Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

icon5.gif  Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 00:50 Go to next message
Ohayoo,
just a quick note to let y'all know i'm no longer in Aus Very Happy

for the next couple of years i will be in Sapporo, Japan...
so far it's pretty weird, but there are so many nice cars around.. sapporo especially has many 4WD versions due to the snow here..
mmmm chasers, soarers, crowns (4wd athlete's), caldinas, BB's... seen a couple of AW11's and even a nearly perfect original mini cooper S.... heck even some of the kei cars look cool!!!

anyhoo.. nihongo no benkyoo shimasu..

Cya, Stewart
  Send a private message to this user    
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unreal! That would be such a great experience.

Any panda hachi rokus around? Smile haha

rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 00:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
did u do japanese speaking courses before u left or during your stay?

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 00:56]

BOCKA
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a sick time, should try and send a few nice sets of dished rims back.
so jealous right now Crying or Very Sad
driftae86
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
should be "nihongo o benkyoo shimasu" shouldnt it? Razz

and im sure that will come in handy if you are Very Happy Wink
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds awesome, i would love to spend some time over there! I've always found Japan and it's people interesting, would definately be a big culture shock though!

Now you're going to have to report back on all sorts of crazy experiences, maybe you could do a "weird things i've seen in japan" thread...

Btw, you wouldn't want to hunt down a set of rims i'm after would you?? Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 03:48]

Norminator
Regular

August 2002
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 04:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nice one, Stewart... wishing you all the best during your time over there!

just give it another 6 or 7 months... nothing as befuddling as seeing a black, snow-and-ice encrusted JZA80 chugging and clunking through the frozen back-streets of Sapporo!!!

i'm sure you've figured by now, Hokkaido is the drivers paradise of Nihon... for half of the year... Confused as for the other half, hope you like snow?! but hey, it's some of the best snow in the world, and a lot of people still don't know it! get your board ready, but beware; many a cute squealing Japanese snowboard-princess will torment you for being the only gai-koku-jin on the mountain... worse, still... they usually hunt in packs! i'm sorry, but you will have to put up with this! Wink

and if i recall correctly, it is Otaru that has some of the finest sushi you'll ever sample. half a still-twitching salmon fillet with a postage-stamp of rice and a smear of wasabi buried somewhere beneath it... fkn incredible, and such a great way to finish the day when you come down from the mountain.

so the only thing i still have to tell you is, you're a bastard! Wink

have fun! Very Happy
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norminator wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 14:01

half a still-twitching salmon fillet

ARGH
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 07:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
iie, panda hachi roku o mittemasen? i have only been here for about... 48 hrs now Wink

despite what people say, it is not so hard to get organised..
in 48 hrs, i have hanko, gaikokujin cardo, bank account, apartment, national health insurance, and should soon have drivers licence!!
as i don`t have a car yet, my heated parking spot may be offered to others Sad .. i need a car Wink

i did maybe 6-8 months at the institute of languages before i left... but still i have nfi..

gomen nasai dorifto86 Wink.. i am getting confused between engrish, hiragana, katakana, kangi,AND how to pronounce everything.... is not so easy to take in at once.... and i don:t have jetlag as an excuse.... only 1 hr behind sydney..

i`m definitely looking forward to boarding... but not to shovelling snow Razz
LOL, i only started eating sushi recently too( good timing) .. mmm wasabi...
funny thing is, even the cheapest meals i have had so far have ben tastier than aus made food.... but food aint cheap Sad

anyone visiting japan should go for a wander in a yodobashi camera store... so bright and shiny!!! even sapporo has 3 massive floors of stuff.... and the store people will run between floors to find things for you Wink...the US has nothing on Japan for service!!!

i went to some lectures in japanese today.. and even learntsome kanji!

i will have to post pics of my bankbook too Wink is very cute:D

Cya, Stewart
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 07:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now you just have to give them used-underwear vending machines a shot. Razz Or is that just a rumour...?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 08:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 17:38

Now you just have to give them used-underwear vending machines a shot. Razz Or is that just a rumour...?

mm, rumour so far i think.. maybe it is a tokyo thing??

there are quite a few vending machines around... for some reason, small steel cans of coffee are a popular vending machine item....

oh,and a family pizza at piiza hutto is about 3700yen = $46 ... OMG Shocked sucks even more as there is hut right near my place!

sigh.. i'll have to eat real food instead....
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pizza hut is HIDEOUSLY expensive in korea and japan

NFI why tho
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same in China. But whats the point? You're there. Enjoy some 'fresh' fish hehe. Just make sure they aren't flopping away from your plate.
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 18:01

oh,and a family pizza at piiza hutto is about 3700yen = $46 ... OMG Shocked sucks even more as there is hut right near my place!

