Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Nova to Corolla conversion help?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
JuggaloG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 08:10 Go to next message
hey. i have a holden nova and wanan change it to the corolla specs (ae92). i was told there is a few things that need changing to have the nova changed over to a corolla such as the tailgate, lights grill bonnet and things such as that.
i have got lights for it and i tried to put them in today. i understand they wont fit with the bonnet down, but i connected it up the way it should be and the part that connects the top of the light to the front of the engine bay wont match up. it looks like the metal that connects to the radiator is higher on the nova compared to the rolla. can someone help me? what is something i could do? and is there other things that is like that?

Thanks
gab

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 08:36]

Send a private message to this user    
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why?
JuggaloG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why what?
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why "convert" it to a toyota? havent you got better things to spend money on? just remove the badges or something.
JuggaloG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
to change the badge you have to change the grill. the grill looks ugly. now to change the grill you need to change the lights aswell and to change the grill and lights you need to change the bonnet.

my car my choise.

if you are only going to bag me out just leave my thread alone
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it's choice, choise is the new zealand way to spell it.

and i wasn't bagging you out, it just doesnt seem like a useful way to spend money to me.

good luck with the conversion!
JuggaloG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanks, not looking to do major conversion but just wanna get the front looking like a corolla at least Smile
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wouldnt waste money on making it a stock rolla, get a aftermarket front bar and some altessa rear lights for the corolla, and no one will know its a nova Cool.
JuggaloG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah ill probrably get a front bar later on and i already got the back lights. but i still need info on the front lights now cause i already bought them Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 10:06]

WiLo
Forums Junkie

August 2003
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JuggaloG wrote on Wed, 22 June 2005 19:34

ok thanks, not looking to do major conversion but just wanna get the front looking like a corolla at least Smile

well get it looking like a GT that way all you need is the grille
smt_007
Forums Junkie

September 2003
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Wed, 22 June 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok here is an example kit, also they are toymods sponsors and members get trade discount, 10%+ discount Cool .

http://www.newstylemotorsport.com/toyota/corolla_A E92.php

As for altessa tail lights for the ae92 im not sure where you can get them, im sure someone here knows.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 June 2005 10:23]

JuggaloG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Fri, 24 June 2005 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bump
Merudo
Forums Junkie

February 2005

Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Fri, 24 June 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get some IS200 front headlights as well and an IS200 front bar

that would look awesome
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Fri, 24 June 2005 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Series 1 Nova's come with factory tinted tail lights... what series do you have?

You got just normal painted hatch with numberplate in middle or a plastic bar that goes across the back between the lights?
JuggaloG
Occasional Poster

March 2005
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Fri, 24 June 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got the normal painted hatch with numberplate but thats not really what im worried about Razz just the front with the lights Smile
Kr0n1k
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Fri, 24 June 2005 15:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What up ninja! MCL. In regards to your car, go to a pick and pull (if you guys in AUS have'em) find a nova, and a rolla, and try swappin the front ends. No one will ever have a clear answer on this board about these types of things because its "rice" or gay or whatever they may say. I am also cursed with the Nova, but an AE101. Anyways, Juggalo's up in this bitch. Laughing
Bananaman
Regular

July 2003
Re: Nova to Corolla conversion help? Fri, 24 June 2005 22:33 Go to previous message
That front bar is horrid, too much open space with nothing to fill it (Sik mate, front mount radiator?)

Rear i guess is ok, but isn't it all a bit overdone for your average rolla?

Kronik, we have pick and payless here Very Happy

[Updated on: Fri, 24 June 2005 22:33]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AFR Help
Next Topic:3tg/2tg dizzy/ignition on boost??
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 03:19:25 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060880184173584 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.