Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

*It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Sun, 19 June 2005 13:10 Go to next message
TOYMODS GO KART GRAND PRIX!
Sat 6th August, 11:30am
Picton Kart Track
200 Picton Road, Picton

Venue: Picton Go Kart Track
Cost: $125.00,
Time: 11:30am at the track. Maybe a meetup and cruise down beforehand.

UPDATE: We need to take deposits to secure places! $25 deposit, meaning just $100 on the day + $10 for lunch. PM me for details on paying the deposit.

It is now confirmed! We are heading out to Picton Kart Track for our official Toymods GP!!

That's right - RACING.
With cars.... that are lots smaller than our real ones.

But at least this way no one will break their real car, and we can drive like hoons in a safe and legal environment!

We will be meeting up at Picton Kart Track at 11:30am to start racing at 12 noon, so i would aim to get there closer to 11am so that you arent late.

Location available through the website: www.pictonkarttrack.com.au

We will be taking up their "GP Challenge" for our racing, which is:

• Cost $ 125.00 per person
  • Official welcome and registration
  • Driver training and safety briefing
  • 20 minutes - Practice/Qualifying
  • Break
  • 20 minutes - Race 1
  • Break
  • 20 minutes - Race 2
  • Lap times recorded and provided

Racing will be a proper grid start, based on qualifying. Finer details of the actual racing format will depend on the number of people we have on the day. If we have 6-15 people, then we are one group... but 15-28 people is 2 groups - meaning that there will have to be some sort of break down of the groups after the 1st race of each group.

There will be awards for winners, fastest lap, insane racer.... and possibly the token TAKUMI!!11one award Razz

Lunch is a sausage sizzle provided by the venue at a humble cost.

Now for the important part..... the karts run an approx 7HP 4 stroke engine made by Subaru, called a "ROBIN" engine.. these are a 211cc mini-beastie Evil or Very Mad

LINK: http://www.robinamerica.com/engines/detail.lasso?m dl=EX21

I can't wait!!!!

[Updated on: Tue, 09 August 2005 00:29]

Send a private message to this user    
puzzle man
Forums Junkie

Official Cruise Dude

March 2004
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Sun, 19 June 2005 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will get the day off work for this one!
sounds the goods Karl.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Mon, 20 June 2005 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sign me up! Now, i need sponsors, pit chicks...
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Mon, 20 June 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'm in for some go karting fun, would we need helmets at all. Depending on price i'm definetely in though it doen't really matter.
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Mon, 20 June 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea i should be in on this one...just depends how expenisve it is Very Happy
Cheers Dean
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Mon, 20 June 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't make a kart big enough to squeeze my frame into. Plus the power to weight ratio drops considerably when I get in.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Mon, 20 June 2005 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
90kg gives me a disadvantage too, but just think if you still beat some of the skinnier folk you can really rub it into em.
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Mon, 20 June 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think i'll have to follow Puzzlemans lead and take a day off work for this.
Sounds like FUN.
dimmy77_03
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Mon, 20 June 2005 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in so far, but will depend on $$$

Great idea Very Happy
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Tue, 21 June 2005 21:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 20 June 2005 13:52

90kg gives me a disadvantage too, but just think if you still beat some of the skinnier folk you can really rub it into em.

more weight is actually an advantage becasue it means u have more traction at the front so u can go into the corners alot harder.

jsut curious karl can we bring out own gokart on the day? i know you would probably have to contact butterfly farm but i dont see why there would be a problem
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Wed, 22 June 2005 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karl, i dont know what the set-up at butterfly farm is as i havnt been there for awhile, but the Picton Go Kart track seems to be ok, might be another venue worth considering and looking into reguarding prices etc?
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Thu, 23 June 2005 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a few options up my sleeve, no i am not locking in butterfly farm just yet. I will pick the best place for location, price, product and service.....

i dont know about bringing your own go-kart. I would tend to think NOT, because it would be an unknown variable thrown into their insurance cover.....
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Thu, 23 June 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not allowed to BYO cart, as the hire carts are restricted in power in some way. The only ones that arn't restricted so much, are eastern creek, but they cost $$$ to hire. Myself, i would think that for a social outing thing, power aint so necessary if you got a big group of mates to dice with under brakes Smile
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Thu, 23 June 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also bringing your own cart would be an unfair advantage in terms of races and any potential trophies and the difference in speed could become boring and also a bit dangerous depending on the track setup
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Thu, 23 June 2005 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cannonball wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 11:12

