Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Wed, 22 June 2005 10:16 Go to next message
hey guys, just wondering , on a dyno, do they rev the cars out to their limiter ?? gonna sound silly, but what do they rev it out too ???

thanks guys, nick.
  Send a private message to this user    
STR8 2.8
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Wed, 22 June 2005 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rev it till its past peak power.i dont recall ever seeing a car hit limiter on teh dyno. operators know where to back off.
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Wed, 22 June 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
they usually dont watch revs, they flatten i till it dies off, they also watch the AFR to make sure it doesnt lean out.

i saw a 911 GT3 porsche on the rebels car club dyno day hit its limiter on each run, mmmm, 310rwhp atmo 6 Very Happy
chrisellis
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Wed, 22 June 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
from what ive seen, usually no, but on some cars yes, more common on cars with giant turbo's that keep providing more power untill the rev limiter.

Chris
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Wed, 22 June 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As the others said they rev it till it hits the peak power or till it hits the limiter, The zr celica at toynats dyno day hit the rev limiter on both runs the chick owner had one of those "omg my poor car" looks on her face Laughing Laughing
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Wed, 22 June 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers guys, so what do you reckon they would take the old stock celica 162 to ?? its max power would be around the 6200rpm mark or so ??

also do they shift it thro the gears, if soo how many ??

cheers again , nick.
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Wed, 22 June 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GBC_069 wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 09:36

cheers guys, so what do you reckon they would take the old stock celica 162 to ?? its max power would be around the 6200rpm mark or so ??

also do they shift it thro the gears, if soo how many ??

cheers again , nick.

i belive for majority of cars its usually forth gear.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Wed, 22 June 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i wonder what gear theyll use for my soarer, it's auto
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manual car its 4 gear as this usually 1:1 ration

auto cars I think its done it 3rd to keep it loaded up.
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They would have to be gentle with the throttle otherwise it would just kick down into second gear!
SprinterBoy
Regular

January 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Some Autos have a "Manul" button, this may holdit in the gear needed for the dyno, but yea, light on the pedal so it won't kick down, it's rather funny watching a big auto turbo dyno.
WantaTurbo
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dont alot of auto's let u put it in 3rd gear anyways? or do most only have first second, drive?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 01:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine is 1st, 2nd Drive.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 01:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm i hope they don't rev the car out to the limiter cos mine doesn't have one Surprised j/k.
Speaking of which 4th gear in my car peak power is at 4.5krpm thats gonna be interesting
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 11:24

hmmm i hope they don't rev the car out to the limiter cos mine doesn't have one Surprised j/k.
Speaking of which 4th gear in my car peak power is at 4.5krpm thats gonna be interesting

yeah on shit cars its called valve bounce Laughing
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
or until the engines says enough is enough and just dies. Speaking of which i'd say more than likely they'd take my car to 5krpm cos after that the power drops of noticeably
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can you get a video of your dyno run Corona? I want to see it Very Happy
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 04:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i don't have a video camera but if someone does on the dyno day next week i will ask them to film it. More or less i don't think there will be much of a car to see just the dyno operators running for there lives thru thick smog, in prep i put some stop smoke in yesterday for the cruise and depending on how much oil it uses during that i'll put some more oil and stop smoke in befor the dyno day.
Even if it doesn't help cut smoke the car runs so much smoother with it in
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh thats what i dont want the celica to do , die !!! so thats why i am hestitant to put it in the dyno !!!! cheeers guys..
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i seriously doubt your celica would blow up even on a dyno, unless it was taken to a certain shop in the campbelltown area, come on if the rona can take it i am sure a pissy little celica can
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 07:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
celicas engines r tuff as nails all youll break is oil rings Razz ive proven that many of times... no way the 3sge will break on a dyno i presume thats whats in it...
GBC_069
Regular

October 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh dude it is, nah contemplating putting it in the upcoming dyno day, but don't wanna damage the engine thats all !!! call me scared but also broke !!!! so no damage for me !!!!!
berad
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah youll be right no chance might do some oil rings but doubtful it took alot of punishment from me to get it to that stage
MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 09:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GBC_069 wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 17:44

yeh dude it is, nah contemplating putting it in the upcoming dyno day, but don't wanna damage the engine thats all !!! call me scared but also broke !!!! so no damage for me !!!!!

do you ever take your car past 7000rpm on the road?

i am gonna assume yes, its exactly the same
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
indeed my car hit 6.4krpm once and has visted the redline plenty of times and it hasn't died yet redline is 5.8krpm.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive thought about this before also because my turbo is REALLY laggy, doesnt really come on till around 4-5krpm and is still going strong as long as i want. on the road i dont go much past 7 usually and im not sure what the limiter is set at.
20VBTSECA
Regular

May 2005
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah they did with myn, but thats ok because its still making power at peak RPM
ae86dave
Regular

May 2005
Re: Do dyno's rev your car out to its limiter ?? Thu, 23 June 2005 12:23 Go to previous message
do the 4ages have a standard rev limit or do they just valve
bounce? , may sound silly but i cant get mine to start and ive
never really drove one before!!!!!!!!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Celsior Tyre size
Next Topic:HOT VIP Crown
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 09:26:50 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0068011283874512 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar