Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Engines, Accessories and other Mechanicals » ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
inark
Regular

August 2004
****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Fri, 10 June 2005 01:56 Go to next message
Hey Guys,

Im organising a group buy of Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for Hachis.
From what i know (which is SFA lol) you need a T series diff for these to fit as theyre designed for the Jap models i would say? (correct me if im wrong...please)

Ive looked around a lot of sites and they start from $1100!
So $896 is a bloody good price.

Need a minimum of 5 people.

Cost does not include shipping.

If your interested i wont be taking the orders until August to give people time to save if needed. (i need time too )

So... if your interested simply post in here and we will go from there.
Any questions just ask.

Oh and yes it does come with the 1 litre can of oil.

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 09:47]

Send a private message to this user    
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Fri, 10 June 2005 02:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your probably about 3 months too late lol

i rekon 15+ hachi guys have just purchased new cusco and trd units from Wei.

good luck with the buy tho, thats a fantastic price, and KAAZ are top quality units.
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Fri, 10 June 2005 02:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol its all good... it was actually started on another forum but i thought i would let you guys know too.

but the offers open if there is anyone who missed out on the other one Smile
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Fri, 10 June 2005 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got mine cheaper. *in Nelson voice* "ha ha"

Still a great price.

I got mine from Henry also.

Great bloke.

Jezza
Chaos
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Fri, 10 June 2005 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well with cash a bit tight at the moment i had to think about it, but seeing as we have till August you can count me in! Very Happy
Rallystanza
Forums Junkie

May 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Fri, 10 June 2005 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
inark wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 11:56

Hey Guys,

Oh and yes it does come with the 1 litre can of oil.

The can that the LSD comes with in the box is 2L....

Jezza
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Tue, 14 June 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh ok cool...

btw just a reminder this is still going ahead and will take orders in August.
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Thu, 23 June 2005 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just another reminder to keep saving ya pennies!! not far off Smile
maurits
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Thu, 23 June 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive heard these are a bit noisy, is that true? would you know freight cost to orange NSW? $920 sounds good though.
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Thu, 23 June 2005 11:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maurits wrote on Thu, 23 June 2005 20:33

ive heard these are a bit noisy, is that true? would you know freight cost to orange NSW? $920 sounds good though.

not sure on noise ive never had one installed before...
can find out along with postage to every state closer to the date.

btw - advertise in ur own thread?

[Updated on: Thu, 23 June 2005 12:00]

mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Thu, 23 June 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is this only AE86 diffs or can you get other types? more specifically a 2 way to suit an MX83 or JZX81?
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Thu, 23 June 2005 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry about the post all. just desperate to sell.
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Fri, 24 June 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just thought i would cut in here - i am an official kaaz agent.

i can do a group buy on the ae86 lsd (to suit early diff) min purchase of 5 for the super special price of $896 (inc gst)per diff

you will not find that diff anywhere in the world for this price!!! that is super, super cheap!!!

as you are buying from a an official kaaz agent you get the warrenty & backup.

diff comes with the 2L of kaaz oil of course.

this diff will also fit the t/18 diff i am suggesting many of my customers fit to their cars as a cheap upgrade to get the stronger 6.7" diff.
will also fit the majority of ta22, ra3, ra28 & ra40 celicas.

T
pr1nce
Regular

April 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Fri, 24 June 2005 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how much is shipping to syd?
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Fri, 24 June 2005 03:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
._T_. wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 10:25

i can do a group buy on the ae86 lsd (to suit early diff) min purchase of 5 for the super special price of $896 (inc gst)per diff

you will not find that diff anywhere in the world for this price!!! that is super, super cheap!!!

this diff will also fit the t/18 diff i am suggesting many of my customers fit to their cars as a cheap upgrade to get the stronger 6.7" diff.

T

that is an awesome price toby... kudo's for doing so... might just sell mine for urs at that price
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $920! Fri, 24 June 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
._T_. wrote on Fri, 24 June 2005 10:25

T

hmmmm i thought this was going through an OFFICIAL Kaaz distributor... obviously not the same one if u can do em cheaper... either way i dont care im not the one selling them just the one that found what looked to be a great bargain.

where in Melbourne are u?
these wont fit an aus spec 86 diff obviously will they? Do u sell any upgrades for the aus specs cause i will need one of them too

Toby? i'll put ur post on the other forum that this was actually started on.

