Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
lowrlux
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Powder Coating Rims Thu, 23 June 2005 03:32 Go to next message
Looking to get my rims powder coated. Does anyone know someone in Melbourne who does this for a good price?
  Send a private message to this user    
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Powder Coating Rims Thu, 23 June 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes im also interested.

can u get the middel bit of a wheel(the spokes) coated if the wheel is not a 3 peice?
Irish
Regular

July 2002

Re: Powder Coating Rims Thu, 23 June 2005 04:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I had some wheels powdercoated a while back. NEVER AGAIN! It's just not durable enough and it keeps cracking off where the wheel seats on the hub. I have to constantly re-torque the wheel nuts. I have many stone chips on them now. Very dissapointing...
jesseT18
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Powder Coating Rims Thu, 23 June 2005 06:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got my simmons powder coated about 3 months ago and am still VERY happy with them, maybe yours were just a dodgy set irish?
mine are perfect, really strong paint too
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Powder Coating Rims Thu, 23 June 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate's dad anodized/acid-dipped his rims and then just painted them.
look brand new and that was 2 years ago now.. and this car does a lot of k's, also on dirt roads sometimes..
takai
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: Powder Coating Rims Thu, 23 June 2005 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive had my Superlites powdercoated, and while taping up the outer edge was a right royal pain in the arse, they came up beautifully and are quite durable too.
BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Powder Coating Rims Thu, 23 June 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate has 17" lenso's on his gtir, they were powder coated white and they were sweet. but from some of the reports above maybe you shouldnt just be looking for a cheap place/price
improvedae86
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Powder Coating Rims Thu, 23 June 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If your in the South Eastern direction , go to Charlyn Powercoating , 7 lazer drive rowville , 9763 4166 i think . They have alway done my rims , Harry is a nut when coming to perfection and theres sandblasting available there too , i have had there coatings on lots of different rims before and have never seen a chip even when bending a rim .
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: Powder Coating Rims Thu, 23 June 2005 10:44 Go to previous message
Yep, i've had rims pwodercoated too, and will neever do it again - they chip, crack, and are impossible to repair, and still look decent, go for paint instead!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Blocking plate for electric fuel pump on a 2TB Celica TA23 engine ??
Next Topic:cold start (really low idle) causes.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 27 17:04:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0038831233978271 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.