When I had a Japanese dude homestay with me in 2003, he said how expensive pizza was...well in Tokyo anyway.

and why do you have a foreigners card? what is the purpose of that?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 19:11

oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 18:01

When I had a Japanese dude homestay with me in 2003, he said how expensive pizza was...well in Tokyo anyway.

and why do you have a foreigners card? what is the purpose of that?

yeah, it`s a bit of a shock going from $6 pizza to $46!!!

foreigner card.... because i am a foreigner (gaikoku) in japan for more than 90 days, so i must register with the kuyakusho, particularly since i have a residence...
you also need the `alien registration card` to apply for bank account (as well as address.. luckily i could get apartment without ARC or bank account. this makes things a lot easier..)

Cya,Stewart

edit: the card is basically to keep track of people. even japanese people need to register of sorts, as it allows easy organisation of services etc

[Updated on: Fri, 03 June 2005 10:11]

nightdevil
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

June 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 11:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Meet UEO Katsuhiro and let him know that he is god please

HAha, have fun dude, n good luk wif the japanese lectures!!
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gaikokujin...I don't think so...its obvious that you would be a gaijin (don't be so polite Wink )

BTW make sure you get a chance to visit Hiroshima. The change of pace (going from Osaka to Hiroshima) in the city was very refreshing especially being an 'alien' and not used to the business and all. Also I found that people were a lot more friendly too. I put it down to there are not as many gaijins in Hiroshima as there are in places like Tokyo and Osaka... so the novelty is still evident in a smaller city like Hiroshima.

Anyway thats enough rambling...
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 03 June 2005 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 03 June 2005 17:33

iie, panda hachi roku o mittemasen? i have only been here for about... 48 hrs now Wink]

panda hachi roku o mimasendeshita =]
lol what you did is cool
you put panda hachi roku o mitte - i see a panda hachi roku
with the negative ending masen

you're gonna learn so much so quickly you lucky bastard!!
did you just decide to move there? or do you have some kind of business there? im so jealous! lol

bet you're gonna have lots of fun Wink
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Sat, 04 June 2005 02:17

gaikokujin...I don't think so...its obvious that you would be a gaijin (don't be so polite Wink )

BTW make sure you get a chance to visit Hiroshima. The change of pace (going from Osaka to Hiroshima) in the city was very refreshing especially being an 'alien' and not used to the business and all. Also I found that people were a lot more friendly too. I put it down to there are not as many gaijins in Hiroshima as there are in places like Tokyo and Osaka... so the novelty is still evident in a smaller city like Hiroshima.

Anyway thats enough rambling...

nahh, most of the time i feel like gaikokujin, but occasionaly i feel like gaijin....

Sapporo feels like a very small city, even tho there are heaps of ppl and it is large.... it`s not tall i guess.... i am looking forward to hitting tokyo and osakafor an increase in pace Wink

i think i:m heading to Nara later this year for a conference, so that should be interesting:)

Thu, nah, i got a great Post-Doc fellowship/grant for two years... i figured why not Wink

as for cars....

nearly every car has AWD/4WD... due to the snow here.. even kei cars have4WD Smile..
to be honest, i am not very impressed with the current crop of toyotas.. they are mostly fairly boring im unhappy to say.. crowns, chasers, etc.. they are not great to look at Wink... i hate to say it, but some of the vans and cube cars look cool Razz

anyhoo... off to work..
Cya, Stewart

unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can get shoes out of vending machines there can't you?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nihon de shigoto wa nan desu ka.

nihon ni ittatoki ni omoshirokata daiyo!
mae ni ittakoto ga arimasen.

gomen ne kyoonen ni nihongo no benkyoo o surukoto o tomerimashita. sore dewa takusan wasureta!

raishuu wa ichinenkan ni nihon ni sumitai desu.
tabun. Confused

kankoo o shitai desu ka. doko ni ikitai desu ka. toyota amlux no tokyoo ga dai suki data. mooichidoo ikitai.

jamatta ne. Wink
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm wtf so when can i expect my caldina Very Happy
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 07:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
want me to post you over some unlimited large pizzas for $4.95 vouchers? lol
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dust wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 17:14

want me to post you over some unlimited large pizzas for $4.95 vouchers? lol

Laughing Laughing Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 16:50

gomen ne kyoonen ni nihongo no benkyoo o surukoto o tomerimashita. sore dewa takusan wasureta!