Not allowed to BYO cart, as the hire carts are restricted in power in some way. The only ones that arn't restricted so much, are eastern creek, but they cost $$$ to hire. Myself, i would think that for a social outing thing, power aint so necessary if you got a big group of mates to dice with under brakes Smile

yeah for decent 80cc ones that go fairly fast they cost like $150 for 3 hours or something

THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Thu, 23 June 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
those 80cc ones are NOTHING compared to anything "real".

in all honesty - $150 for 3 hours isnt all that bad! Most places charge around $10 for 8-10 minutes, and when you multiply that out......
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Thu, 23 June 2005 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well we run the kart on the track at butterfly all the time itd jsut be cool to take it out on the track. so long as no one rams me this one hasnt got a cage.

theres no power restrictions on this track either a guy a know runs a 26hp kart when he goes my brothers one is only like 8hp i think
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Thu, 30 June 2005 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have you thought about picton?

went not long ago and they have new karts and quite a good track

http://www.pictonkarttrack.com.au/?Ref=dnagoo
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Thu, 30 June 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Picton is looking gun right about now...

I'll be doing the decision making today, time permitting Smile
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Thu, 30 June 2005 23:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure if we can as a club but we did a corporate booking with work and they put on a feast after the race... sausages, steak, chips, salad it was on Very Happy

i suppose we would have to get a set number of people and get a deposit down if we were to secure somthing like that though
Cressida Chick
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Fri, 01 July 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
could be in this one !!!!
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Sun, 03 July 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like this should be a good day, ill have to see if i can get myself out their! Very Happy

Cheers Deano
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 5th or 6th August - details TBA Tue, 05 July 2005 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmmm I will be in Sydney this weekend. Wonder if I will have time.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *Proposed* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - details TBA Wed, 06 July 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DO IT!
CamryMan
Regular

May 2002
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Sat, 09 July 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was there early in the year for work. It's a nice track and the karts were good as well.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Sat, 09 July 2005 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sign me in i'll be in it for sure take its pay on the day Very Happy First time i will be in a kart the ones at jamberoo don't count but i wanna have fun even if i suck. Plus its closer for me to drive too woot.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Sun, 10 July 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the track is gun! it's like a real race track layout, not just a bunched up heap of squeezy turns!

http://www.pictonkarttrack.com.au/108.jpg

oh yeah - i also posted up the link in the first post to the specs of the engines they run.... 211cc 7HP Subaru built "Robin" engines!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Sun, 10 July 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is an awesome track can't wait, insane racer what does that entail sounds like me, or should I go for the takuim special dorifto style on karts Very Happy
74ROLLA
Regular

July 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Sun, 10 July 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reffering to the pic posted of the track, it runs clockwise. The straight is uphill slightly, but you come back downhill throught the twisty bits - good fun! Excellent track in my opinion - you will all have fun!

I wont be able to be there but may come just after lunch to check out the Toymodders trying out for the Toyota F1 team Razz

Rob
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Sun, 10 July 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok count Nerolie and I in. Gotta do something fun on the first weekend back in Sydney.

Hows the weather there now, it's 40degrees here. Just thought I would chuck that it Laughing
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 11 July 2005 01:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heaps of fun, hope to be there and have invited the guys from the cressida forums Cool
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 11 July 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 11:37

heaps of fun, hope to be there and have invited the guys from the cressida forums Cool

Just saw your post over there Smile

Money permitting, I may go... got to factor in petrol to get to picton and back too! Laughing
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 11 July 2005 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if its a drama you can drive to sutherland and can get a lift with me Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 11 July 2005 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EvilJack wrote on Mon, 11 July 2005 11:50

if its a drama you can drive to sutherland and can get a lift with me Wink

If that's not inconvenient for you, I might just take you up on that offer Smile
thug_immortal
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 12 July 2005 00:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in, might get a few mates to come down as well depending on the numbers. Its sooo much better when its proper racing Very Happy
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 12 July 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well due to a dodgy roster making me miss the broke and leura cruises i think i'll just have to make a decent effort to come along for this one Wink
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 12 July 2005 01:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 10:18

well due to a dodgy roster making me miss the broke and leura cruises i think i'll just have to make a decent effort to come along for this one Wink

oh man im so gonna kick ur ass Razz

its ON! Laughing
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 12 July 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be taking the day off for this one. It being a Saturday means I loose less cash
See you all there.
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 12 July 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Merudo wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 11:11

its ON! Laughing

most likely, haven't been karting in like 10 years hahahhaa i'm going for the takumi trophy, if not for the "its a go kart, not a lawnmower" Razz
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 12 July 2005 22:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmmm, i might have to give this a go, never been carting on the tar b4, only dirt track carting (doriftooo style Very Happy )
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 12 July 2005 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
finney wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 20:16

