Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
LSD diff question....strange clunking Thu, 23 June 2005 11:26 Go to next message
hi

i have had a trd 2 way lsd in my sprinter for about a year now...

recently i changed from the redline 75w90 to a lightweight shockproof (the blue shit)

after about 2 days all of a sudden a noise started at slow speed which sounded like a strange clunking (shudder kind of)

after pulling the lsd out and having examining it no fault can be found....i talked to some people and they say that the oil is wrong and makes the plates bind up and that noise is them slipping under lots of load....

i changed back to the old oil i was using and found that the noise is still there....much quieter and seems to be going away

my question is....is this possibly the cause? How long should this noise last if it is....?

thanx

Adam
  Send a private message to this user    
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: LSD diff question....strange clunking Thu, 23 June 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes the wrong oil will do that , try changing the oil again which should then get rid of any of the blue oil you put in , after you refill with the redline go somewhere where there is no traffic and do several sharp figure eights , this should fix the problem .

Trevor
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: LSD diff question....strange clunking Thu, 23 June 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
figure 8's i think will do shit all as the plates would have worn in ages ago.

Oil is definitly the culprit here, a firend had exactly the same prob with his 2 way, he bought cheaper lsd oil, made the same noises u are refereing to, he changed the oil to the good stuff (80-140W) and the noises went away.

so. DO IT, 80-140W, DO IT.

id change it again to rid ur self of whats left of that thin redline oil in there. make sure its thick as hell, i.e 80-140W and is good quality stuff, should be around $30 a litre.. and well worth every cent.

Hope the noise goes, if not maby 1 year of abuse... id definitly be thinking about rebuilding it anyways, ill probably do mine every year, or 6 months pending amount of track days it see's.

Tuschiia recommends rebuilding it every month!! Shocked fark that, only if u drift everyday for 8 hours a day, lol

[Updated on: Thu, 23 June 2005 14:15]

Bobski
Regular

I Supported Toymods

May 2004
Re: LSD diff question....strange clunking Thu, 23 June 2005 15:04 Go to previous message
yeah changed to the 75w90....redline which i had innitially and it fixed it.....ill empty it and refil in a week or so

but with my anger when removing a stubborn axle i think i fekked the bearing so now when i pull em out again i might get the axles straightened and bearings fixed.....i just cant take any sort of noise from the rear axle it drives me bonkers

cheers for ur replies guys

and yeah once a month...thats just nuts

Adam

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GT4 modification and performance ...
Next Topic:4agze no spark???
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:37:51 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.003917932510376 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.