Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JealousKat
Regular

April 2004
WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 03:49 Go to next message
Hoping someone can help me out. I am after a Toyota Hilux minitruck preferably extra cab (dual cab?). Cash waiting.... so let me know what you have got Very Happy

cheers
will

oh yeah and nothing with rediculous km's Cool
  Send a private message to this user    
PyroManiac80
Newcomer

May 2005
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didnt know there was such a thing as a hilux minitruck...i assume it's just a ute...but here's a pretty sick result i got off carsales Laughing

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!cs_conten t.private_vehicle?vehicle_id=2331016&current_r ec=1&used_rec=0&total_rec=2&sort_type= &total_rec=2&sort_type=&make_id=8& model_id=9&keyword=MINITRUCK&state_id=-1&a mp;search_distance=25

Talk about a fat lowlux
DJ984
Regular

May 2005
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, that one on carsales is pretty damn nice...

go to www.downundertrukin.tk and have a look champ. you'll need to sign up but it's free and easy Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 05:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
woot for spending so much on a car but keeping drum rear brakes
JealousKat
Regular

April 2004
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the responses guys. keep your eyes peeled for any trucks about....

will
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How bout a van insted?
drift929
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats my hilux on car sales im clad yous like it. the reason its still got drums on the back is because its just a cruzer not a drag car Very Happy
mike_hill
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
will
what u want a hilux for?? wats wrong with the scooby? at least u want to come back to the toyotas

mike
Mookie
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there was one for sale on boostcruising.com
JealousKat
Regular

April 2004
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah mike its for my brother he is looking for a ute to play with. never get rid of the scooby

will
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drift929 wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 20:12

thats my hilux on car sales im clad yous like it. the reason its still got drums on the back is because its just a cruzer not a drag car Very Happy

why would u spend so much effort on the car and not shave the handles? would make the car look that much better i reckon.

oh well its still sweet. i like the rims on it.
MRNOVA
Regular

January 2003
Up The Novas!
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Go tommy!

Yeah bet bet would be a 1992 lux. Bit expensive but, but are an awesome car.
What he want it for, lowered and style, or jacked and bushbash?
JealousKat
Regular

April 2004
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Tue, 21 June 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowered and style man all the way. you know rims, dumped, shaved up handles and stuff good paint plenty of chrome.... fully sik
Rollaresto
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Wed, 22 June 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it might not be a hilux but,

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=72404&start=0&rid=10874&S=9a95ad999c 1e747daa8f498be387ebda

is a good base for a nice build all the hard work already done. and not some godly rediculous price.
WA_TRD_83
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Wed, 22 June 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looking for LowLux, or a good base for one in PERTH ...

Unfortunately haven't had much luck yet.
If there's someone out there looking to sell, please let me know!

Cheers
Damo
TRD 83
JealousKat
Regular

April 2004
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Thu, 23 June 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow not much out there hey.... Confused
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Thu, 23 June 2005 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buy baggin thats got everything plus more

theres a minitruck website somewehre ull have to look it up but they'll have heaps up there
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Sat, 25 June 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm selling my HiLux mini truck. Everything's already done except interior. Look for it in the for sale threads, it says [LUX-13B] 11 second hilux. Will run high 10s as is with slicks.

André
spoon33
Occasional Poster

October 2003

Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Sat, 25 June 2005 17:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate of mine has all the bits ready to convert my hilux to rotary power aswell,
13b turbo s4 turbo top mount in a 84 hilux dual cab.
haven't lowered it yet, have to find somewhere to do the torsion bar front.

Dom
LUX15M
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Sun, 26 June 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
spoon33 wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 03:03

A mate of mine has all the bits ready to convert my hilux to rotary power aswell,
13b turbo s4 turbo top mount in a 84 hilux dual cab.
haven't lowered it yet, have to find somewhere to do the torsion bar front.

Dom

What do you mean "somewhere to do the torsion bar front" lower it? its easy just unwind the torsion bar easy.

If you realy want a minitruck, build one, like most people do. its more fun that way.
spoon33
Occasional Poster

October 2003

Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Sun, 26 June 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I need to find somewhere to do the shims to adjust the camber as apparently it will wind in lots of neg when you lower it.
The mechanical work will all be done in the backyard, when it comes to wheel alignments and suspension geometry i like to leave it to the pro's just because they have all the funky equipment, it handles like a boat now and will need serious improvement for the increase in power.

Do you have experience with torsion bar fronts? I've only ever played with coils/coils or coils/leaves.

I got quoted 140 to have the rears reset 3 inchs down.

am looking for a suitable bolt on brake upgrade such as later model hilux or hiace.

Dom.
LUX15M
Occasional Poster

April 2005
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Mon, 27 June 2005 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lowering a hilux, will not help with the handling. They're not designed to handle like a sports car. Lowering a hilux is pretty simple, did mine. all you need to lower the rear is:
1) take your leafs out and get them reset, and get some lowering blocks. Or
2) remove the load leaf and flip it and stack it on top. ( this is the most dodgy way, but slams the rear.

Another thing you want if you are lowering the back end is bumpstops that are shorter.

just unwind the torsions, but remember how much you unwound one side so you can do the second side the same. You should then get you wheels aligned. Nothing wrong with neg camber.
dazza
Occasional Poster

July 2004
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Sun, 10 July 2005 01:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
u have a pm .
sidewayz1
Occasional Poster

July 2005
Re: WANTED :: HILUX MINITRUCK :: Sun, 10 July 2005 09:10 Go to previous message
hi, wouldn't mind a unlic hilux 2wd or hiace van in perth to kick off my project... a cheap one though...

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1990 celica for sale
Next Topic:not selling any more
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 21:34:30 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0062670707702637 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.