Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
meanmecordia
Occasional Poster

May 2005
eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Sat, 28 May 2005 08:09 Go to next message
hey guys im new to these forums looks like a pretty good place.

im after an ae86 or simaler type of setup as like every 1 else i wanna drift or atleast learn to Embarassed

i would like :
rear wheel drive
lsd
disc brakes all round
doesnt need a stezza in it (but doesnt bother me either way)
looks good and
a decent suspension setup for dori
no rust preferably
good paint
mags
and wateva lil goodies it happens to have in it

sorry for the list guys but show me wat ya got even if it aint full wat i want i may be interested.

if any one has anyhting let me know as im up north at the moment and wont get back for a wile but wene i do im goin straight to the bank

thanks for your time people

josh
  Send a private message to this user    
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Sun, 29 May 2005 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you want to learn to drift, maybe try with a Nissan S13 first. Sprinters are not really the best car to learn in, due to the lack of readily available spare parts, panels, etc. I think you'd be better off with the S13 financially.

There is a very good S13 for sale in my area; insanely fast, and would need minimum modification to get it to drift-spec. It's about $13500, and well worth the money. PM me for more details.

DP
meanmecordia
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Sun, 29 May 2005 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iv herd the ae86 are harder to drift thats why i want one cos the sils are easy to learn in apparently .
i wouldnt do it if it was easy i want a challenge so if there is any one with a ae86 or anything even a sil (prefer in wa) could you please send pics and details to me email please
josh_chittendon@hotmail.com
also digitalpho3nix u wanna send me sum stuff on ur mates silvia??? is it addvertiesed anywere else??? im not back in perth for a lil wile thats all.

cheers
josh
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Sun, 29 May 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry to go off topic but meanmecordia, werent you on cordiapower.com forums? I used to be there under 'diamondstar' lol
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Sun, 29 May 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try www.silviawa.com/forums

if you want a s13
meanmecordia
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Sun, 29 May 2005 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha yeah thats me man i got rid of the cords
but now im lookin for a drifter
been workin away so i im startin to look around .
goin to the bank soon to see wat they wil giv
didnt i buy my last cords engine of u ?

been on silvia wa
nuthin particuly tickles my fancey on there

cheers
josh
pro_k
Regular

September 2003
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Sun, 29 May 2005 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats your budget? Please PM me.
digitalpho3nix
Regular

June 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Mon, 30 May 2005 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The silvia i referred to is not advertised anywhere else as far as I know. I will have get a list of stats for you coz I can't remember the specifics, but I can tell you that its white, has white lightweight wheels, extensive engine mods, and is pretty farken quick!
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Mon, 30 May 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah mate, I have not sold any motors to you. I only sold my last to cordias as whole cars, one in Perth and one up here. Congrats on choosing toyota lol. If you want to learn to drift on a budget there are a lot cheaper options than an 86. I'd be looking at a FR corolla like a KE or even (dare I say it?) a T18. If you are learning you want a pig that you can afford to bang up. Not trying to put you off 86's (nice cars alrite), but a T18 will cost you a fraction of the price of a 86, has the right gearbox and diff (makes putting a LSD center an affordable option), can make enough horsies to free the back end up with a number of different T series motors. When you are sick of it you can take the gearbox and diff out and slap em in a nice 86.
ae95
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2003
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Mon, 30 May 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
t18 has shit steering
get ae71/ke70
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Tue, 31 May 2005 04:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can do a rack and pinion conversion to the T18 if you want to. It's a job but not impossible. Having driven T18's with both stock and converted steering I think it's more about the way your suspension, front struts and brakes are setup. But whatever floats yer boat...
meanmecordia
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Tue, 31 May 2005 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
people my cashh i can spend is any were up to 10k
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Tue, 31 May 2005 08:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Knock urself out buddy Cool . Bear in mind that 'drift' is not cheap to do, regardless of what car you choose to do it with Rolling Eyes .
driftingAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Tue, 31 May 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my ae86 is up for 5k.
meanmecordia
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Mon, 13 June 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*bump* ]

come on guys i need sumthin soon
waxE
Regular

June 2002
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Wed, 15 June 2005 06:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
want to drift a manual mz21 soarer 3L turbo for around 10k? pm me

ps.. will advertise car for sale soon
meanmecordia
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Thu, 23 June 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on people i am without a car as i have sold the ford so now i need atleast a hell stocker i have 2 k right now in my bank. bank is takin a lil longer then thought . but if any one has a stock 86 for sale for 2 k ( dreamin i know but hey its wat i got) or anything simeler to my specs i want?????

very desprate as i have no transpport wene i get home. Sad
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Thu, 23 June 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude, buy a corolla, save up and buy a drift car.
or look for a stocker 86 to slide around in the wet to get a hang of it, but dont look on here, as they all have takumi tax added, ive seen many sell for around 2k locally, as long as the person doesent add takumi tak ull get one in good condition for 2k.

Chris
Lench
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Thu, 23 June 2005 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why not a ke70 or t18?
or better yet drift a non toyota like an r31 skyline Smile
t18_psi
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Thu, 23 June 2005 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
go the r31's!!!

i have one atm while i build the t18.

get a manual r31 for around $3500, do twin swaybars, hard springs and shocks, exhaust and hey presto 140hp N/A drifter!!

plenty of spare parts lying around too.
meanmecordia
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Sun, 26 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok people need sumthin soon any one actually got a car for 1 thousand bucks or less????

josh
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Mon, 27 June 2005 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

i can spend is any were up to 10k

1 grand is a lot less than 10 grand....

Mate you will not get anything that you can actually 'drift' for 1000. Maybe you can get a project car to throw some spanners around but that is about it. At that price you are definitely looking at R31 manual skylines, probably unregistered.
meanmecordia
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Mon, 27 June 2005 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok i dont mean to be rude but all im lookin for is a shit heap registerd till the bank gives me wat i need for my car.
i have 1000 cash but if theres sumthin out there for 2 k and sum ones not in a rush to sell i will have another 1k in 2 weeks.
so if sum one actually has a car for sale pls dun crap my thread im a seriouse buyer havin a bit of trouble with the bank atm.

thanks

josh
bunkyT18
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: eoi; wtd in perth ae86 or simaler Mon, 27 June 2005 05:33 Go to previous message
Well maybe you might consider putting a separate WTB post for a $1K daily shitter. It's a little confusing from reading this post as to what you are saying you want. I'm not trying to 'crap' your thread mate. If you don't want my input that is fine, sorry for the misunderstanding.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:WTB - Cheap, man, rwd
Next Topic:WTB cheap Celica Adelaide
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 4 03:48:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0083119869232178 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.