Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Fastest Corolla?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
boofis
Regular

December 2004
Fastest Corolla? Wed, 22 June 2005 11:18 Go to next message
Hey
Whats the fastest KE corolla for 1/4 mile? And what would it have? I'm assuming rotary Crying or Very Sad
Thanks
Try
  Send a private message to this user    
Daemon
Regular

May 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Wed, 22 June 2005 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Speedtech Corolla in NZ has run a 10.7 (off the top of my head) with a 20v 4AGTE, but its just their hack car. It still has a full chassis.

Theirs a few half chassis KE70 2dr's in the US, but not sure what times they are running (certianly quicker than 10.7 tho)

boofis
Regular

December 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Wed, 22 June 2005 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would you mind explaining what half chassis is? And thats a really quick time 10.7 hmmmmm.
Thanks
Troy
crazedrt104
Regular

March 2003
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isnt that an oxymoron...."fastest corolla" Razz
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The fastest KE here is that 13BT powered KE20 that is untubbed and run in the high 8's, can't remember which workshop it's from though?????????

There are a few piston powered KE's in the 10's running various engines, SR20DET, 18RG turbo.

Quote:

isnt that an oxymoron...."fastest corolla"

You own a Corona so shut your pie hole Laughing Just kidding.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its Rotor Worx 13bt Ke20... Untubbed... Sooo fat!! "8.54 @ 159mph on 28x9" MT slicks".
What does your car run Shane?
Cheers
Michael
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Its Rotor Worx 13bt Ke20... Untubbed... Sooo fat!! "8.54 @ 159mph on 28x9" MT slicks".

Thats the one, very very very fast.

Quote:

What does your car run Shane?

Much slower than that Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh heh, bu tthen there's alwasy the debate of whats fastest actual corolla (does a half chassis count? how about full chassis).. then there's "street cars".. and there there are "legal street cars"
not talking about the engineered ones but the engineered ones that are "actually legal" Razz

13BT in KE20 is not exactly legal in current system.. nor would those size slicks Wink

as per title.. surely fastest street legal corolla would be one dropped from a plane or a suitably sized cliff? (anyone got a 400m high cliff nearby Razz.. we could time it Very Happy )
hmm, rough back of hand calc says around 8.9 seconds for 400m-0 Wink

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Good points Stuart.

When it comes back to "Street Legal" i.e. if there was an RTA station at the end of the strip doing inspections I think mine would be one of the few that could do the run and pass the inspection at the other end. Mine is all certified and I run street tyres, I don't change anything when I go from street to track Very Happy

I drive 270km from home to the track, do some runs and drive home Smile

Mine is good for 12's over the quarter which is alright for what it is, a fun car not speicifically setup for anything in particular.

The fastest ke corolla in original spec?????? My money would be on the TE27 Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 12:57

When it comes back to "Street Legal" i.e. if there was an RTA station at the end of the strip doing inspections I think mine would be one of the few that could do the run and pass the inspection at the other end.

that's exactly what i was thinking Wink
Quote:

The fastest ke corolla in original spec?????? My money would be on the TE27 Very Happy

would have to be. TE37 is heavier by a fair margin, KE1X were far more underpowered... then again, is not a "KE" as such Razz

for KE.... hmm.. KE11 2 door with 1200cc 3K-B?
the first KE's to get 1300 were KE55's.. and they are much heavier the KE1X

i'm just aiming to have my KE15 as quick as yours Wink gimme afew years to catch up Very Happy
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 04:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine will be sort of quick soon... Smile ... hopefully soon than later tho.
12's is still pretty damn good for a street car Shane...
Cheers
Michael
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The KE17 I went in drove quite well, standard twin carb setup, would have been pretty cool way back in '69.

When my car had a 5K in it it went pretty well too, it was quite responsive and very fun to drive. It seemed to go quicker than it should have Wink It just had the compression raised a litle during a rebuild, bigger carby, and a new slightly more aggressive cam shaft.

