Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Miscellaneous » 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Mon, 06 January 2003 08:12 Go to next message
I have the following parts for sale:

*4AGZE supercharger $300 ono

*NEVO 11psi 4AGZE boost pulley wheel $make an offer$

*Standard 4AGZE pulley wheel (approx 7~8psi) $make an offer or swap for a standard 4AGE pulley wheel.

*Sprinter (imported) T50 gearbox $290 ono

Shane.
  Send a private message to this user    
Twinky
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Mon, 06 January 2003 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll give you a $100 for the nevo
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Mon, 06 January 2003 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got any other ze parts? Coils? Igniter?
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Mon, 06 January 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the offer Twinky but these Nevo pulley wheels are approx $450 new. This one is couple of months old. I was hoping for something a little closer to $250 ono. It is a straight bolt on boost up. The super charger ribbed pulley belt goes with it too, so you won't need anything else.

Cool1, sorry but I am using the coils and I don't have an igniter (running aftermarket computer which has its own igniter). Good luck with your hunt for these parts.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Mon, 06 January 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what condition is the box in?
Does it include bellhousing with slave cylinder on drivers side?

Thanks

ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Mon, 06 January 2003 20:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TE72,
I have not used this gear box so I dont know its condition, other than the previous owner saying that it ran fine. Yes it would come with the bellhousing with slave cylinder attachments on the drivers side (it would not come with the slave cylinder or clutch fork etc). My brother is also selling the same sort of gear box, his one was fine as we did use it for a while before replacing it with a W series gearbox.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Mon, 06 January 2003 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, no worries. Are you planning to use a W box in the KE20? I need to do this to my TE72, as i'm sick of breaking the T50s. Which bellhousing do you use?

Phil
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Wed, 08 January 2003 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
G'day Phil,
You are correct that I will be using a W series gearbox in the KE20. We just fitted a W55 or 57??? to my brothers KE25, a lot of hassles, but we learnt heaps. The main thing I learnt was that I will NOT be using a Dellow bell housing. It was the most poorly manufactured item I have ever seen! The troubles encountered while fitting it were numerous. My first advice is if you get a Dellow housing, then be prepared to be very dissapointed with what you just paid $475 for and be prepared to do some extra work on it to make it acceptably neat and further work to make everything work correctly.
That said, I have been investigating other options for my KE20:
Option 1 is to have a skilled person create a bellhousing from a T50 housing and a W series housing ie half/half. Or have Castlemaine Rod Shop make the bell housing. Their bell housings look to be of a high standard, however I have not enquired on price or turn around time from these guys yet.

How does the CT26? turbo run on the 4AG? (assuming it is a CT26), what boost are you running and what computer? Your car should have heaps of room for a W series box unlike my KE20.
Shane.
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Wed, 08 January 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I keep hearing more & more bad stories about the dellow bellhousing. What the hell am I going to use! Sad

What exactly did you have to mod to make it work? Dudes keep saying that they are shit, but not why, apart from the fact that they have cheap casting quality. Could you use a supra clutch fork, thrust bearing & carrier, or did you have to buy dellow ones?

Castlemaine dont make a 4AGE-W5x bellhousing. I spoke to Rod yesterday, and he said if someone would donate a 4AGE he might have a go at it if theres enough interest. A mob in NZ make one, for a hefty $1270!!! Shocked

THe CT26 is from a 7MGTE supra, so probably a bit too big an exhaust housing for a little 1.6. she's fairly laggy. it has a TO4 compressor wheel also. Running 12psi at the moment, until properly tuned. Has a Haltech E6K computer.

Phil
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Wed, 08 January 2003 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bell housing problems, ignoring the very soft poor casting the following probs
* you will be asked which side you want your starter motor fitting on the bellhousing, however it will turn up with both sides having the bulge for the starter motor. Why be given the choice when it will just turn up with both any way?. You will need to have the starter bulge removed and a plate welded in place because A. it looks really bad and B. it is a gaping hole where things can get inside the bellhousing and C. (a small car problem and probably not an issue with your TE72) the bulge casues clearance problems in the already cramped tunnel/engine bay.
*the threads tapped in for the clutch slave were rough and daggy.
* the face of the bellhouing that attaches to the gearbox has an extraordinary amount of overlap. ie instead of a neat transition from box to housing there is about 20mm to 25mm overlap. Again probably not a great problem in a larger transmission tunnel other than not looking very neat, but in the cramped KE 20/25 tunnel this protrusion had to be removed and new alloy added for strength.
* but probably the most frustrating problem encountered is after a final fitment ready to start the car and the starter could not turn over the engine. Inspection revealed that the clutch pressure plate(of a standard size dimension) was butted against the inside of the bellhousing almost the entire way around!!!!(the same clutch was fine inside the previous T50 bellhousing) Gearbox removed and a die grinder to remove large amounts of alloy casting.
Sorry about the lengthy post, but this is it, the actual problems encoutered. Some may not be a problem in some vehicles and you have to hope you get a better casting than we did.
Shane.
Ozzidave
Newcomer