tabun. Confused

kankoo o shitai desu ka. doko ni ikitai desu ka. toyota amlux no tokyoo ga dai suki data. mooichidoo ikitai.

jamatta ne. Wink

nihon de shigoto wa hakase kenkyuuin desu

日本 で&a mp;#12288;しごと& ;#12288;は は&# 12363;せ け&#12 435;きゅう&#1235 6;ん です 。

you enjoyed your time in japan but didn't go there????
nihongo?

pardon bad year at japanese study ?? stopped?
thats why many forgot?

next week corpse?
where is the corpse?
tokyo's toyota amlux you liked?
once again gastric catarrh ?? Laughing

hmm, i think my translation skills are lacking Wink

heh heh, it might be funny for a laugh to use vouchers, but i'm not sure it would appreciated (but could possibly work the first time Razz )

the caldinas actually look half ok int he flesh.. better than the toyota website... smaller too (they don't look 1500kg!!)

and i HIGHLY recommend okonomiyaki!! tasty!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 11:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats cos they are only 1410kg Very Happy
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Corona RT142 wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 21:11

thats cos they are only 1410kg Very Happy

not the current GT model Razz isn't it 1450kg or thereabouts?
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh no! Wink hope you love it dude

now WHERE am I going to get my oxy sensor from? Razz
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 19:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 19:34

hontou ni?
atama ga ii ne!
shinidoki, bokumo boku no kurumamo wo naoserunaa! Very Happy
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 19:34

Chris Davey wrote on Mon, 06 June 2005 16:50

tabun. Confused

jamatta ne. Wink

you enjoyed your time in japan but didn't go there????
nihongo?

sorry, sono mae ni. before that I hadn't been there.

Quote:

pardon bad year at japanese study ?? stopped?
thats why many forgot?

sorry, I stopped studying japanese last year.
That is why I forgot lots.
Quote:

next week corpse?
where is the corpse?
tokyo's toyota amlux you liked?
once again gastric catarrh ?? Laughing

Sorry I meant shorai not raishuu! Embarassed
In the future I would like to live in japan for one year.

Do you want to go sightseeing? where do you want to go? Loved Toyota amlux, want to go there again!

Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 06 June 2005 23:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
im referring to the 1997-2001 (i think) Caldina GT-t's
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 07 June 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Tue, 07 June 2005 09:03

Sorry I meant shorai not raishuu! Embarassed
In the future I would like to live in japan for one year.

Do you want to go sightseeing? where do you want to go? Loved Toyota amlux, want to go there again!

ahh, arigatou gozaimasu.. watashi no nihongo wa... nigate desu Wink

today i went looking for Sapporo maps.. amazing how much easier it is when you know some kanji Wink
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 07 June 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how r u finding comunicating over there?

sounds like a fun kinda place
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 10 June 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WATASHI WA KAMAKURA NO NAKA DE BBQ O TANOSHIMITAI!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 09:42]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 10 June 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anatano atamaga kuso desu.

I think? many many years since I studied japanese
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 10 June 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
is that the japanese version of
"tell him he's dreamin" ??

my japanese friend is not convince that a BBQ in -20C will work.. i'm convinced that i MUST get a photo, having a BBQ, when it is -20C Very Happy

heh heh... even if we have to build a snow cave Wink
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 10 June 2005 10:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually, I'm pretty sure that's Japanese for "you're a shit head" Razz
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 10 June 2005 10:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aaah aaaah atama ga itai desu!!!

geez, i can barely order food let alone swear in japanese Razz

although i worked out this today Wink

anata no kurama wa mittai kudasai...

very important i think Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 10 June 2005 10:15]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 10 June 2005 14:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am a dumb tourist, please have all my credit cards ?

or

waiter, there's a shoe in that soup?

or

no, they never cut that off when i was born

or

no, many white men are much smaller than me

or

yes, i would like to try many other parts of the blowfish

or

no, the mens toilet, otherwise i will have to urinate in your pocket

Very Happy
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 10 June 2005 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Fri, 10 June 2005 20:14

anata no kurama wa mittai kudasai...

anata no kuruma wa misete kudasai/ anata no kuruma misete kure yo! (with friendly smile)
(please show me)
or
anata no kurmua ga mitai desu
(i want to see)

Wink
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 10 June 2005 23:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hai, thu187 wa tadashii to omooimasu.