Oh and Stuart, if you could just throw that white Caldina in the pics of your other thread in a container and send it back to Aus for me I will fix you up for it upon your return Wink That thing would suit my needs down to a T
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and your suspension quite hard as well isnt it shane??

il be hitting the 1/4 in not long as well, will let ya know how i go,

wont have as good times as you until i get better tyres,

im not setting up exclusively for anything either, just after good all round performance.. Very Happy

who would be interested in going to the strip as a group??.. get a kew corolla's there on one day

i hanvt been on a track or strip so i could use some tips on how to go about a more efficient run.. Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 05:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

and your suspension quite hard as well isnt it shane??

too stiff for some, I have had two occupant complain that my car aggravated spinal injuries they suffered many years ago and refuse to come on drives longer than 15 minutes any more. It is quite stiff which makes it a little more difficult to launch, but practice makes perfect.

Quote:

who would be interested in going to the strip as a group??.. get a kew corolla's there on one day

I will be keen to go again around August. I know of a 4AGTE wagon that will be keen too and possibly a panel van if it's complete and maybe even a 4AGTE TA22 by then.

Quote:

i hanvt been on a track or strip so i could use some tips on how to go about a more efficient run..

With little cars like our most of the skill is in the launch, once you are going it's just smooth efficient gear changes for the rest of the way. I am thinking of adding some ballast to the rear next time I go Wink

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
August would be good..

i should have it going smoothly by then...fingers crossed Rolling Eyes

Shane, how much difference was there between running the standard ecu and the microtech??

torque, power, and 1/4 if you know??

il be running the standard ecu for a little while until i save enough for a haltech e6k.

i'l be able to talk to you more about it at the KE cruise.
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and my suspesion is also ultra hard.. can feel avery little bump and larger potholes/crack really hurt!!!

but when launched pretty hard the front end lifts A LOT!!! so i assume that the rear end does have a fair bit of give.
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 13:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll head down with you boys to check it out.. I wanna go see some drags...
doing some wheel stands are you James Rolling Eyes ... I would've thought your car would just keep spinning shane with all that power and no weight
cheers
Michael
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Thu, 23 June 2005 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

doing some wheel stands are you James

Rolling Eyes hehe not that bad...
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Fastest Corolla? Fri, 24 June 2005 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would love to know this but does anyone know the 1/4 mile time for a standard 3k or 4k
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sat, 25 June 2005 09:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha. I'm sure my 4K KE36 could manage somewhere around a 22 second quarter mile, and at not more than 100kph Razz K motors can go very well with a few mods, but I don't think much of them when standard!

August would be great for me to meet up with you guys back at the 1/4 mile track, i'm keen to improve on the 12.57 from last time with the panelvan.

Cheers
Phil

[Updated on: Sat, 25 June 2005 09:31]

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Sat, 25 June 2005 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet!

i cant wait!! Smile

i think im gonna get a trailer for the day just in case..

as i will still be running a T50 and only a heavy duty clutch.. not quite good enough i think. Rolling Eyes
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sat, 25 June 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trailer is a good idea if you don't have confidence in your driveline Smile Is your T50 in good condition? Make sure you run a good gearbox oil, my last T50 died an explosive death when third gear seized onto the shaft behind my GTE. Evil or Very Mad

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked oh jesus!!! so you only had 3rd?? couldnt get it out of gear??

yeah the one i got atm should be ok for a little bit cos i replaced it like 6 mnths ago...

last one just blew the bearing on the inpt shaft.. i think, thats what i could see without opening it up.. Confused thats was behind the gze so yeh bit different..

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72_Turbo wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 19:07

haha. I'm sure my 4K KE36 could manage somewhere around a 22 second quarter mile, and at not more than 100kph Razz K motors can go very well with a few mods, but I don't think much of them when standard!

August would be great for me to meet up with you guys back at the 1/4 mile track, i'm keen to improve on the 12.57 from last time with the panelvan.

Cheers
Phil

KE11/17 3K twin carb would do 21-22sec factory.
my KE15 with 4K did 17 flat with maybe 0.3-0.4 left to go if it wasn't my first time there Wink
so say high 16 for a warm 4K....
the caldina is meant to be a high 13/low 14 car from factory Razz

ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fastest street corolla.