Also the price is for both 1.5 and 2way right?

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 09:45]

inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Fri, 24 June 2005 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also T can u answer the rpevious questions about them being "noisy"...

personally i dont care about noise as its going on a track only car... but the others might want to know... feel free to put up as many specs or whatever on these diffs as u like.
ShiRi
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Fri, 24 June 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ur going to need a t-series diff

go to a wrecker

the noise will depend on the oil if its worse or not... it is only normal, but a good oil will dispell it
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Fri, 24 June 2005 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
need so many parts for my car Very Happy
its going to be such a frankenstein... altho shans is worse.

yeah i got a quote for a tseries with all the bits including sway bar for 400 delivered... might go with that.
msports
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Fri, 24 June 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what time in august will you be looking at doing this?

im am very keen to get one after tax time and that should give me time.

how much for shipping?
im in wa, so im thinking for a heavy diff centre at least $100?
can we organise sumthing for this?

thanx

neil
evilsub
Regular

August 2003
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Fri, 24 June 2005 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im selling a t18 drum to drum diff with swaybar and mounts for 150 in melb if anyones interested..
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Fri, 24 June 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok to find out where we are just follow the link at the bottom of any post i make (we are in moorabbin if you are to lazy to do this Smile )

i can guarentee you that that buy is not through the importer - it will be through an asian parallel importer - hence no warrenty or backup. i have fitted quite a few of these & can tell you exactly what you will need to upgrade you car.

the kaaz diff is a mechanical (plate type) diff. if you are pushing the car around or doing a u-turn you will feel & hear a clunking sound - that is the plates sliding over eack other. all plate type lsd's do this. the kaaz diff has the biggest clutch plates, os more clunking! as the oil ages the clunking will get louder & the operation of the diff will not be as smooth - then you change the oil!

there is no lsd available to fit the "s" series diff - toyota stopped making it about 15 years ago!! (was designed for the te27 only believe it or not) best upgrade is the one i have listed above (& many of my customers have done) is to fit t18 diff with second 1/2 of t/18 tailshaft. it all bolts in! you may want to swap the diff ratio for one out of a ra40 though as t18 generally have 3.75 or 3.9:1 diffs.

the diff & the oil are not heavy (6kg?) - however due to the oil it cannot legally be shipped via aussie post, so it will have to be freighted. probably around $40 to most localities.

oh - this group buy was only for the 2 way, as 1.5 way has never been asked for before believe it or not! (hence none in country)

T
FKN16V
Forums Junkie

July 2003
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Fri, 24 June 2005 23:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If this buy is still going in 4-6 weeks, im in for sure,

Cheers

Steve
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
._T_. wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 08:59

ok to find out where we are just follow the link at the bottom of any post i make (we are in moorabbin if you are to lazy to do this Smile )

i can guarentee you that that buy is not through the importer - it will be through an asian parallel importer - hence no warrenty or backup. i have fitted quite a few of these & can tell you exactly what you will need to upgrade you car.

the kaaz diff is a mechanical (plate type) diff. if you are pushing the car around or doing a u-turn you will feel & hear a clunking sound - that is the plates sliding over eack other. all plate type lsd's do this. the kaaz diff has the biggest clutch plates, os more clunking! as the oil ages the clunking will get louder & the operation of the diff will not be as smooth - then you change the oil!

there is no lsd available to fit the "s" series diff - toyota stopped making it about 15 years ago!! (was designed for the te27 only believe it or not) best upgrade is the one i have listed above (& many of my customers have done) is to fit t18 diff with second 1/2 of t/18 tailshaft. it all bolts in! you may want to swap the diff ratio for one out of a ra40 though as t18 generally have 3.75 or 3.9:1 diffs.

the diff & the oil are not heavy (6kg?) - however due to the oil it cannot legally be shipped via aussie post, so it will have to be freighted. probably around $40 to most localities.

oh - this group buy was only for the 2 way, as 1.5 way has never been asked for before believe it or not! (hence none in country)

T

toby i want to purchase a zenki 2 way KAAZ for my AE86 zenki diff and i wanna do it this coming monday (27th)
how soon can i have it to sydney and for how much considering its not a group buy?

call me on 0410 562 457 to arrange if you like

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2005 07:51]

monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in for the august one Very Happy
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, As I asked before. Are you able to include other diffs other than AE86. I was chasing a kaaz 2 way for my MX83 and was wondering what sort of price you can do one for.
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 22:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
._T_. wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 08:59

