occasional Poster

January 2004
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Fri, 01 October 2004 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi man.... i am selling my one as well. have u sold your one?? is it hard to sale??
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Sat, 02 October 2004 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Still for sale, havent realy advertised it yet..
bemarc
Newcomer

June 2005

Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Wed, 22 June 2005 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gents I'm after a st205, are any of you near Sydney?

no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Wed, 22 June 2005 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Classique71 wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 17:56

garth - take in the rarity of the car and its pedigree - its still worth 25K easy.. theres probably less than 50 of these cars circulating the roads of oz for a genuine australian delivered one ( im not 100 % sure on the number that came to us in our allocation )

and the 3sgte , if well serviced + cared for shouldnt have many problems , regardless of KM's. they are as tough as nails - especially the gen3's ( solved the HG related issues with the gen 1 and 2 )

Just curious, what is the HG issues? Whats HG stand for? Doesnt come to mind right now. And how bad were these issues with gen 2's
And if the auz deliverd ones are worth around 25G, what are jap imported ones worth?
no_tofu_speed
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Jab what?!!?!
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Wed, 22 June 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bergerac wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 17:27

-fan belt (EDIT: fan belt! good one, id like to seem them fit a fan in there, should read accessory belt)

Funny!!!!!!!
sikx5
Regular

September 2004
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Thu, 23 June 2005 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bergerac wrote on Sat, 02 October 2004 12:13

Still for sale, havent realy advertised it yet..

check this one out:

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2397515&current_r ec=19&used_rec=1&total_rec=26&sort_typ e=&total_rec=26&sort_type=&keyword=GT4 &state_id=-1&search_distance=25

Not a Aus delivered, nor is it a group A, but it looks damn nice, and low km's!!

Very Happy
Phrozen_Death
Regular

October 2002
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Fri, 24 June 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont think its for sale any more it was traded in on a pulsar if its the one i think it is, and boy did it move
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Fri, 24 June 2005 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bergerac wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 14:32

Nope, ST185's were 50:50. These are 35% front/65% rear. Helps to counteract the nose heaviness.
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Fri, 24 June 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is one on carsales.com.au atm I think
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Sat, 25 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no_tofu_speed wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 00:26

Classique71 wrote on Wed, 11 August 2004 17:56

Just curious, what is the HG issues? Whats HG stand for? Doesnt come to mind right now. And how bad were these issues with gen 2's
And if the auz deliverd ones are worth around 25G, what are jap imported ones worth?

HG = Head Gasket.
bergerac
Regular

February 2003
Re: How much does a ST205 go for these days? Tue, 28 June 2005 00:50 Go to previous message
wagonist wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 10:40

bergerac wrote on Wed, 29 September 2004 14:32

Nope, ST185's were 50:50. These are 35% front/65% rear. Helps to counteract the nose heaviness.

The ST205 drivetrain is 90% the same as the ST185 and definately not 35/65. The only difference is gearbox and diff ratios AFAIK and the type of diff depending on ST185 model.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:car freight costs
Next Topic: Toy Shop in Newcaslte broken in to so look out for cheap parts.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 03:07:18 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074598789215088 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.