YellowRolla
Jason

73 KE20 Corolla + 3T GTE with Wolf ver 3.0

60' - 1.56
1/8 mi - 7.50 @ 93mph
1/4 mi - 11.82 @ 115mph

also do sprinters count??

Adam, owner off JEM comes to mind

11.5 1/4 mile. with 200rwkw

on his more recent rebuild he got 270rwkw..
ke30king
Forums Junkie

On Probation

March 2005
Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
high 16's you reckon is this can't be standed though!!!
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

oh jesus!!! so you only had 3rd?? couldnt get it out of gear??

Nah, could still select all gears, but definately couldn't drive forwards or backwards for more than a couple of metres without a huge "bang" and gear lockup! Stripped the gears off the layshaft nicely.

magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mechanic has a ke20 with a chev V8 ran 8s...im pretty sure its still for sale..$25000 was the last price i saw on it..i posted an ad for him a while back
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 13:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we should make a list of all toyota powered corollas like thew 1jzgte list, would be interesting
wouldnt be many out there under 13's
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a plan. Are you offering to start the thread?? Smile

You need a timecard for your beast so it can have its place on the list Very Happy
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i sure do, if you guys run soon ill take it along for sure
as its runs atm id guess a mid-high 12 if i could get traction, but we shall see on sunday what it makes on the dyno with no tune Razz
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no tune Shocked You mean its just running on a base map from Microtech?
ke35 - 4AGZE
Regular

April 2004
Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

as its runs atm id guess a mid-high 12 if i could get traction, but we shall see on sunday what it makes on the dyno with no tune

12's without being tuned? Shocked

thats awsome! get it tuned! ha hah ha Evil or Very Mad
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 26 June 2005 22:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the tune isnt that bad, 12's might be stretching it but i can dream Razz just have to take it and find out
fj20
Regular

June 2002
Re: Fastest Corolla? Tue, 28 June 2005 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi All
Phil Karpathios's FJ20 turbo KE20 Toyota Corolla ran a 8.839 @ 151.99 mph at W.S.I.D.
Thats the quickest piston engined Corolla I have heard about in Oz.
http://www.turbocreations.com/fj20/jamboree2004/Mi d9sCorolla1b.jpg
http://www.turbocreations.com/fj20/jamboree2004/Mi d9sCorollaEngine1b.jpg
http://www.turbocreations.com/fj20/philske20coroll a/ke20karpathioss1b.jpg
-Regards Mike
http://www.fj20.com/
http://www.toyotacorona.com/
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fastest Corolla? Tue, 28 June 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember the FJ20 powered KE20 now, what a weapon! That would be the quickest piston powered one I have heard of as well.

Damn that FJ must be making some serious grunt for 151.99mph Shocked
ozzy31
Occasional Poster

June 2005

Re: Fastest Corolla? Tue, 28 June 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I remember when I was young, winding out a 2T-C Corolla 2-door coupe... 0-60 mph, took 18 seconds! It was stock and healthy. Even run near sea level. It could probably do the 1/4 mile in about 1/80th of an hour at 76 mph. It was an automatic.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 03 July 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it seems i got the power now i just got to work out how to use it Smile
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 03 July 2005 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just how much power? Very Happy
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 03 July 2005 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8494/joshdynosmall0nb.jpg
This much power Very Happy
Lambolica
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 03 July 2005 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fuck..... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I wish I had the time to stick my head under the bonnet.

Makes my 128rwkw look almost laughable. Embarassed
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 03 July 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

This much power

Nice Razz

I take it you've had it tuned & wound up the boost a little?

See you at the track!

Phil
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Sun, 03 July 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nope no tune yet, thats still base map, thanks mr microtech Smile

just with the boost wound up a smidge
toyrota
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fastest Corolla? Mon, 04 July 2005 08:42 Go to previous message
I think I would have to own the quickest ke20 on the planet!!!!!
I can plow through a tank of fuel in no time at all in it current state of tune.......Doesn't do many kms in that time but it does get through the tank faster then any car I know

We weren't talking 1/4 times were we Confused Confused
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Sx Computer location
Next Topic:who can get me some tein flex's?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:36:45 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0080759525299072 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.