Merudo wrote on Tue, 12 July 2005 11:11

its ON! Laughing

most likely, haven't been karting in like 10 years hahahhaa i'm going for the takumi trophy, if not for the "its a go kart, not a lawnmower" Razz

Mate I haven't been karting for about 10 years either Laughing i'm just jokingly talking myself up Razz
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Wed, 13 July 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I'm quietly excited.. Very Happy

That track looks tops!! Shocked
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Thu, 14 July 2005 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm looking fwd to it,

I'll talk it up but won't be able to deliver I ain't exatley a small guy, so a few including lucid might a have a very distinct weight advantage.

But the track looks gun
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Fri, 15 July 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
advantage, witzl Cool

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Fri, 15 July 2005 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TheStitt wrote on Thu, 14 July 2005 17:45

I'm looking fwd to it,

I'll talk it up but won't be able to deliver I ain't exatley a small guy, so a few including lucid might a have a very distinct weight advantage.

But the track looks gun

don't worry stitt you won't be the only fat bastard there there all 90kg of me
insalubrity_macca
Regular

September 2004

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Fri, 15 July 2005 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im 99kg... Embarassed

and 190cms too...damn...lol

im yet to drive a go kart so maybe not the best thing to go to. i find that odd considering i have 4 go karts in the garage... Shocked Surprised
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 18 July 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well we got some new scales yesterday conclusion they are not my friend, they tell me i weigh 88.4kg and have 37.9% of my body wieght in fat woot.
So i have three weeks to improve my power to weight ratio hehe.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 18 July 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys, we need to secure our numbers and placement for the day. So if you are definite about coming along, we need to take a $25 deposit... leaving you with a flat $100 on the day for racing.

You can pay the deposit to me, via netbank, cheque or cash in person (prefer no cheques). Send me a PM or email karl@toymods.org.au for details.

This is so that we can secure our spot and have a good indication of numbers, without the unfortunate "yeah about 30 people were interested, but 3 turned up"

So far i have taken deposits for:
# Wagonist
# Thetoyman75
# The Witzl
# CoronaRT142
# Sam 4age seca
# eviljack
# Davo
# Cannonball
# Finney
# -gt- (with 5 mates)

[Updated on: Wed, 27 July 2005 06:37]

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 19 July 2005 07:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have paid my deposit now Very Happy
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Wed, 20 July 2005 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn! cant make it! going up the blue mountains that weekend! Sad
Sam4A-GE_Seca
Regular

I supported Toymods

April 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Wed, 20 July 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deposit paid to the account karl!
Roundy
Regular

April 2005
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Thu, 21 July 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will most likely be up for it, just gotta get some time off work...will confirm in a few days, tho i haven't joined toymods (yet, waiting for some spare cash) am i still allowed??
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Thu, 21 July 2005 04:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you dont have to be a member to come along on the day, nor to any event really.
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Thu, 21 July 2005 05:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
payment sent
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 25 July 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well we seem to have a couple of competitors now Razz

looking to be an absolutely TOPS race day.... im already in training.... Evil or Very Mad
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 25 July 2005 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THE WITZL wrote on Mon, 25 July 2005 14:49

well we seem to have a couple of competitors now Razz

looking to be an absolutely TOPS race day.... im already in training.... Evil or Very Mad

training eh, well considering its gonna be my first time on karts Jamberoo doesn't count i guarentee i'll make a dick of myself, would still like some more ppl though. Cos that way there is more chance of someone else being shit. Very Happy
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 25 July 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Cos that way there is more chance of someone else being shit

i doubt that very much Razz
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 25 July 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like to will be a fun day. Is there any problem with just turning up as a spectator.
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Mon, 25 July 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok Witzl, you should be $25 bucks wealthier Very Happy Wink
finney
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: *It's Official* Toymods Go-Kart Grand Prix, 6th August - Picton Kart Track Tue, 26 July 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
i'll chuck you $25 on the w/e karl.. or you can just add it to my tab Razz
Pages (3): [1  2  3  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:motorkhana 09-11-05 PICS
Next Topic:WSID 7/9/2005
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:32:06 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0104820728302 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.