T

Bloody meridian! omg i didnt even know u guys stocked these lol ur within walking distance from me Very Happy if i knew u guys had em i would have just come straight around.

well that makes things a hell of a lot easier Very Happy

to answer a few peoples questions i was going to wait til around the end of August so people had enough time to save their cash for it... that way theres no excuses Wink

[Updated on: Sun, 26 June 2005 22:14]

mnetb
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Sun, 26 June 2005 23:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmm ...
Kaaz LSD ... mmmm
Surprised
very intrested .. whens the cut off date?
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
T is mid august ok??
Then we can start organising getting u guys the cash?
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
august is ok - since there is no stock left in aus next shipment arrives aorund then. min 5 to go ahead - i need confirmations & deposits to reserve you a diff.

mx83 will be 8" - same a ma70 etc. i can certainly supply you a diff, but it will not be at the group buy price i'm afraid. i may be able to do a special on the diff depending on how many group buyers i can get on board

T

inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Mon, 27 June 2005 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when do u want the deposit by? i'll drop it by during the week.. and how much do u want as a deposit?
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
need 5 confirmed, then i'm happy to take deposits.

for some reason i'm not quite there yet.

T
mnetb
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 10:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Count me in!
Razz
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Tue, 28 June 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
._T_. wrote on Tue, 28 June 2005 17:33

need 5 confirmed, then i'm happy to take deposits.

for some reason i'm not quite there yet.

T

well im in for sure... theres a few guys on the ae86driving forum interested too as well as FLM

So let me know when your ready to take deposits cause i will organise them when i know how much of one u need.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 22:32]

Patr1c
Regular

May 2002
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Wed, 29 June 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toby

Do you have rebuild kits for these? IF so, what do they cost?

P
monkeymajik
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Wed, 29 June 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well count me in, I'll keep an eye on this thread for when deposits are due.
mumblezzz
Regular

June 2003
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Wed, 29 June 2005 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
._T_. wrote on Mon, 27 June 2005 18:23

august is ok - since there is no stock left in aus next shipment arrives aorund then. min 5 to go ahead - i need confirmations & deposits to reserve you a diff.

mx83 will be 8" - same a ma70 etc. i can certainly supply you a diff, but it will not be at the group buy price i'm afraid. i may be able to do a special on the diff depending on how many group buyers i can get on board

T

Hey, whats the normal price for 1 G series LSD and what sort of saving would I be loking at for say 5 people?
Chaos
Occasional Poster

November 2003

Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Wed, 29 June 2005 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm in!
Mr Taxman will be helping me with this Very Happy
._T_.
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Wed, 29 June 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rebuild parts are available for the lsds - not commonly bought.
clutch plates are $42.80 each. pinion gear $90.53 etc

diff to suit ma70 etc normally $1660, i'll have to find out on a group buy - i'll get back to you.

T

TurboRA40
Regular

March 2005
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Wed, 29 June 2005 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm interested in one too. And Moorabbin is good for me also I could pick mine up and save on postage Smile
msports
Occasional Poster

November 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Fri, 01 July 2005 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am keen, so when you need a deposit send me a pm with your bank details and i will pop deposit in.

thanks
Steve M
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Mon, 04 July 2005 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just had a chat to my brother and he is definitely in for this one.

PM me when you need a deposit and I'll get it in ASAP.

Cheers.
agp2002
Regular

May 2005
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im up for one, just wondering the deposit ammount and when its due in?? I have a T18 rear end so it should fit into that snuggly.

Iain
VRTULX
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im in as soon as I sell off my spare engine.
GTV AE86
Regular

June 2005
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Thu, 07 July 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am tempted. But I have a trd 2 way. F### it! I can always do with a back up.
Evan
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Thu, 18 August 2005 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it too late?? Confused
RobertoX
Regular

May 2002
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Tue, 23 August 2005 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Is it too late? PM me please if not Smile
inark
Regular

August 2004
Re: ****GROUP BUY**** Kaaz 1.5 or 2way LSDs for AE86 $896!!!! Wed, 24 August 2005 02:23 Go to previous message
well the dates definately gone so i spose so Wink
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Big 4A/AE86/AE93 Seca SX Parts Sale
Next Topic:18rg+solex carbies 4sale
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 07:06:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0081260204315186 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.