Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
mattae82
Occasional Poster

June 2005
100kw into ae82 wiring Thu, 23 June 2005 10:29 Go to next message
hi all,
i know 100kw into ae82 has been covered before but i cant really find what im after so i would really appriciate some help.I am putting a ae92 smallport 4age into my ae82 twin cam.Before i start i have few questions about wiring. Will the engine loom plug into the dash loom (behind the passenger side kickpanel), and the fusebox in the engine bay ,using the ae92 smallport plugs or will they need to be changed to the ae82 bigport plugs? Because they look a little differnt. Also there is a yellow plug(14p) from the dash straight to the ecu,will this plug fit straight into the smallport ecu or will it ahve to be changed. As you can tell i am fairly new to this but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
mattae82
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Thu, 23 June 2005 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Or could somebody tell me where to find this info cause i ahve searched for ages and cant find an answer!
mattae82
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Fri, 24 June 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your help Confused
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Fri, 24 June 2005 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry, cant help, but could you list the mods needed to transfer a redtop into a ae82 please? and are they hard/time-consuming? (thinking about a mechanic here)
i need a new engine and there seems to be a few more redtops than bluetops Confused

thanks
mattae82
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Fri, 24 June 2005 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its seems all pretty straight forward sept for the wiring...
i have my old bluetop out if you wanna buy it.it has a snapped timming belt though.Would it work with just a new belt or would have the valves crashed when it snapped?
skellator
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Fri, 24 June 2005 23:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, id be very interested mate, pm'd
Hunty
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Sun, 26 June 2005 17:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just pay n auto sparkie to do it for ya
cost maybe a cupple hundred
mattae82
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Tue, 28 June 2005 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Come on please someone must know!! the motor is in but i am stuck on the wiring. Someone on here must have done the conversion before and know how to at least get the motor running. I need the car runnin to get to work or im walking Sad and its raining! Please help . I went to an auto sparky and he wasnt keen on doin it.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 11:26]

sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Tue, 28 June 2005 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can do it for a price if u live in sydney

its not something where someone can say join this to that

its a 4 hr job to do it properly

and why do people just want to get motor running

there is more involved than just the engine

theres oil light temp alternator reverse lights

people think its a 5 minute job but its not

im pretty sure the 100kw plugs in middle under stereo where as the 86 kw ae82 plugs on left hand kick panel

and the fuseboxes are different too on some 100kw to 86 kw
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Tue, 28 June 2005 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The engine loom will plug into a 100kw ECU. I don't think it plugs into the kick panel or the 86kw ECU. 86Kw and 100kw ECUs are different as are their plugs. Best bet would be to get the 100 kw ECU with plugs and then you'll need to do some cross wiring between the non-engine loom plugs and your own under-dash loom.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 June 2005 14:40]

mattae82
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Wed, 29 June 2005 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
o,ok i only wanted it runnin jsut to get to work cause walking sucks Sad But its at an auto electrician now so hopefully it wont be to long and ill post some pics up of it. Thanks anyway for your replies!!
pkt-rkt
Regular

March 2005
    vz
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Thu, 21 July 2005 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yo matt how did it go?
how much did it cost ?
and where did you get it down at ?
also did you feel a difference between the setups as i got the 100kw on 86kw electrics and it goes sluggish.
mattae82
Occasional Poster

June 2005
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Sat, 23 July 2005 04:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey mate just wandering if you were still interested in wiring up my 100kw. I am on northern beaches where abouts are you located? also what sort of price would you want
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 100kw into ae82 wiring Sat, 23 July 2005 09:00 Go to previous message
i might be able to do it next wed not sure yet waiting for other workshop to reply

otherwise monday the 8th

if u r still interested call me on 0415 904 947 on mon arvo bout 5 pm and il see how wed is and ill give u a price
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fitting a Shif light to a 4agze with coil packs
Next Topic:AW11 4AGZE ( Crank and Rod question )
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 15 00:08:12 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.18864703178406 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.