oldcorollas wa tanoshisoo desu yo!
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sun, 12 June 2005 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is all too confusing to me damn jap speak, Ogenki des ka? my limited knowledge of jap from year 4 in primary school thats pretty much the limit of what i remember bar the obvious ones.
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sun, 12 June 2005 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Translation:
Yes, it seems thu187 is correct.
It seems oldcorollas is having fun.
Smile
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 13 June 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Sun, 12 June 2005 15:19

Translation:
Yes, it seems thu187 is correct.
It seems oldcorollas is having fun.
Smile

heh heh, got that right.. i got my laptop (w/TV tuner.. i saved some japanese racing to HDD Wink GT300?) and phone on the weekend.. now just need transformer to run the xbox and i'm pretty set until next paycheck Razz

also went to the Yosakoi matsuri ont he weekend.. OMG, how many people can you fit into a massive park!! it's kinda like mardi gras, but the teams are actually competing... then went wandering thru susukino area of sapporo....

i've changed my mind.. Sapporo aint small... it's central area is possibly larger than sydney!!

Cya, Stewart
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mon, 13 June 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
also saved a bit of a segment where one of the GT drivers was comparing the mercedes CLK GTR road car, vs the maserati MC12...
track was a little slippery, but he got a nice dorifto with the MC12 (i hope the owners weren't watching..)
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 17 June 2005 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Japan is a very nice place... i went there 2 years ago for school and i loved it. I studied Japan for 6yrs and i have been meaning to get over there again but my cars seem to get in the way... hope you have a good time over there..(Lucky bastard) kidding Very Happy
Cheers
Michael
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 03:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i WISH i had been studying japanese for 6 years Sad i'm just starting elementary kanji Wink

this is a typical ATM (yuubinkyouku ATM).. at my bank there is no english available Sad
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/japanese-ATM.jpg
eto.. eto.... WTF?

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2005 03:19]

indian
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ERRRR IT SAYS ENGLISH GUIDE ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT HAND SIDE

[Updated on: Tue, 21 June 2005 04:07]

oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 13:18

at my bank there is no english available Sad

cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Even when you are using the "english guide" it seems confusing, should be called the "Engrish Guide". I think when i was there i withdrew the equivalent of $5.00, or some sort of pathetic amount, and i had Locals behind me thinking "i wish this stupid gaijin would hurry the f up, does he even know what this machine does?".
And PS, i can say underwear vending machines are a Tokyo thing.
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heh heh, you have to be careful when using the multiplying buttons.. don't wanna get "sen" and "man" mixed up Wink

thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 13:18

i WISH i had been studying japanese for 6 years Sad i'm just starting elementary kanji Wink

this is a typical ATM (yuubinkyouku ATM).. at my bank there is no english available Sad
http://www.materials.unsw.edu.au/~sford/japanese-ATM.jpg
eto.. eto.... WTF?

ATM's in post offices eh? convenient Smile
lol i can read botan (i would've thought they'd use batan) wo oshitekudasai -- please push the button but im guessing you knew to do that already Laughing
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tue, 21 June 2005 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"postal savings accounts" are very popular, since there are many more post offices than banks, and consequently more ATM's that you can use over the whole country...

none of them pay much interest (similar to aus but worse), so it's a choice of service... i had to get a bank account instead of postal savings account for my allowance tho Sad....

push what? doko desu ka? i have an "ATM cheat sheet" Razz
Megz
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thu, 23 June 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah you would'nt want sen and man mixed up altho it would be quite funny seeing the look on your face when you thought you got 1000 out and you really got 10,000 out... haha,
Good luck over there,
Michael
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thu, 23 June 2005 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oldcorollas wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 18:47

"postal savings accounts" are very popular, since there are many more post offices than banks, and consequently more ATM's that you can use over the whole country...

none of them pay much interest (similar to aus but worse), so it's a choice of service... i had to get a bank account instead of postal savings account for my allowance tho Sad....

push what? doko desu ka? i have an "ATM cheat sheet" Razz

second-line-desu lol
if you really want i could get it translated for you but im 99.999% you're staying with/near some people who can speak english
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: Wakarimasen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fri, 24 June 2005 00:37 Go to previous message
no worries.. with Jim Breens WWW Dic, i feel invincible..

actually, there is maybe only 4 or 5 ppl in my research group of abotu 25ppl that is capable in engrish... i'm definitely not "handi-capable" in japanese tho Wink

as for bank.. i just put in my card and book, press the GIVE ME MONEY button, and it's all good Wink

now if you wanna do some live translation while i'm talking to sales ppl, be my guest Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Jobs
Next Topic:Witz OwNz TeH Estimal!!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 22:54:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0098261833190918 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.