December 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Wed, 08 January 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This sounds like all the stuff out of that corolla meet with a street light and totaled it.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Wed, 08 January 2003 12:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG wrote on Wed, 08 January 2003 22:28

* but probably the most frustrating problem encountered is after a final fitment ready to start the car and the starter could not turn over the engine. Inspection revealed that the clutch pressure plate(of a standard size dimension) was butted against the inside of the bellhousing almost the entire way around!!!!(the same clutch was fine inside the previous T50 bellhousing) Gearbox removed and a die grinder to remove large amounts of alloy casting.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Hahaha, sorry, I can't help but laugh 'cos I did exactly the same thing about 2-3 months ago!
I'd heard that there was clearance probs with the larger flywheels, but I'm only using the standard tiny 88kW one so how could there be problems?

Now it's your turn to laugh though, I refitted & pulled out the whole gearbox (by myself a few times too, damn it's heavier than the old T50!) 3 times because I didn't grind out enough alloy. After about the third time I realised I could have just unbolted the bellhousing from the box to test fit it on the engine (which was in my car at the time, obviously). Pretty impressive huh? Very Happy
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Wed, 08 January 2003 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmm.. nevo!! i'll never forget when John put the prototype on my sprinter... damn those things are good!! $250 is dirt cheap for an instant boost up!! Smile
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Wed, 08 January 2003 21:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hope you rang them up and abused the hell out of them! Thats way below any standard you'd expect from a 'professional' workshop! I'd be temped to drive down there and smack them over the head with it & get my $475 back!

Thanks for the info. At least I know where NOT to get a bellhousing from! Let me know how you go with getting another made, I might have to follow.....

Cheers
Phil
20valve69corona
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Wed, 08 January 2003 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Have you still got the Gear Box?
Sprinter (imported) T50 gearbox $290 ono

Will
trueno_gze
Regular

August 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Thu, 09 January 2003 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ill give u $200 for nevo pulleys.
cheers az
gze_pwr@hotmail.com
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Thu, 09 January 2003 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few replies.........
Ozzidave you are dead right, I have one very bent corolla panel van in the garage. I am selling all the bits that are not needed for my 4AGTE KE20 buildup.

Hey Bigworm, good to hear someone struggled. My brother did remove the bellhousing from the gear box though, which made life a lot easier for test fitments.

Hey Phil, my brother did call them to say that he was not happy with the bellhousing, but whether or not they will try and improve further bellhousings is anyones guess. I will investigate my first bellhousing construction option next week and will post any positive progress.

Hey 4AGZECORONA, I still have the gearbox. I can send you an e-mail and we can discuss this further if you wish. Just post your e-mail address if your interested.

treuno_gze, hows it going? I have a guy who has offered $250 if it is for real and it sells I will post straight away to say it is gone. Cheers.

Shane
TA22-3SGTE
Regular

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Fri, 10 January 2003 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I know someone who will buy the blower if still available. Send me your phone number and I can get him to call you staight away.

Thanks.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Fri, 10 January 2003 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tahnks TA22-3SGTE, you have PM.
ybs1ow
Regular

December 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Sat, 11 January 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey shane, matt here (the guy who sold u all that stuff)
hows it going? i hope all the bits that i said were working actually are.

ps. gear box good Smile never had a problem

pps. 200 bucks for the nevo pully!!!! tear. its worth well more than that guys!

matt
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Sat, 11 January 2003 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Matt,
hows the car hunting going? I had the ZE running a few times before I took it out of the car and it all seemed sweet. I am going the turbo set up before I drop it into the KE20 so I am selling off a few of the bits I don't need, this should help a bit towards the turbo set up.

Happy car hunting if you haven't found one yet.

Cheers,

Shane.
ybs1ow
Regular

December 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Sun, 12 January 2003 05:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey shane,
godd to hear everythings working. i still havent found a car Sad its heaps hard over the xmas period cause no ones got any money.

ps. my mate is interested in the charger. how much u want for it? i assume its in god nick Wink

ta

matt
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
icon7.gif  Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Wed, 15 January 2003 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is the Nevo pulley sold?

Cheers.
killalux
Regular

January 2003
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Thu, 16 January 2003 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is the supercharger and standard pulley wheel still for sale?
cheers
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Thu, 16 January 2003 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
At this stage I would have to say yes the Nevo pulley is sold (pending exchange of cash) If it doesn't go I will readvertise.

I still have the standard ZE pulley wheel but the supercharger is gone. Thanks for the interest.

Cheers,
Shane.
superaw11
Regular

September 2002
icon12.gif  Re: 4AGZE: super charger, nevo pulley wheel, sprinter T50 box, standard ZE pulley wheel Fri, 17 January 2003 11:25 Go to previous message
I have $250 for the NEVO pulley ready to go if you get sick of waiting Very Happy
email me at webstea@ozemail.com.au
Cheers...

[Updated on: Fri, 17 January 2003 11:27]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:EMS QI-4 fuel and ignition computer
Next Topic:stuff for sale - need $$$!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 14 06:42:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0071299076080322 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar