August 2003

3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Wed, 15 June 2005 09:53 Go to next message
http://img95.echo.cx/img95/3193/plugs4ch.png

i know the center one goes to the efi computer but whre do the otherones go
  Send a private message to this user    
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Wed, 15 June 2005 11:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
From memory the one on the right goes to the knock control computer and the LH plug looks like part of the original car loom, so its not really part of teh engien control.

Cya,
Simon
http://users.chariot.net.au/~stmezz/celica.htm
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Wed, 15 June 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cools, have you got a picture of the knock computer? it there one plug or two that goes into it?
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Thu, 16 June 2005 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There is only one plug for the knock control (the one in the RHS side of your pic).

Check my site, all you need to know about the 3T GTE is there including a full wiring diagram.
Also check my rebuild, I have some pics there.

Got me thinking too, I reckon there might be 2 plugs for the main ECU. I have to check, either way check my site and you will know.

Cya,
Simon
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Thu, 16 June 2005 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is two plugs for the efi computer but only the center plug (12 pin) connects to it. What is the 18 pin connection of the efi go to?
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Sun, 19 June 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the knock computer plug is only one green plug which im guessing you dont have on your harness you need 2 plugs into the EFI computer, u have the male ends which are meant to plug into another harness' female ends then in the second harness which im guessing you dont have theres a knock computer plug and all the wiring that goes to the coils and distributor, i had the same problem when i got my engine but i got an extra harness which was already set up for an engine conversion into a old toyota with the computer i brought (thanks CLG). send me some pics of the harness you have and i can help you out and see what you need to do as i had the same problem.
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Sun, 19 June 2005 17:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sweet, thanks i'll get hold of a camera today and upload the image Smile
jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Wed, 22 June 2005 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://img26.echo.cx/img26/9430/mvc03301f0jj.jpg

ok heres what i got atm, any help?
TA22 GT
Regular

November 2002
Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Wed, 22 June 2005 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looks like you have the main engine wiring, eg injectors, cold start injector, AFM connection and a few other things. Missing is one of the ECU plugs and teh knock control plug. I was wrong before, the plug should be green and does look very similar to that yellow plug.
Best advice is to check the wiring diagrams on my site. All you need is there. Its under "3T GTE info".
To get it to work you must have the AFM, twin coils, ignitor pack and preferably the pressure switches. There are 3 stock but you only need 2, one for fuel enrichment and the other to cut the knock control when the engine is under vacuum conditions. The third one was a fuel cut, but its crap and should be earthed as it simply cut fuel, which isn't what you want when under boost.
the engine will work without the knock control unit, but obviously its better to have it. The knock sensor is under the intake plenum, near the oil filter.

Hope this hepls,
Simon
ToyT18
Regular

July 2004
Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Thu, 23 June 2005 08:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i still think you are missing some of the connectors to the dizzy and coils which are green round ones. And i dont think you have an oxygen sensor connector and maybe some other shit, this is identical to the wiring harness i am throwing away, if you are missing these connectons you will need to get a wiring diagram and open up the harness and trace each wire back until you find ones that go to the parts you are missing (o2 sensor etc) and then link them back some how. maybe you could put a post up for an old wiring harness that someone has used in a conversion to a celica or something and buy that, when some people do conversions they get rid of alot of wiring but it looks as if someone has just brought say a half cut corona from japan and just copied and transfered every pice of wiring to their own car and then when they have taken it out later on just unpluged it half way to get it out and then sold it but without all the shit u need. well thats what happend to me and i just got another harness that was already set up. if you need an expert CLG on these forums is a wizz at these things.
CLG
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

December 2002
Re: 3t-gteu plugs, tell me where they go Thu, 23 June 2005 10:16 Go to previous message
I haven't read the whole thread sorry - tired, but the only "computer" plug you have there is the centre one. The other two plugs are loom plugs that contain wires for both the fuel computer and dash also. you need another fuel computer plug the same colour and style as the centre one, and a knock control computer plug that is green too.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:cold start (really low idle) causes.
Next Topic:Coils and Ignitors.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:56:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048871040344238 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.